happens at the end of the loading of COD files
    06-18-10 10:51 PM
    Yuck how are you dealing with it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-10 11:06 PM
    How are you installing, Dave? Are you doing it OTA or through DM?

06-18-10 11:20 PM
    weird. I let the phone reboot and it's working. go figure! Then I went back into DM and uploaded all my data that I'd just backed up, so everything SEEMS to be OK. I'm checking out all the apps now...

Mr. Orange: I did it through DM
    06-18-10 11:22 PM
    That must have been an exciting couple of mins dave
    06-18-10 11:36 PM
    That must have been an exciting couple of mins dave
    LOL! You can say that again!

what's worse is that everything seemed to be progressing quickly the FIRST time it was loading the COD files. About 75% through, I got a dialog box saying that it lost communication with the phone. I tried "retry" a bunch of times and gave up when it wouldn't progress. I unplugged the phone from the hub on the side of my monitor (which is where I had it plugged in when I did the 607 update which went uneventfully). I plugged the phone into the back of the PC and DM began recopying ALL of the COD files. At the very end, that's when I got the red error message within the DM window (no dialog box). Nothing I could do, so I unplugged the phone and waited for the phone to reboot, which it did. I'm confused as to why it's working fine, yet I got all those two errors during the two loading OS processes.

From the time I started the first attempt, until it rebooted with a functional OS, was about 50 minutes. 30 minutes of that had me a "bit" tense...

So far, EVERYTHING that I've checked is working--email, video, google maps, pandora, BBM, iheartradio... My settings are intact...
    06-18-10 11:44 PM
    aha! I found one good thing about 713--following a boot-up, the screen is no longer unresponsive for an extended period, something I found "fixable" on 607, by opening up the phone app/closing it. that would let me use other functions immediately. On 713, I can open apps immediately w/o that workaround.

BTW, both my wife's phone and mine have exhibited the delay in responsiveness following a boot up. Chime in if you had the same issue with 607/previous OS's.
    06-18-10 11:56 PM
    Memory check shows 120.5, following a battery pull. Initially I had 115 after the OS was installed, so memory looks fine so far.
    06-18-10 11:59 PM
    Sorry went to sleep, but I'm glad you got it working.

06-19-10 07:16 AM
    Sorry went to sleep, but I'm glad you got it working.

thanks! I was up late because I fell asleep mid-afternoon so I already had my beauty rest.
    06-19-10 02:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD