Who still holding strong? With each leaked OS i lose it (faith) more and more. Got my Storm with .90 pre-loaded. It froze within 10 minutes of taking it out of the box, then up to .99 it was ok but the screen looked like a cloth that had been washed out with bleach, then came .103 no EDGE data connection, .109 i liked but having to pull the battery every day due to a memory leak and having to wait sometimes up to an hour for a stable data connection got really old fast, then came .114 same data issue but with a keyboard fix it was pretty good but again couldn't deal with it. Now here comes "official" .113 and the data issue is even worse now. At least with .109 and .114 the data would stay connected once it became stable.

.76 is slow but it works and looks great yet still i didn't pay 500+ for a phone with an OS that my buddy's 100 buck Sony Ericsson can run circles around. Usually i tell people don't complain about betas because yes, they will have bugs. However anyone using a BB during the 4.5 beta days can tell you each OS build that was leaked was better than the last. I'm really starting to think RIM can't get it right with the Storm with 4.6 shoe horned into an awesome device. I REALLY like my Storm if it was as fast/reliable as my 8900 i'd give the 8900 away but now i'm so disappointed........
    03-24-09 02:14 PM
    Tell me more about your data connectivity issues on .113....I have been running it and have not had any connectivity issues after *228 - 2 and a reset.
    03-24-09 02:17 PM
    Yeah that's because you're on CDMA i'm on GSM. After .109 the CDMA Stormers really didn't have much to complain about.
    03-24-09 02:24 PM
    Ahhhhhh I see....why not swap out a radio code of a build you do like? I could tell you how, it is very easy.
    03-24-09 02:26 PM
    I know how to but thanks for the offer

.90 is nothing but freezes and random reboots and .99 well the screen is just to damn ugly plus freezes and random reboots. LOL! So those sfi files are a no go. Tried making a .76 with the features of .114 but uhhhh yeah i bricked the phone each time.....so fail.
    03-24-09 02:33 PM
    .90 preloaded by who?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-09 02:34 PM
    I don't know if I would say I am losing faith but I am just disappointed.....I wouldn't say the phone sucks and wouldn't say it's great...right now for me it's just a middle of the road blackberry device with some huge upside...or atleast I hope there is upside..I have installed every leaked OS and have had my phone from day 1...well took 5 days to ship..so what's that like day 6....it came with .65 and the day after I got it flew back home and battery was dead after 2 hours...that first week was very trying for me but since then it has been a rollercoaster....who knows when an official OS will come out and quite honestly I don't have much hope for it...my true feelings is that it will be a few more months before my device operates smoothly....I am not looking for perfection...just looking for a smooth experience from my phone...I've owned a few winmo devices and actually my samsung i730 packed the most punch...too bad it was huge...but that thing was a machine...I've owned a few bb as well...I have spent more time on this phone trying to get it to function smoothly than anything in my life...the only thing that truly bothers me about having conversations about this phone on here is I hear a lot of people saying it's a first generation phone and what not...and true it is...but it was not advertised that way....at all...it was advertised as a fully functional media device....so there are plenty of people who have had no experience with smartphones that are having tons of problems and are met with harsh replies about how they should've known....anyway off the subject....back to the point...I have not lost faith...I have made a commitment to stick with this phone and now I have to live with that commitment...though will say this...they drop an official os that is in the .11x range and I may have to come edit this post.
    03-24-09 02:34 PM
    What about the good 'ol .75 radio? Not sure you can go that far back though.
    03-24-09 02:35 PM
    Souless i couldn't have said it better. I bought the Storm knowing full well i would need to have patience with the device but i never thought it would be like this. I started using .76 to see if it was as bad as everyone was saying and to my surprise it's actually a lot better than some beta in many respects for me. If the official release was a fast .76 with the .114 keyboard and C&P i'd to totally happy until 5.0 shows up.

Zazzified: It was loaded on for me before being shipped out.
    03-24-09 02:42 PM
    What about the good 'ol .75 radio? Not sure you can go that far back though.
    My device is a Telus Storm factory unlocked. .75 actually doesn't work on it. If i load .75 i don't get an app menu just a list with a few options, something like the options screen.
    03-24-09 02:44 PM
    What about bell .86?
    03-24-09 02:50 PM
    you must of bought your storm second hand, how else could a leaked os be pre-loaded?

i'm sure you've heard this before but it sounds like you're trying to use the phone on a network it wasn't designed for. in that case you will have to tinker around more than most to get to 'work right'.

for those of us using the phone on vzw, the phone is working pretty well for a lot of people. only thing i'm holding out 'faith' for is that the device continues to get better. at this point i'm very satisfied though.
    03-24-09 02:59 PM
    Sorry to hear you spent $500 and you are dealing with this but I have some advice : )

First the obvious. Just keep it. You already know the Storm has hit its stride and its not going to get much better. Basically what you have now is what you are going to get. After this next release that's it. VZW is done kicking out OS updates on this phone probobly for a long time.

Your second option is to sell the phone NOW on ebay. The reason I say now is because once news of the Niagara starts getting out a lot of Storm users are going to want to jump on it and there will be a flood of used Storms for sale everywhere. The closer to the release you get the harder it will be to sell the Storm because your not only dealing with all the other used product on the market you now have to deal with people not buying because they are waiting for the Niagara to drop.

So those are the only 2 choices you really have. If you choose option 2. Do it NOW. The Niagara is going to be hot and it will get a lot of play on the web.

Good luck bro.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-09 03:02 PM
    you must of bought your storm second hand, how else could a leaked os be pre-loaded?

i'm sure you've heard this before but it sounds like you're trying to use the phone on a network it wasn't designed for. in that case you will have to tinker around more than most to get to 'work right'.

for those of us using the phone on vzw, the phone is working pretty well for a lot of people. only thing i'm holding out 'faith' for is that the device continues to get better. at this point i'm very satisfied though.
    The Storm is new. Someone got it for me and i asked them to load .90 on it.

Sorry but your last statement is garbage. The Storm was designed for GSM networks (you know the 9500 and 9530 and the same hardware wise right?)

Wireless Networks

UMTS/HSPA: 2100 MHz
    North America: 850 MHz GSM�/GPRS networks
    North America: 1900MHz GSM/GPRS networks
    Europe/Asia Pacific: 1800MHz GSM/GPRS networks
    Europe/Asia Pacific: 900MHz GSM/GPRS networks
    Dual-Band: 800/1900 MHz CDMA/Ev-DO networks

Straight off Blackberry website. Its not like a jammed the SIM under the battery and now complaining it won't work.
    03-24-09 03:05 PM
    $500 !? i missed that part. questionable decision if researched well, but i understand your expectation that it would get better. in your case it might take some time, but i'm sure someone will figure out a mash up of os builds that will give you something close to what you're looking for. good luck! :\
    03-24-09 03:10 PM
    The Storm is new. Someone got it for me and i asked them to load .90 on it.

Sorry but your last statement is garbage. The Storm was designed for GSM networks (you know the 9500 and 9530 and the same hardware wise right?)

Wireless Networks

UMTS/HSPA: 2100 MHz
    North America: 850 MHz GSM�/GPRS networks
    North America: 1900MHz GSM/GPRS networks
    Europe/Asia Pacific: 1800MHz GSM/GPRS networks
    Europe/Asia Pacific: 900MHz GSM/GPRS networks
    Dual-Band: 800/1900 MHz CDMA/Ev-DO networks

Straight off Blackberry website. Its not like a jammed the SIM under the battery and now complaining it won't work.
    it does work on gsm networks. it may NOT hold EDGE signals on other networks though.
    03-24-09 03:12 PM
    it does work on gsm networks. it may NOT hold EDGE signals on other networks though.
    Na it holds EDGE on .76 flawlessly.

My main concern is RIM may be indeed having a rough time with the Storm. You were around during the 4.5 beta days correct? Remember the beta leak .33 crap, 52 lesser crap, 55 meh, 77 ok, 81 cool, 91, sweet, 1?? great, .110 awesome.

The builds got better not worse. Also look at .76 it may be slow but it has nice effects they took all those out so the Storm could run a hair faster.
    03-24-09 03:21 PM

My main concern is RIM may be indeed having a rough time with the Storm. You were around during the 4.5 beta days correct? Remember the beta leak .33 crap, 52 lesser crap, 55 meh, 77 ok, 81 cool, 91, sweet, 1?? great, .110 awesome.

The builds got better not worse. Also look at .76 it may be slow but it has nice effects they took all those out so the Storm could run a hair faster.

If you are losing faith, then I am getting to be a certified Storm atheist. I know you were one of the more optimistic voices in some of the previous debates. I had been losing faith since .75 and it has really gone downhill since then to the point that I added a Curve to make sure that my critical Business info will always be accessible. I guess I just had really high hopes for what RIM would be able to do with the Storm, now I really think they are just going to get all the obvious bugs fixed and move on to their next smartphone adventure.
    03-24-09 03:29 PM
    If you are losing faith, then I am getting to be a certified Storm atheist. I know you were one of the more optimistic voices in some of the previous debates. I had been losing faith since .75 and it has really gone downhill since then to the point that I added a Curve to make sure that my critical Business info will always be accessible. I guess I just had really high hopes for what RIM would be able to do with the Storm, now I really think they are just going to get all the obvious bugs fixed and move on to their next smartphone adventure.
    This actually made me LOL. Yeah based on past BB knowledge i THOUGHT it would indeed get better by now that was my reason for being optimistic but with .113 leaked last night i really think the Storm won't get much better until 5.0 which is still at least 9-12 months away. (guess)
    03-24-09 03:41 PM

i hear you. the variable here is all of those platforms worked across multiple devices with a few changes. i agree with you that RIM is having a rough time with the storm. no doubt they're hard at work and have made some good progress with solving most of the issues.

i think what most people are expecting though is not what they're focused on, i.e. consumer focused stuff. maybe with a completely new platform they'll meet some people's expectations to go above and beyond what the blackberry platform is currently known for and good at.
    03-24-09 03:47 PM
    Who still holding strong? With each leaked OS i lose it (faith) more and more. Got my Storm with .90 pre-loaded. It froze within 10 minutes of taking it out of the box, then up to .99 it was ok but the screen looked like a cloth that had been washed out with bleach, then came .103 no EDGE data connection, .109 i liked but having to pull the battery every day due to a memory leak and having to wait sometimes up to an hour for a stable data connection got really old fast, then came .114 same data issue but with a keyboard fix it was pretty good but again couldn't deal with it. Now here comes "official" .113 and the data issue is even worse now. At least with .109 and .114 the data would stay connected once it became stable.

.76 is slow but it works and looks great yet still i didn't pay 500+ for a phone with an OS that my buddy's 100 buck Sony Ericsson can run circles around. Usually i tell people don't complain about betas because yes, they will have bugs. However anyone using a BB during the 4.5 beta days can tell you each OS build that was leaked was better than the last. I'm really starting to think RIM can't get it right with the Storm with 4.6 shoe horned into an awesome device. I REALLY like my Storm if it was as fast/reliable as my 8900 i'd give the 8900 away but now i'm so disappointed........
    First off .90 was an absoulte mess as far as leaked OS's go, at least for me. Since it was "pre-laoded" I'm guessing you bought the phone used and the previous owner had installed it. I would hazard to guess he sold the phone because it wasn't working correctly (i.e. defective). I suspect you could have found a decent phone for far less than $500 on your carrier. Most VZW customers paid $100 or $150, about the price of a decent dinner out.

Paying that much for a used phone is on you, the VZW phone is not intended for EDGE use in the US. I suppose if i paid $500 for mine i'd be upset as well, but like i said $150 is like a dinner out, and if the meal wasn't earth moving, i move on.

.113 works well on VZW, i suggest you use a hybrid build if you are using an edge network.
    03-24-09 04:02 PM
    First off .90 was an absoulte mess as far as leaked OS's go, at least for me. Since it was "pre-laoded" I'm guessing you bought the phone used and the previous owner had installed it. I would hazard to guess he sold the phone because it wasn't working correctly (i.e. defective). I suspect you could have found a decent phone for far less than $500 on your carrier. Most VZW customers paid $100 or $150, about the price of a decent dinner out.

Paying that much for a used phone is on you, the VZW phone is not intended for EDGE use in the US. I suppose if i paid $500 for mine i'd be upset as well, but like i said $150 is like a dinner out, and if the meal wasn't earth moving, i move on.

.113 works well on VZW, i suggest you use a hybrid build if you are using an edge network.
    Ok i guess you didn't read the rest of the thread.

The Storm is new. Right out of RIM the day it was bought for me i told my friend to load .90 (i think he was upgrading to .90 at the time) and ship it out.

I'm NOT in the US and have to pay full price for my BBs regardless.
    03-24-09 04:16 PM
    I'm still holding strong-

But at the same time, my Storm is shelved.

I haven't returned it... it's patiently waiting while I use my Bold/Curve
    03-24-09 04:20 PM
    prada - since you're on att have you considered trying the iphone? might scratch your touchscreen itch.
    03-24-09 04:39 PM
    prada - since you're on att have you considered trying the iphone? might scratch your touchscreen itch.
    What blasphemy is this? Surely you jest! Post reported!
    03-24-09 04:41 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD