A while ago my sister got a curve and used my father's upgrade to get it cheaper. She has a friend that works at a Verizon store like 45 minutes away, was that something that had to be worked out or is that just something Verizon allows? I'm getting the phone and I talked with Verizon to change my mother's upgrade date to today rather than February. She has no problem with me using her upgrade due to the fact she just bought a new phone not that long ago. Now, is it just simple and easy to use her upgrade on my account...?

Oh and by the way, anyone think there's a chance VZW will get them before the 30th? I want to use the Blackberry trade up promotion :\
    11-23-08 04:15 PM
    The primary line is eligible for annual upgrades. This annual upgrade goes into effect one year after the primary line's phone signed the contract.

You CAN use that annual upgrade on the primary line to get the Storm, then activate it on your line. However, the only way to get this annual upgrade is if your mom's line has served over one year.
    11-23-08 04:18 PM
    Yes, VZW allows that. It's called an alternate upgrade.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-08 04:19 PM
    The primary line is eligible for annual upgrades. This annual upgrade goes into effect one year after the primary line's phone signed the contract.

You CAN use that annual upgrade on the primary line to get the Storm, then activate it on your line. However, the only way to get this annual upgrade is if your mom's line has served over one year.
    The primary line is my father's, so will this not be possible? Could probably work out something with my sister's friend if that's the case then.

Yes, VZW allows that. It's called an alternate upgrade.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Ah, alright, nevermind then. =D

Thanks.
    Last edited by Skeptix; 11-23-08 at 04:30 PM.
    11-23-08 04:20 PM
    If you want the phone, but aren't eligible for an upgrade, why not add a new line? Add a line, get the phone @ 2 year price, then cancel your old line. You'll pay an ETF and get a new number...but it will be better then paying $500 for the phone.
    11-23-08 05:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD