viaBlackBerryNews
    See the face you’re speed-dialing, with FaceCall.

I saw jeff1974w post a thread about this app over in RIM’s own Support Forums, this FREE app allows you to assign your contacts to the application, and pulls in your already assigned contact picture.
    OTA download only for FaceCall, from here ~~~>http://www.bigtincan.com/misc/FaceCall.jad

Update: A few Tips. The first time you start the application allow about 30 seconds for it to read your address book. If you are like me you may not want everyone to be listed on FaceCall. To remove an entry hover over that persons face, press the application button and choose BlackList. This will remove that entry from the list. You can also adjust where an entry appears by pressing on the contact and choosing Alter Weighting. A +15 moves the entry to the top and a + - 15 moves the entry to the bottom. You can play with the weighting to align your contacts perfectly
    Last edited by Vaffanculo403; 02-01-09 at 05:19 AM.
    02-01-09 05:07 AM
    02-01-09 06:05 AM
    I'm getting Déjà vu!!!
    02-01-09 07:51 AM
    sorry man I missed that
    02-01-09 11:27 AM
    Nice app! Simple but it looks good too. I like how it detects your pics and you dont have to manually add them.
    02-01-09 12:25 PM
    What's the deal with this screenshot? This isn't how FaceCall is presented in the actual application.

viaBlackBerryNews
    See the face you’re speed-dialing, with FaceCall.
    02-01-09 01:01 PM
    just downloaded this. very cool thanks!
    02-01-09 01:18 PM
    I think thats from one of the early builds.
    02-01-09 03:58 PM
    What's the deal with this screenshot? This isn't how FaceCall is presented in the actual application.
    That's a mock up before he even started building the app. To give people an idea of what he was gonna try to do.
    02-01-09 04:03 PM
    LOL. When this was in 0.0.30 (and that range....not necessarily that exact number) it looked WAYYYYY different than that screen shot. This app has progressed a TON and is a must have for those who use their berry for personal use.

I have it set to a convenience key and it works great.
    02-01-09 06:40 PM
    LOL. That pic is something I made before this app started into development to help visualize what some of us were looking for is a speed-dial (or text) application. It was never part of what went into the code. That being said... be sure to check out the application... delta_foxtrot2 has put together a great program.
    02-01-09 07:29 PM
    thanks for the explanation. I've had the application for some time. Just hadn't followed it from day 1. Pretty cool to see how things evolve.
    02-02-09 12:03 AM
    This is a great app - thanks! What is the background option about? I turned it on and off and did not notice a difference?
    02-07-09 02:43 PM
    Hi from Germany,
    i ´ve installed FaceCall on my Storm 9500 but it doesn´t show the Phonenumbers from the contacts. Can you help me, pls.
    02-10-09 04:36 AM
    I'm having problems with the weighting. How do I make my last person the second person instead of just moving people from first to last for example?
    02-10-09 03:40 PM
    I can't figure it out either...i just keep adding 5 or 10 to whomever i want to move up and that worked...finally...

my question....well, first of all, it seems like this has really slowed down my phone. For some reason, I now have icons for every single person in my address book. Previously, i only had icons/pictures for the people that had pictures associated with them. Is there a way to get rid of these extraneous icons?
    02-10-09 06:42 PM
    Hi
    phone numbers did not appear as a choice.. only email, i tried different options and i added all my contacts ( 800 ) now i have an error message: uncaught exception:java.lang.outofmemoryerror..... i deleted it and re install it but it still shows me this error mesdsage, can anybody help!!!!
    02-10-09 08:25 PM
    the higher the number the closer it is to the top of the list...
    02-10-09 08:32 PM
    can we kill this thread?
    no need for two.
    02-10-09 10:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD