Does anyone know how to do a factory reset on the Storm? I did a device transfer from my Pearl and I just haven't been able to get everything working. I've got calendars all messed up and duplicates of a bunch of stuff now.

I tried to go in to Options, Security Settings, but I wasn't able to find anything anywhere about wiping the device. Any help would be appreciated.
    12-11-08 10:30 AM
    Does anyone know how to do a factory reset on the Storm? I did a device transfer from my Pearl and I just haven't been able to get everything working. I've got calendars all messed up and duplicates of a bunch of stuff now.

I tried to go in to Options, Security Settings, but I wasn't able to find anything anywhere about wiping the device. Any help would be appreciated.
    Then go to general
    Then menu and wipe handheld.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-11-08 10:33 AM
    Got it. Thank you!!!
    12-11-08 10:41 AM
    Your better off download Crackutil or JL_CMDR and doing a factory reset using that tool.

The general\wipe handheld just wipes all the user data on the blackberry, But it'll still keep the IT Policys/Firewall settings if any are present
    12-11-08 10:48 AM
    I installed leaked version of .75? and had very weird problems and wanted to reset Storm to setup it was in at time of purchase. It turned out to be easy; just install the original CD, cable up and run the desktop manager. It will recognize your version of device as higher and offer a downgrade option to the version on the CD. This took maybe 1/2 hour to complete. It did keep the apps (Viigo, Opera) but I had to re-enter email account/password for blackberry account. After it came back to life, I upgraded to released version .75 and it has worked well since.

HTH, Tom

12-11-08 11:25 AM
    Your better off download Crackutil or JL_CMDR and doing a factory reset using that tool.

The general\wipe handheld just wipes all the user data on the blackberry, But it'll still keep the IT Policys/Firewall settings if any are present
    It may be obivous, but it will NOT restore the OS to the original version the factory put on.
    12-11-08 01:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD