I just finished posting in another thread about my impressions of the Incredible. I left the store feeling disappointed. Still, I recognize and understand your list below (though, "random reboots" has never been a problem for me with my S2, nor do I have any issues with sluggish performance). I did not like the GUI on the Incredible, but then, I've not liked any of the Android interfaces, but that's simply a personal preference and may...possibly....remotely possible, be something I'd get used to.

I am curious though, one thing you did not mention, was your experience with the display outdoors. Since I was tethered to the security line in the store, I was unable to see this outside, but I've read some complaints. How's it work for you in the sun?
    with no modifications, i'd say storm display was better in direct sunlight. it may help if i adjust the screen settings on the incredible (haven't done so yet)

fwiw i didn't like my experience with the incredible in the store either; i'm not sure what the deal was, but the demo phone was extremely slow, especially compared to the moto droid.
    05-10-10 05:37 PM
    just an update on my experience with the incredible. i really like the phone thus far, very snappy and responsive.

pluses over the storm
    ======
    no random reboots, this phone is stable as ****.
    boots very quickly.
    doesn't get sluggish when multi-tasking/switching apps
    better gui
    better word recognition when typing
    vastly superior browser
    the navigation feature is surprisingly good.

reasons to miss my storm
    ======
    a week into this experience i'm already missing the bes. activesync is ok, but nothing matches up to the bes experience. in particular, i hate that i've had to recreate my profile on a daily basis because my inbox stops synchronizing. ugh.

pandora was buggy on the storm, but the overall experience was better. i'm an android noob so this may be my fault, but i've found no way to see the current track's progress or how to jump to the next track using physical buttons while the phone is locked.

the compact keyboard on the storm was better (for me anyway)

no unified inbox

battery life on the incredible blows

I only had BIS and let me tell you - ActiveSync is 10000x better than crappy BIS service. I can now read emails in full html, I can actually read more than the first 8 lines of an email (okay, slight exaggeration), I can access my subfolders and reactivate my subfolder direction rules, I have real-time syncing with my Microsoft Exchange inbox, and best of all - I don't depend on RIM and their outages any longer!
    05-10-10 07:29 PM
    Hey guys, new to this forum even though I have had my Storm for 16 months. I am also about done with it. I have had to have it replaced and this is true for my sister, brother and brother-n-law. I love having a touch screen but I am tired of it crashing. Seriously considering what to upgrade to! It's NOT a user problem either. Having to pull the battery everytime I do something as simple as a text or phone call is stupid! Customer service says that it is software failure and sends yet another phone. That is the story for all of us in the family. The phone never acted up until after my 30 days was up otherwise it would have been returned. I am NOT bashing BB, I love what they can do. I am just not sure what to do since I know my storm is on it's way out. I also know it is not apps causing the problem becasue I only have things like Facebook and Weather Bug loaded on it. I don't even play games on it.
    08-06-10 07:49 AM
    As the saying goes, "So, get on with your life." I simply shake my head about many of the posts in threads like these. They rarely offer anything substantial, where a user can really learn something, but instead, a bunch of subjective, biased fodder that is often inaccurate and/or representative of a very small fraction of the general experience.

I had my Storm 1 for 1 year and a day. It was a rocky relationship at first, with the release day OS, but as time progressed, so did the OS and by the end, I liked it quite well. I only upgraded to the 2 because of WiFi and more memory. But hey, that's my experience. I think many people want to hear supportive replies, so they can say "yeah, and EVERYONE ELSE thinks this sucks, too!" LOL!

To all, I simply say "Bye, good luck, don't let the door hit you in the *ss on the way out and go hang out in the Brand X forums."
    I find quite a bit of humor in all this mutual hate. You are telling the people who hate on the Storm to get a life because it's pathetic that they come to these forums to share their hatred with the world, yet you linger in the same section of the forums, knowing quite well the threads that frequent it, to hate on them for hating on the phone. I may be missing something, but you seem to be in the same boat that they are. Aside from the fact that you own an inferior phone, but that's beside the point.
    Last edited by blueskyjunkie; 08-11-10 at 09:26 AM.
    08-10-10 10:35 PM
    Probably my last post here. Its been fun chatting about the Storm for 18 months, I learned a lot here.

Ive moved on the the Droid X, but I will kind of miss the Storm. I will miss being able to sync to Outlook, Ill miss the screen which I thought was much easier to type on. And it was my first touch screen device, cool for its time.

I wish RIM well in the future, but it wont be easy for them.

They did have a pretty good idea with this phone, and at first this was a pretty cool phone. But the others like Android have leapfrogged BB and they will need a killer product soon, in order to remain relevant. And I hope they can do it, competition is a good thing.

One they that they should have done was to offer us S1 owners a free S2. I would probably still be using it. But in the end I just couldnt deal with the constant crashes, uneven screen, leaked memory, long pauses for no apparent reason, constant battery pulls.....ect.

Good luck everyone, see you on the other side!....................
    08-16-10 11:42 PM
    goodbye! So long! Have a nice trip! We'll keep your spot warm for your return!
    08-17-10 12:46 AM
    Original Poster: See ya, you'll be missed!

Just kidding. Nobody cares.
    Last edited by Nailz509; 08-17-10 at 01:37 AM.
    08-17-10 01:34 AM
    I hate my phone with a passion ...I hope rim goes the way of palm ... Hopefully my brief rant will disapate some of my anger

I hate this phone so much I will be dancing at rims funeral...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-06-10 04:32 AM
    10-07-10 06:32 PM
    Done. Just started wiping the Storms.

Not one of the best phones I have had the pleasure of managing. I will miss some attributes but not enough to dive into a Storm II.

Due to the constant headaches with memory leaks, battery pulls, SLOW load times, and abysmal browser responses - We are now removing all the Blackberrys from our management and rolling them over to the mid managers - as phones only - not full data devices.
    10-08-10 10:50 AM
    I bought and still have and use the original Storm, but I bought an Iphone 4 and there is no way that anyone that has used an Iphone 4 after using a Storm for a long while can say that the Storm is even a distant competitor to the Iphone. I keep the Storm for email and the flat data rate all over the world. If it wasn't for Blackberry's email excellence, I would not keep the Storm or buy another Blackberry in the future. My next Blackberry will be a simple small form factor one with a physical keyboard and I will use it for email, nothing else. The Iphone is just too good in every other application.
    11-12-10 03:15 PM
    I bought and still have and use the original Storm, but I bought an Iphone 4 and there is no way that anyone that has used an Iphone 4 after using a Storm for a long while can say that the Storm is even a distant competitor to the Iphone. I keep the Storm for email and the flat data rate all over the world. If it wasn't for Blackberry's email excellence, I would not keep the Storm or buy another Blackberry in the future. My next Blackberry will be a simple small form factor one with a physical keyboard and I will use it for email, nothing else. The Iphone is just too good in every other application.
    Nice comparison. You are comparing a phone that is over 2 years old to the iphone 4, which was released less than 5 months ago.
    11-12-10 03:44 PM
    I thought this was a joke until I actually googled it. WOW!
    11-12-10 03:44 PM
    Nice comparison. You are comparing a phone that is over 2 years old to the iphone 4, which was released less than 5 months ago.
    Choose ANY iPhone then. Take your pick.
    11-12-10 03:46 PM
    My wife's Iphone 2G is not much different except for the 3G capability and it's older than my Storm. Still much better than my Storm. Sorry, I'd love to love my Storm but it is just a poor competitor to the Iphone except or email.
    11-12-10 04:06 PM
    Remind me again what you do when your battery stops working for the iphone 4.
    11-12-10 04:27 PM
    I just upgraded from the 9530 to the 9100, running a leaked version of BB6.
    Yes, the 9550 fixes all of my problems with the Storm except no BB6.
    But the 9100 was used for $60 with minor damage, so I went with it.
    11-12-10 04:49 PM
    Remind me again what you do when your battery stops working for the iphone 4.
    Don't know, my wife's 2G is over 3 years old and the battery is still working fine. She will be upgrading to a 3 GS soon, so we will probably never know.
    11-13-10 02:43 AM
    I like the storm 1. For moderate emails and text its alright and semi stable. I go with blackberry because apple is a locked platform and google sells ur content info to advertisers. Blackberry is so air tight as far as privacy, its illegal to have ur info encrypted by RIM in some European countries.
    11-13-10 01:26 PM
    right on. common sense is a requirement for bb
    embalmfirst likes this.
    11-13-10 01:28 PM
    Don't know, my wife's 2G is over 3 years old and the battery is still working fine. She will be upgrading to a 3 GS soon, so we will probably never know.
    If you are lucky you won't have to find out. Honestly, how long does she go without having to charge her iphone?? If you tell me a whole day with moderate usage I don't believe you.
    11-13-10 03:01 PM
    I don't how the battery life is on her 2g, but on my iPhone 4 I get longer battery life than my Storm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-14-10 05:04 AM
    I find it interesting people keep saying "You can't compare 2 year old phones to current phones!" in regards to the Storm - so what is the excuse with the revolutionary Torch, which is pretty much the same specs as the Palm Pre which is 2 years old.

Sorry, I never really had an issue with my Storm, but the fact remains that RIM is still way behind the 8 ball spec wise. I couldn't believe it when I saw the specs on the Torch.
    11-14-10 06:41 PM
    I find it interesting people keep saying "You can't compare 2 year old phones to current phones!" in regards to the Storm - so what is the excuse with the revolutionary Torch, which is pretty much the same specs as the Palm Pre which is 2 years old.

Sorry, I never really had an issue with my Storm, but the fact remains that RIM is still way behind the 8 ball spec wise. I couldn't believe it when I saw the specs on the Torch.
    The palm pre was released in June 2009 and the Blackberry Torch (9800) was released in August of 2010. So these two phones were released 14 months apart...not 2 years.

The palm pre has 256 RAM and the Blackberry Torch has 512 RAM so that is a significant increase and difference.

Besides the fact that you can't be accurate in your comparisons, I agree that Blackberry in general, is falling further behind with regards to specs. They really need to catch up if they expect to continue to be competitive in the smartphone market.
    11-14-10 07:10 PM
    I was referring more to comparing the processor and that screen. I apologize that I couldn't remember off the top of my head the exact release date of a phone I owned - does it really freaking matter 14 months or 2 years? It's great to nitpick, but in the end the Torch is under powered. ooooh there's more RAM - theres still an underpowered processor and a screen display from a Gameboy Advance on their flagship device. They put more RAM in a phone with a huge OS and an underpowered processor. You're right. The Torch specs are perfectly fine compared to other phones on the market now. As long as you compare it to phones that have been around for 6 months or more...

I just hope that RIM puts an appropriate piece of hardware with QNX.
    11-14-10 09:11 PM
78 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD