So, I get a text from them stating that I can get a free Storm. Doesnt say anything about any lines being eligible for an upgrade, just basically come and get it. So, I call, the first guy says yup, free. So I wanted to verify that my wife wanted one, called back that evening, uh, no, not free, $500!! WTF is the problem with them? So, needless to say, my wife is still sporting an ENV, and hating VZW.
    04-02-09 08:25 AM
    So, I get a text from them stating that I can get a free Storm. Doesnt say anything about any lines being eligible for an upgrade, just basically come and get it. So, I call, the first guy says yup, free. So I wanted to verify that my wife wanted one, called back that evening, uh, no, not free, $500!! WTF is the problem with them? So, needless to say, my wife is still sporting an ENV, and hating VZW.
    You sure it was actually VZW? Sounds more like a spam/scam to me
    04-02-09 08:26 AM
    It's real. The person or line that is receiving the phone has to be eligible for an upgrade.
    04-02-09 08:30 AM
    standard verizon..... what do you expect? service?
    04-02-09 04:49 PM
    Verizon Wireless has the best customer service out of any other mobile network. Go for it, move to AT&T or T mobile and see how they treat you. Not only do we have the best customer service we are also the largest network in the world.... even in America by itself, Cingulair and AT&T combined and still could only out number us by less than a couple of million... lOl WTF ever
    04-02-09 08:11 PM
    Yeah I went with one of my friends to get her a new Tmobile phone yesterday. She has had 2 tmobile phones that broke. Long story short, we did not get her a new phone and he didn't even try to help. From my experience Verizon will discount about anything to get a sale and TRY to make you happy.
    04-02-09 09:58 PM
    Verizon is number 1, That is a fact, not an opinion.
    04-02-09 10:05 PM
    Verizon is number 1, That is a fact, not an opinion.
    Only by network coverage.
    04-02-09 10:13 PM
    Nothing in life is free.
    You get what you pay for.

In eight years Verizon has never held a gun to my head to get me to sign a contract. I have always been quite satisfied, but, If I wasn't happy with their service then I only have myself to blame.
    04-02-09 10:19 PM
    cry more please. you know the deal. they offer you a big subsidy on a given phone in exchange for a contract. how big a subsidy? as good as the retail value of some phones even.

i'm sorry if you don't understand how the wireless provider industry works. i guess you also didnt understand the 'free PC' offer in exchange for 3 year commitment with compuserve or AOL. ($400 off your PC if you spend $780 over 3 years for dial-up internet service)
    04-02-09 10:37 PM
    I bet there is fine print that went along with those big letters. That probably said something along the lines of for new lines of service only. In which case that technically doesn't apply to lines that are eligible for upgrade. But they will do it anyway to make the customer happy.
    04-02-09 10:59 PM
    Verizon Wireless has the best customer service out of any other mobile network. Go for it, move to AT&T or T mobile and see how they treat you. Not only do we have the best customer service we are also the largest network in the world.... even in America by itself, Cingulair and AT&T combined and still could only out number us by less than a couple of million... lOl WTF ever
    Verizon's customer service is amazing. I have friends that work for other providers and even they tell me stories about how f'ed up corporate is. Friends that have other providers also tell me of some things that i seriously ask if they are making it up or it really happened because i thought the way verizon did things was the standard ( as it should be ). You sir, are a troll.
    04-03-09 01:46 AM
    the 500 fee is for a security deposite which is refunded back to you after 6 months.
    04-03-09 03:18 AM
    I wasnt saying the customer service was bad, or Verizon as a whole......what I was ******** about is the fact that they sent a free phone message to someone who is not eligable. Why?? I read the whole note a few times and there was nothing about new line or contracts. It said 'as a valued VIP customer' or something to that effect. AND, the first time I called to ask about it, the rep applied the phone to the account and he said it came up as a free phone. Its when I called back later that day, talked to a not-so-nice female rep, is when I started loading clips.

VZW does have great CS, I will agree. But dont say A and do B.

This is the rants forum, if youre going to bust on a rant, dont read them! If you agree with the rant, say so or share your story. >:|

Edit: And no, they didnt do whatever it took to make me happy. I asked what we could to got the phone, and she said, "Well sir, you can do like I said a second ago and pay retail price, then, you would get the phone." Thats not service, thats a person who needs a blanket party!
    Last edited by Carbon Coupe; 04-03-09 at 06:05 AM.
    04-03-09 06:01 AM
    I wasnt saying the customer service was bad, or Verizon as a whole......what I was ******** about is the fact that they sent a free phone message to someone who is not eligable. Why?? I read the whole note a few times and there was nothing about new line or contracts. It said 'as a valued VIP customer' or something to that effect. AND, the first time I called to ask about it, the rep applied the phone to the account and he said it came up as a free phone. Its when I called back later that day, talked to a not-so-nice female rep, is when I started loading clips.

VZW does have great CS, I will agree. But dont say A and do B.

This is the rants forum, if youre going to bust on a rant, dont read them! If you agree with the rant, say so or share your story. >:|

Edit: And no, they didnt do whatever it took to make me happy. I asked what we could to got the phone, and she said, "Well sir, you can do like I said a second ago and pay retail price, then, you would get the phone." Thats not service, thats a person who needs a blanket party!
    So your saying If I agree with you say so, and if I don't then I should go else where? lOl Ok so, is it possible you were a target of some sort of Spam or hack, could that Text message been a spoof?

Even if it was real, they have a buy one get one free deal on BB's all the time. How many companies do you know that use that marketing strategy, tell you the good and not the catch. I'm Just saying Verizon Wireless is the best Mobile Carrier out there so I felt I should defend them as your Post title was F Verizon. If there is anything else you would like to know about Verizon and what they Will do for you (Besides give you free stuff to make you happy) let me know I will be more than happy to discuss.
    04-03-09 08:37 AM
    I've honestly have never heard of Verizon Wireless texting customers with phone deals. There isn't anywhere for fine print on a text message. Changes to the account, bill payments, password changes, billing info yeah. But not sales. They would rather mail you a post card with deals. I bet it was an outside company or 3rd party reseller.
    04-03-09 09:01 AM
    I've honestly have never heard of Verizon Wireless texting customers with phone deals. There isn't anywhere for fine print on a text message. Changes to the account, bill payments, password changes, billing info yeah. But not sales. They would rather mail you a post card with deals. I bet it was an outside company or 3rd party reseller.
    I went paperless (no paper bills) and if there is a deal they still mail me a postcard. I have never received a text about any kind of deals.
    04-03-09 09:16 AM
    I received a text regarding the b1g1 free offer, but it clearly said on there that I would have to use my free upgrade or add a line.
    04-03-09 09:23 AM
    Verizon has texted me. Not often, but more than once. Including a text about the free Storm. Which my wife now has - for free. Well except for the added data charge, which was not a surprise.

So what are we betting?
    04-03-09 09:37 AM
    Sorry to hear what happened. My suggestion to you is keep calling CS and explaining
    Your dissatisfaction until you get a rep that's sympathetic to your situation. Whether
    You feel you should have to do all of that or not shouldn't out way the fact that if CS
    Wants to help you they can.

I'm with vzw also, I think their CS is unsurpassed. With that said, they like all companies
    Have a$$ holes working for them unfortunately. And they have some that will just go
    By the books. In any case, be stern but do not have an attitude, that's the key.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-03-09 10:11 AM
    Oh man. People on here really are challenged.

Ok, usually, when one writes a rant, they are really pissed at that moment. Then, one calms down, but, the basic gist of the message still stands.

Im not telling anyone to leave Verizon, I think you would be dumb to do so. the note that V sent to me was verified as being sent from them by the 3 CS's I talked to, as well, they also admitted it did not contain any verbiage regarding upgrade eligibility. It did, however, say that a 2 year agreement was necessary. I took that to mean they would tack another 2 on my current deal. They said no, it meant a new 2 years; meaning new line or upgrade. I told them they shouldnt misrepresent the deal. They agreed and apologized.

Now, I was pissed, WAS, now its all a wash anyway, doesnt matter. Its just a phone. And this was realised about 47 seconds after writing the rant. I laughed about it. I didnt think I would have people flaming me.

The expectation of receiving a free Storm through the kindness of the carriers PR dept. would put almost any techy into a frenzy. Then I made the mistake of getting my wife all excited about it. My fault, too much caffine and a bad day at work = offsides rant.

Its over......
    04-03-09 01:46 PM
    **** Verizon and their service they don't have service in my home town of Del Rio, TX that i frequent a lot
    04-03-09 01:56 PM
    Oh man. People on here really are challenged.

Ok, usually, when one writes a rant, they are really pissed at that moment. Then, one calms down, but, the basic gist of the message still stands.

Im not telling anyone to leave Verizon, I think you would be dumb to do so. the note that V sent to me was verified as being sent from them by the 3 CS's I talked to, as well, they also admitted it did not contain any verbiage regarding upgrade eligibility. It did, however, say that a 2 year agreement was necessary. I took that to mean they would tack another 2 on my current deal. They said no, it meant a new 2 years; meaning new line or upgrade. I told them they shouldnt misrepresent the deal. They agreed and apologized.

Now, I was pissed, WAS, now its all a wash anyway, doesnt matter. Its just a phone. And this was realised about 47 seconds after writing the rant. I laughed about it. I didnt think I would have people flaming me.

The expectation of receiving a free Storm through the kindness of the carriers Page Ranking dept. would put almost any techy into a frenzy. Then I made the mistake of getting my wife all excited about it. My fault, too much caffine and a bad day at work = offsides rant.

Its over......
    I didn't mean to 'flame' you, I just like Verizon and will stand up for them on any occasion, here is a hint for you. If you want a storm for the promo price, keep going to different verizon stores (don't call CS) and tell them you want to purchase the storm for the promo price and renew your contract. you will come across a couple jerks but will find a cool one and he will do it... come up with a story or something like the last place said I could but didn't have any storms in stock... Verizon CS is allowed to do what they want to make the customer happy.. Keep trying and you shall have a happy storm owning wife.
    04-03-09 02:01 PM
    To the OP I think you have a legitimate complaint if the text did not mention you have to be eligible for an upgrade. I would ***** until they give you a free storm.

Now having said that, most of us here know that in order to qualify you have to be eligible for an upgrade.
    Last edited by timeconsumer; 04-03-09 at 02:12 PM.
    04-03-09 02:05 PM
    /thread

10chars
    04-03-09 02:25 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD