Just stopped by a verizon store today and saw a demonstration video playing of the storm. In the video when the storm was rotated you saw the screen image rotate like on an iphone. Also there was something similar to a pinch zoom in the browser. What's the deal? Would you consider that false advertisement. Or do you think this will be in the next official release?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-16-09 08:37 PM
    Advertising is just that, advertising. Now if they claim your Storm would act the same way, and it doesn't, that would be false advertising. I'd expect to see some newer features whenever they get an official new OS released. For now, .109 works for me.
    03-16-09 08:40 PM
    Just stopped by a verizon store today and saw a demonstration video playing of the storm. In the video when the storm was rotated you saw the screen image rotate like on an iphone. Also there was something similar to a pinch zoom in the browser. What's the deal? Would you consider that false advertisement. Or do you think this will be in the next official release?
    I hope not. A lady that works for me has the new 3G iPhone and my Storm running .109, the accelerometer is much faster than her iPhone and my browser is a little faster than hers when shes not on wifi. So I hope it's false advertising. Or else I have no problem staying on .109 forever as it has been problem free for me except for MMS which is not an issue with me.
    03-16-09 08:41 PM
    Don't get me wrong...I love my storm and in no way want an phone...I was just curious...bow if you like 109 try the 114/113 hybrid with the .86 mms

03-16-09 08:44 PM
    I hope not. A lady that works for me has the new 3G iPhone and my Storm running .109, the accelerometer is much faster than her iPhone and my browser is a little faster than hers when shes not on wifi. So I hope it's false advertising. Or else I have no problem staying on .109 forever as it has been problem free for me except for MMS which is not an issue with me.
    I would hope that your Storm ran faster than the iPhone. Most likely you are not in a true HSDPA area since At&t is really slow in development and is only strong in metro areas. I am a huge Storm and CDMA EVDO fan, but if you get that iPhone in a HSDPA area it is really fast. By the time At&t can build it Verizon LTE will be the technology of choice and the phones we play with today will be a joke.
    03-16-09 09:03 PM
    Advertising is all it is. Remember the original commercials showing the Storm running Smooth and Snappy. Well thats your proof right there. Advertiseing just right, to get the money in there pocket. Anyone would do that honestly. You dont belive anything untill you inspect yourself
    03-16-09 09:09 PM
    Advertising is just that, advertising. Now if they claim your Storm would act the same way, and it doesn't, that would be false advertising. I'd expect to see some newer features whenever they get an official new OS released. For now, .109 works for me.
    I'm pretty sure verizon would have to include a disclaimer somewhere on the screen when showing something the phone didn't actually do. Kind of like commercials for kids toys that show things like action figures talking.

03-16-09 09:13 PM
    "Screen Simulated" somewhere in the commercials. If not it could be liable for suing of false adverts like the iPhone in UK that got pulled of the network.

Crazy world
    03-16-09 09:28 PM
    I would hope that your Storm ran faster than the iPhone. Most likely you are not in a true HSDPA area since At&t is really slow in development and is only strong in metro areas. I am a huge Storm and CDMA EVDO fan, but if you get that iPhone in a HSDPA area it is really fast. By the time At&t can build it Verizon LTE will be the technology of choice and the phones we play with today will be a joke.
    How in the world would the network speed affect accelerometer lag?
    03-16-09 09:52 PM
    How in the world would the network speed affect accelerometer lag?
    Last I check the 2 had nothing to do with each other.
    03-16-09 10:13 PM
    i came from an iphone then iphone 3g. the capabilities of an iphone were great. the ease of use and sexy/sleek look of the phone is what apple has been all about.
    the iphone is awesome on wifi. it's TERRIBLE....even 3g when you're not network connected.
    the aps are what drive the phone and users to stick with it.
    after the initial software updates for the iphone... use was flawless...
    but its connectivity was the issue for me.
    it wouldn't push my emails at times.
    other times it wouldn't retrieve my mail.
    then they encourage you to setup a mac or a mobile me acct, to pay for that service...and i'm sorry, but i just wasn't gonna do that. connectivity for me is key...since the days of the motorola time port 2way...I got used to emails coming in.... being able to send vcards....etc....

there are things that I miss about the iphone like the aps.... but mobile emailing...connectivity...and basically communication are ruled by the blackberry in the US.

go outside the US, then it's a different story....
    03-16-09 10:16 PM
    staying on .109 forever as it has been problem free for me except for MMS which is not an issue with me.
    I'm running .109 and MMS works just fine. I send and recieve MMS a few times a day with no issues.
    03-16-09 10:21 PM
    Im pretty sure the storm had a rotating screen in the beginning. Was probably removed for reasons similar to the screen fade. Maybe it will come back.
    03-17-09 01:48 AM
    Don't get me wrong...I love my storm and in no way want an phone...I was just curious...bow if you like 109 try the 114/113 hybrid with the .86 mms

Don't forget about putting in the .109 radio file

03-17-09 01:52 AM
    Does someone have video of this ad? I've searched youtube and the net and found nothing. I'd like to see what you're talking about without driving to my nearest Verizon just to see what you're referring to. Yeah I know the girl that works there, but saying "Oh, I don't need anything. I'm just here to see the Storm video ad you have." LoL She might take things the wrong way.
    03-17-09 02:00 AM
    It is probably just a misunderstanding...like the people who saw the ad featuring flick scrolling, without noticing the app being used in the commercial was AP Mobile (which uses flick scrolling).

My guess is that, if this commercial is out there, it shows an app or website being used that would explain the anomaly.

03-17-09 02:13 AM
    Advertising is all it is. Remember the original commercials showing the Storm running Smooth and Snappy. Well thats your proof right there. Advertiseing just right, to get the money in there pocket. Anyone would do that honestly. You dont belive anything untill you inspect yourself
    My phone runs just as smooth and snappy as the commercials. If not faster.

03-17-09 06:49 AM
    Does someone have video of this ad? I've searched youtube and the net and found nothing. I'd like to see what you're talking about without driving to my nearest Verizon just to see what you're referring to. Yeah I know the girl that works there, but saying "Oh, I don't need anything. I'm just here to see the Storm video ad you have." LoL She might take things the wrong way.
    its not an add its an in-store demo video. so if you want to see it take a trip to the vzw stor, trust me youll get a kick out of it. i did.
    03-17-09 07:42 AM
    its not an add its an in-store demo video. so if you want to see it take a trip to the vzw stor, trust me youll get a kick out of it. i did.
    Did you question any of the clowns in there about it?

03-17-09 09:01 AM
    Verizon blackberry storm commercial - Google Video

This should be all of them...no sign of this one where the screen actually rotates instead of flips...
    03-17-09 09:17 AM
    Verizon blackberry storm commercial - Google Video

This should be all of them...no sign of this one where the screen actually rotates instead of flips...
    *Found one...w00t!

Dailymotion - Pub pour le Blackberry Storm chez Vodafone, une vidéo de AbriCoCotierFR. pub, ad, publicite, blackberry, rim
    03-17-09 09:38 AM
    acording to the data on that page,That video was posted 5 months ago.
    03-17-09 11:07 AM
    acording to the data on that page,That video was posted 5 months ago.
    ...and your point is ??
    03-17-09 11:34 AM

"Advertising just right, to get the money in there pocket" WTF

"Anyone would do that honestly", WTF again?

"You dont belive anything untill you inspect yourself", WTF X 3

Is this some 1990 hip hop rhyme?

Untill is spelled until.

Ouch....

You look like your one step away from looking like this guy.

ht tp://evergreenlife.org/uploaded_images/JohnWaters_Pimentel_316571_-702608.jpg
    03-17-09 02:02 PM
    "Advertising just right, to get the money in there pocket" WTF

"Anyone would do that honestly", WTF again?

"You dont belive anything untill you inspect yourself", WTF X 3

Is this some 1990 hip hop rhyme?

Untill is spelled until.

Ouch....

You look like your one step away from looking like this guy.

ht tp://evergreenlife.org/uploaded_images/JohnWaters_Pimentel_316571_-702608.jpg
    Eeepc, WTF are you doing posting here? Get a life pal, these threads are for people looking for information on possible OS releases not morons like you!
    ENJOY Pretty brilliant for your first post!
    Last edited by njdevils1986; 03-17-09 at 02:20 PM.
    03-17-09 02:13 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD