I'm getting a small red icon on the home screen notifying me of a new email when there is no new email at all.

Anyone with the same problem?

How to solve this?

Thanks guys.

02-01-09 07:37 AM
    Could be a glitch which a battery pull would fix.

OR

Check ALL folders for unread messages, including hidden folders, saved, calls logged in message folder, PIN messages.

Also, it could be a weatherbug alert if you have visual alerts turned on.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-01-09 07:44 AM
    I have had that happen before and it was a blackberry messenger message. I had to go into the instant messenger folder to see it.
    02-01-09 07:54 AM
    Battery pull usually fixes it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-01-09 07:54 AM
    already tried a couple of battery pulls .. no workie.

When I get this false alert, then click on the screen and go where the other icons are, and then go back to home screen, email notification is not there anymore.

Then I look at the screen and after 5-10 seconds without touching the phone, the red notification icon comes back.

Why?

02-01-09 07:56 AM
    did you check Blackberry Messenger?
    02-01-09 07:57 AM
    I have had that happen before and it was a blackberry messenger message. I had to go into the instant messenger folder to see it.
    None of them has ever been installed on my storm (Windows, yahoo, google talk, aol, icq .. never installed)
    02-01-09 08:00 AM
    and yes, I'm still running the original (stock) .78 os.

Any ideas?!?

02-01-09 08:10 AM
    already tried a couple of battery pulls .. no workie.

When I get this false alert, then click on the screen and go where the other icons are, and then go back to home screen, email notification is not there anymore.

Then I look at the screen and after 5-10 seconds without touching the phone, the red notification icon comes back.

Why?

I have had the same problem over the past couple of days. I have to go back and forth from the home screen and the e-mail account several times before it finally clears.
    02-06-09 12:56 PM
    I have the same issue ever since i went from .90 to .99

it aint that big of deal for me to worry about it , but if you find an answer i would love to hear it , yes i have checked all messages and all emails . it is not that , it goes away after going to the main screen with all the icons then going back to home screen - if that makes sense
    02-06-09 12:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD