after a year and a half of putting up with annoyances and fixing random errors, the gods blessed me and broke my lcd screen. i took the phone apart and considered paying $80 for a replacement screen, but that would mean i would have to deal with this piece of **** for another 6 months.

i called up vzw and explained the situation. i picked up the incredible with an early upgrade. i don't know how the incredible will play out, i can tell you though that i won't touch another RIM product for some time after my horrible Storm experience.
    05-05-10 11:51 AM
    I will take it off your hands since you hate it.
    05-05-10 12:11 PM
    Hey this thread is original. *SMH*
    05-05-10 12:23 PM
    I would have gotten rid of it literally after one week if I wasn't pleased with it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-10 12:27 PM
    I would have gotten rid of it literally after one week if I wasn't pleased with it.

Thats what I have been saying since all of this "Storm hate" began last year. They all had the same 30 days as everyone else but they choose to keep it.

But what they fail to realize is all their girlin and complaining doesn't mean nothing. RIM has already gotten your money so destoying your phone or ******** about means nothing.

It also cracks me up when people come with all these statistics????????

WHO CARES!
    05-05-10 12:47 PM
    I don't hate my S1, but I am going Android in about 6 weeks. I got my S1 on 11/21. The thing was, there was no way to see the OS limitations that early on. There was no App store at that time so we didn't know what the limits were (which turned out to be pretty low). I didn't know how much RAM it had when I got it. I assumed it would be able to run a respectable number of apps well. I was wrong. Found that out well after the 30 days was up.

I'm not destroying mine. It will wait on the bench as a good backup. For some people its a cathartic experience to smash it, you know that. Yes, RIM has their money and there is nothing they can do about it...except go Android next time.

Again, I don't hate my S1. It was (barely) OK when I got it and now its a relic. It was definitely under powered for the experience people were (justifiably) expecting, but now I know better. I won't make the same mistakes again and RIM probably won't either.

Last edited by BSG75; 05-05-10 at 01:53 PM.
    05-05-10 01:50 PM
    I looked at the Storm when purchasing my Blackberry last August. I could not type on the touch screen. I messed with it for about 30 minutes and was drawn to the physical keyboard that the Tour had. I have a friend that has no problems and loves his S1. For me, it is a personal preference, but the Storm certainly is a nice device, just not for everyone.
    05-05-10 01:55 PM
    I looked at the Storm when purchasing my Blackberry last August. I could not type on the touch screen. I messed with it for about 30 minutes and was drawn to the physical keyboard that the Tour had. I have a friend that has no problems and loves his S1. For me, it is a personal preference, but the Storm certainly is a nice device, just not for everyone.
    Your are absolutely right it is not for everyone. If those people that complain about it would just come to the realization that it just wasn't for them then we wouldn't have these lame and useless threads continuing to surface.
    05-05-10 02:10 PM
    Your are absolutely right it is not for everyone. If those people that complain about it would just come to the realization that it just wasn't for them then we wouldn't have these lame and useless threads continuing to surface.
    isnt it also lame and useless to complain about it? afterall this is a forum, where people express their likes and dislikes. you can always just skip the thread you already know whats its going to contain inside
    05-05-10 02:35 PM
    isnt it also lame and useless to complain about it? afterall this is a forum, where people express their likes and dislikes. you can always just skip the thread you already know whats its going to contain inside
    Ok and people can also do a search and put their BS in a thread of the same topic.

How about that?
    05-05-10 03:02 PM
    The stupidity of the phone user that gets blamed on RIM is what's so damn annoying to me at least. I'm not saying this OP is cause I don't know his story but at least 60% of the people saying RIM sucks just don't know how to properly use a smart phone, so they run to an iphone or the new hotness which are ****** proof, which also limits the ability of the device. Lets also keep in mind the storm 1 is 2years old people anything coming out now of course is gonna be better just based on advancements in the hardware used

05-05-10 03:19 PM
    Thats what I have been saying since all of this "Storm hate" began last year. They all had the same 30 days as everyone else but they choose to keep it.

But what they fail to realize is all their girlin and complaining doesn't mean nothing. RIM has already gotten your money so destoying your phone or ******** about means nothing.

It also cracks me up when people come with all these statistics????????

The problem is that it usually takes a new BlackBerry user more than 30 days to become a "power user." My Storm was good enough for a long time and I was quite happy with it. Right around the time 5.0 leaked, however, I was beginning to outgrow the phone. I have kept my phone for a long time and only just activated a different phone. For many people, the Storm was good enough well past their 30 day return period. To say that people that developed problems later on in their device's life (be it hardware problems or annoying bugs introduced in later software releases or just getting tired of how RIM keeps partying like it's 1999) have no right to complain about their phone now or talk about their decision to switch from BlackBerry to something else is asinine. This is a rants and raves forum. Some people come here to vent their frustrations so they can release some of their frustration. If writing about why their phone makes them want to punch babies causes them to feel better, then good for them. If breaking their phone makes them feel better, then so be it. Until CB renames this forum to just "Raves" I would suggest that people go a little easier on people around here instead of getting your ego bruised every time someone says something negative about your BlackBerry.
    WHO CARES!
    You, apparently since you are here reading a thread called "farewell to the worst gadget i've ever owned"
    05-05-10 04:49 PM
    Ok and people can also do a search and put their BS in a thread of the same topic.

How about that?
    could be said about the hundreds of wheres my browser, lost contacts, how do i install os threads alike.

its a forum. im not saying i dont agree with you, but im not saying i do either. all im saying is just because somebody is glad they moved on from a faulty device doesnt mean he needs to be flamed on. hes happy, let him have his joy.

im actually in this situation. ive moved on. i was cntent with my storm. and i acceptd every replacement they sent just hoping to get one that worked. until i got a rep who was a ********* that was certain the phone was fine and he knew this over the phone. so i got sent to a vz store. i took it after 3 hrs of them with it i said i had enough. i called back and went thru the same crap i did before the store. i emailed the ceo of vzw and they got back to me and gave me a free droid.
    Last edited by Latin559; 05-05-10 at 05:15 PM.
    05-05-10 05:10 PM
    The problem is that it usually takes a new BlackBerry user more than 30 days to become a "power user." My Storm was good enough for a long time and I was quite happy with it. Right around the time 5.0 leaked, however, I was beginning to outgrow the phone. I have kept my phone for a long time and only just activated a different phone. For many people, the Storm was good enough well past their 30 day return period. To say that people that developed problems later on in their device's life (be it hardware problems or annoying bugs introduced in later software releases or just getting tired of how RIM keeps partying like it's 1999) have no right to complain about their phone now or talk about their decision to switch from BlackBerry to something else is asinine. This is a rants and raves forum. Some people come here to vent their frustrations so they can release some of their frustration. If writing about why their phone makes them want to punch babies causes them to feel better, then good for them. If breaking their phone makes them feel better, then so be it. Until CB renames this forum to just "Raves" I would suggest that people go a little easier on people around here instead of getting your ego bruised every time someone says something negative about your BlackBerry.

You, apparently since you are here reading a thread called "farewell to the worst gadget i've ever owned"
    And you are also reading the same thread and acting like you super save a *** or something.
    05-05-10 06:03 PM
    could be said about the hundreds of wheres my browser, lost contacts, how do i install os threads alike.

its a forum. im not saying i dont agree with you, but im not saying i do either. all im saying is just because somebody is glad they moved on from a faulty device doesnt mean he needs to be flamed on. hes happy, let him have his joy.

im actually in this situation. ive moved on. i was cntent with my storm. and i acceptd every replacement they sent just hoping to get one that worked. until i got a rep who was a ********* that was certain the phone was fine and he knew this over the phone. so i got sent to a vz store. i took it after 3 hrs of them with it i said i had enough. i called back and went thru the same crap i did before the store. i emailed the ceo of vzw and they got back to me and gave me a free droid.
    And when you see these repeat threads like that you have other people saying the same things that I'm saying. So what makes what I say so different than the others? If a person moves on to another phone so be it. I checked out the incredible. It wasn't what I wanted so I didn't get it. I'm not all in the Android forum bashing the phone cause I didn't want it.
    05-05-10 06:11 PM
    I've had the Storm and now the Storm 2, and I don't hate them. I'm really considering getting the Incredible too, because it fells like the phone is two years behind instead of being only 6 months old.
    05-05-10 06:40 PM
    The stupidity of the phone user that gets blamed on RIM is what's so damn annoying to me at least. I'm not saying this OP is cause I don't know his story but at least 60% of the people saying RIM sucks just don't know how to properly use a smart phone, so they run to an iphone or the new hotness which are ****** proof, which also limits the ability of the device. Lets also keep in mind the storm 1 is 2years old people anything coming out now of course is gonna be better just based on advancements in the hardware used

i don't know where i stand in terms of my knowledge of smartphones, but let me qualify my earlier comments.

sometimes the phone crashes with very obvious symptoms, i.e. a jvm error. ok cool, that i can at least diagnose with the command prompt utility (i forget the name) and repair on my own. there are other times, like when i'm in BBM, when the phone reboots itself. this would be an annoyance regardless of phone, but it's really brutal considering the s1's boot-up time.

another problem was with persistent application memory errors. i went through the settings/memory interface and removed as much junk as possible, but the low memory error would always creep up on me a few months later when i would try to install a new app or upgrade an existing application.

for the guys who are offended by my post: relax. it's not like rim and/or the storm is your dad (honestly, it feels like your family has just been insulted and now you're out for blood!) some of you guys are just as bad as the iphone sackriders.
    05-06-10 12:27 PM
    i don't know where i stand in terms of my knowledge of smartphones, but let me qualify my earlier comments.

sometimes the phone crashes with very obvious symptoms, i.e. a jvm error. ok cool, that i can at least diagnose with the command prompt utility (i forget the name) and repair on my own. there are other times, like when i'm in BBM, when the phone reboots itself. this would be an annoyance regardless of phone, but it's really brutal considering the s1's boot-up time.

another problem was with persistent application memory errors. i went through the settings/memory interface and removed as much junk as possible, but the low memory error would always creep up on me a few months later when i would try to install a new app or upgrade an existing application.

for the guys who are offended by my post: relax. it's not like rim and/or the storm is your dad (honestly, it feels like your family has just been insulted and now you're out for blood!) some of you guys are just as bad as the iphone sackriders.
    See I'd put you under the 40% that have legitimate issues.. Does that mean RIM sucks? No it means you got a device with some problems, I've never had those problems in over a year of having the same phone. But your right people that take "offense" are pretty pathetic because it is just a phone. I said its annoying not offensive, repetitive stupidity will annoy the **** out of anyone.

05-06-10 02:46 PM
    Some people are ultimate RIM apologists. Please ignore them. They will backup the Storm no matter how crappy it is. I bet the Storm has probably cause more people to switch platforms than any other blackberry. Go over to the Android forums and many of the people over there come from a crappy Storm. The Storm stinks. End of story.
    Last edited by scorpiodsu; 05-06-10 at 03:33 PM.
    05-06-10 03:21 PM
    Itzdatdude is an ultimate RIM apologist. Please ignore him. He will backup the Storm no matter how crappy it is. I bet the Storm has probably cause more people to switch platforms than any other blackberry. Go over to the Android forums and many of the people over there come from a crappy Storm. The Storm stinks. End of story.
    you're absolutely right about the storm turning people away from the RIM platform. as an IT guy, i'm still solidly behind using blackberries/bes for business users (so long as the users stick with a traditional, non-touch device.)

from a consumer point of view, i can see the advantages of a blackberry, but i could also see why the lesser iphone and these new android devices are becoming a more popular option.
    05-06-10 03:37 PM
    you're absolutely right about the storm turning people away from the RIM platform. as an IT guy, i'm still solidly behind using blackberries/bes for business users (so long as the users stick with a traditional, non-touch device.)

from a consumer point of view, i can see the advantages of a blackberry, but i could also see why the lesser iphone and these new android devices are becoming a more popular option.
    And look who shows up right on cue as soon as you said "iphone sackriders", the biggest one of them all scorpiodsu. He spends more time in these forums than the iphone forum. Why? You have to ask him. Between him and it was about 3 or 4 others. Thats all they do. SO IGNORE HIM like I did and put him on my ignore list.

The only way I found out that this need a life f****t said anything about me cause you quoted him.

But it was so funny that no sooner you said "iphone sackrider" he pops up.

I guess he knows his name. LMAO. Cause you don't see any of the other "riders" that use to be down with him so I guess they got lives and moved on. He just never did. BODH
    05-06-10 04:16 PM
    When I search for reviews on different Blackberrys, no one agrees. Let me try this way. I had a Blackberry Curve 8330, Verizon, which I was very happy with, until it recently died after 14 months. I picked up a cheap BB 8800, works well, as a temporary replacement. Have any of you owned the 8330 with Verizon, and then upgraded to either the Curve 8530, the Storm2 or the Tour? If so, how does your new phone compare to the 8330? I'm using that as a bench mark to judge other BB's, whether better or worse. My use is strictly personal, not business. Overwhelmingly for email, web browsing and texting. Thanks.
    05-06-10 06:28 PM
    And look who shows up right on cue as soon as you said "iphone sackriders", the biggest one of them all scorpiodsu. He spends more time in these forums than the iphone forum. Why? You have to ask him. Between him and it was about 3 or 4 others. Thats all they do. SO IGNORE HIM like I did and put him on my ignore list.

The only way I found out that this need a life f****t said anything about me cause you quoted him.

But it was so funny that no sooner you said "iphone sackrider" he pops up.

I guess he knows his name. LMAO. Cause you don't see any of the other "riders" that use to be down with him so I guess they got lives and moved on. He just never did. BODH
    Luckily, my reading comprehension skills are good, so I got the gist of what you're trying to say. Now go back to school, you're embarrassing yourself.
    Last edited by DrewCSchultz; 05-07-10 at 01:24 AM.
    05-07-10 01:17 AM

AHHAHAHA ! You can't even depend on a storm to call 911 reliably!

STORM SUCKS!!!

Spend 40 hours with a storm.. and you are doing nothing but bug fixes and installing janky *** hybrids that may fix your "color banding issues" (sorry.. rim lowered the color palette because it couldn't handle more than 256).. and you still don't have a working media player.

Spend 40 hours with a droid... you may learn how to remotely control your home computer, learn how to talk to your phone to control everything and navigate you absolutely anywhere for free, learn how to overclock your phone to 1.2 ghz, turn it into a real-time ftp server, maybe turn it into a wireless broadband connection for you and your friends for free at 2mbit/sec, and you may even be able to make a phone call !! FOR REAL.. It even keeps up with you no matter HOW fast you type in the numbers!
    ooh.. thats not even 40 hours.. thats the first 10!

STORM SUCKS.. It sucks so bad that i still stop by here every once in a while to rag on that P.O.S.. its like the nightmare ex-girlfriend from **** that has scarred you for life.. and you still continue to obsessively plot your revenge for all the life she stole from you. (an unhealthy pursuit for sure.)

F.U. STORM.. and RIM.. and your crappy hockey teams!! I HATE YOU ALL.. enjoy your battery pulls RIM SLAVES

$M
    05-07-10 02:58 AM
    AHHAHAHA ! You can't even depend on a storm to call 911 reliably!

STORM SUCKS!!!

Spend 40 hours with a storm.. and you are doing nothing but bug fixes and installing janky *** hybrids that may fix your "color banding issues" (sorry.. rim lowered the color palette because it couldn't handle more than 256).. and you still don't have a working media player.

Spend 40 hours with a droid... you may learn how to remotely control your home computer, learn how to talk to your phone to control everything and navigate you absolutely anywhere for free, learn how to overclock your phone to 1.2 ghz, turn it into a real-time ftp server, maybe turn it into a wireless broadband connection for you and your friends for free at 2mbit/sec, and you may even be able to make a phone call !! FOR REAL.. It even keeps up with you no matter HOW fast you type in the numbers!
    ooh.. thats not even 40 hours.. thats the first 10!

STORM SUCKS.. It sucks so bad that i still stop by here every once in a while to rag on that P.O.S.. its like the nightmare ex-girlfriend from **** that has scarred you for life.. and you still continue to obsessively plot your revenge for all the life she stole from you. (an unhealthy pursuit for sure.)

F.U. STORM.. and RIM.. and your crappy hockey teams!! I HATE YOU ALL.. enjoy your battery pulls RIM SLAVES

$M
    The Storm I (now 18 months old) has many, well documented shortcomings. But really, some people are, as you say "slaves" to rim because they are always defending it. You are a slave too, Bud, if you feel the compulsion to post about how much you hate it. Let it go. You're the stalker here.

For the record, I'm getting the Incredible in 6 weeks. My S1 has been serviceable (after 4 replacements under warranty).
    05-07-10 10:00 AM
78 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD