When composing an email from my message view, I can only access personal contacts and NO business contacts. Any ideas?

I use for both personal and biz use, so I have to access both all the time and typing out the biz contacts really stinks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-09 02:00 PM
    Check the filter setting from the contacts app. It might restrict the list of contacts.
    02-26-09 02:05 PM
    I have nothing checked off in the filter under contacts and all my contacts show up. Only happens when composing in message folder.

02-26-09 02:15 PM
    are you using BES with exchange by chance? if not I would recommend it. the BES will push out all your outlook contacts to your BB and thus alleviate that issue...
    02-26-09 02:16 PM
    Not sure what bes is, but I am using pop email for everything and syncing with outlook.

02-26-09 02:23 PM
    My first question is how are you differentiating personal vs. business contacts on the storm?
    02-26-09 02:42 PM
    My first question is how are you differentiating personal vs. business contacts on the storm?
    Ditto on that!
    02-26-09 02:44 PM
    Well, I use outlook and within the contact, I select the categories button on the lower right and then select from various selections... I.e. Personal, business, restaurants..etc. Then I sync with the storm.

02-26-09 02:56 PM
    Well, I use outlook and within the contact, I select the categories button on the lower right and then select from various selections... I.e. Personal, business, restaurants..etc. Then I sync with the storm.

Go into your contacts and while in there hit the BB button and go to the filter and make sure you don't have any of the categories selected. If you do that would be the only category that will show up.
    Last edited by joshhendry; 02-26-09 at 03:42 PM.
    02-26-09 03:39 PM
    Anyone know the cost of BES? from what I recall its expensive and might be out or reach here.
    02-26-09 03:44 PM
    Nothing selected in contacts....

02-26-09 04:52 PM
    Anyone know the cost of BES? from what I recall its expensive and might be out or reach here.
    BPS (BB Professional Software) is the lite version of BES. You can download the software for free on the BB website along with 1 free user license. After that, it's $99 a user. You have to upgrade to full-blown BES when you hit the 30 user mark.

I think BES is about 3 Grand plus user licenses.
    Last edited by CountCrackula; 02-26-09 at 05:06 PM.
    02-26-09 05:03 PM
    Nothing selected in contacts....

When you are in the message folder and are going to compose a new message and you select email are you sure the contact you are looking for actually has an email address in the contact info on the phone? They won't show up when trying to create an email if they do not.
    02-26-09 05:07 PM
    When you are in the message folder and are going to compose a new message and you select email are you sure the contact you are looking for actually has an email address in the contact info on the phone? They won't show up when trying to create an email if they do not.
    Yes, they have email addresses. Only the personal ones show up when in messages folder. When I go directly to contacts, they all show up. I don't want to have to leave the messages folder and go into contacts directly to create a new email to a biz contact.

02-26-09 05:22 PM
    Ok...
    So I pulled the battery and viola.... Now they are showing up!

02-26-09 06:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD