02-20-09 11:38 PM
37 12
tools
    Family & Friends includes landlines too?? Cool!
    02-20-09 06:27 PM
    friends and family is a great gift for vzn customers that use a lot of minutes. it is amazing that people are complaining about it.
    02-20-09 06:38 PM
    friends and family is a great gift for vzn customers that use a lot of minutes. it is amazing that people are complaining about it.
    ha ha ha "Use a lot of minutes", like I said, I have teenagers...and a toddler! Thankfully he doesn't quick get the phone thing yet! LOL
    02-20-09 07:06 PM
    please some one know how to save me some money I have two storms one for my wife one for me my bill is 208 with 1400 min. and unlimited sms,mms,internet but we don't use all 1400 min. so I call verizon to lower my plan to 700 min and they say if I cut the plan we not be able to use 10 family an friends free connect numbers what can we do to save couple dollars thank's
    www(dot)verizonwireless(dot)com/b2c/employee/emaildomainauthentication

check this for discounts or I talked to a representative over the phone two nights ago about adding my gf to my account and the rep stated that it would run me about $ 130-150 with a 25% military discount for two blackberrys on a family share plan. but then again most of the people we talk to including friends and family are on Verizon...hope this helped a little bit?
    02-20-09 07:27 PM
    It sounds nice but like everything else, it's a business gimmick.

They make you purchase a plan that's "expensive" enough to qualify for Family and Friends.

Granted, I'm on a large enough family shareplan anyway. But with unlimited texts, unlimited MMS, free weekends, free nights, and free IN-calling along with my 1400 minutes, there's really no huge need for Family and Friends.

That being said, it's free so I quickly added 10 buddies.
    02-20-09 08:33 PM
    The commercials say any plan over $90, but that is not true, it is only if you use a certain # of minutes.

Why can't we get a break from VZW?
    it says any basic plan over $90...
    02-20-09 08:51 PM
    I just received some info on that plan in the mail the other day. I assumed it was because I changed my monthly plan to the 1400 min unlimited texted plan.(I have teenagers, need I say more! LOL) I had no idea they had a "family & friends" plan. I haven't looked into yet tho but I was thinking the "verizon" calls are still "in calling/texting" so the family & friends would be to those on other carriers.
    It just came out on monday, but you'd want to use the 10 for non verizon mobile numbers, and land lines, cuz the verizon m2m is free
    02-20-09 08:53 PM
    It sounds nice but like everything else, it's a business gimmick.

They make you purchase a plan that's "expensive" enough to qualify for Family and Friends.

Granted, I'm on a large enough family shareplan anyway. But with unlimited texts, unlimited MMS, free weekends, free nights, and free IN-calling along with my 1400 minutes, there's really no huge need for Family and Friends.

That being said, it's free so I quickly added 10 buddies.
    I don't see it as a gimmick at all. I guess it probably depends what each individual person has, as far as their plan. Me, I'm on the 1350 mins/month plan. I typically use about 1000 minutes a month, however about 1/4 of those minutes are used for one phone number, calls to my office.

So, there's a good chance I'll be able to save 20 bucks/month and bump down to the 900 minute/month plan now that that number will be airtime free.

Having said that, obvioiusly Verizon wouldn't be doing this if they didn't think it was good business, for them.
    02-20-09 09:08 PM
    Why do you need a break from Verizon? Right now with your plan if you aren't going over your minutes than family and friends won't help you. is it just the appeal of having something new?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    like you say is just something new or maybe the try to copy tmobile 5 favorites. any way this don't help to me if I don't have family and fiends probably use all my minutes now if I got it, use only like 400 min. and verizon DON'T HAVE ROLLOVER MINUTES" to keep my min. so what is the purpose of this
    02-20-09 09:54 PM
    i saw this the other night and not all my friends are on verizon so since i'm a talkaholic i would so use this program so save a bit of money! i think it's a great idea!
    02-20-09 10:45 PM
    VZW just acquired alltel this is a cary over of the my circle they had.

If you use 1700 a month you need the 1400 plan...

like you say is just something new or maybe the try to copy tmobile 5 favorites. any way this don't help to me if I don't have family and fiends probably use all my minutes now if I got it, use only like 400 min. and verizon DON'T HAVE ROLLOVER MINUTES" to keep my min. so what is the purpose of this
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-20-09 11:03 PM
    Sounds very confusing just what I would expect from Verizon!!!
    02-20-09 11:38 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD