It's probably been posted already, but I could not find it.

Use one of the Quick Launch buttons to activate your Virtual Keyboard. When in the phone, it opens your phone keypad, and all works as normal

MNG

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-17-09 06:51 AM
    Are the quick launch buttons on the side of the phone?
    03-17-09 07:22 AM
    Yes.

10 chars
    03-17-09 07:25 AM
    This is (of course) not a fix, but just a workaround.

The SIMPLE way to FIX the issue is to use the virtual keyboard from a build that is not broken.
    03-17-09 07:44 AM
    This is (of course) not a fix, but just a workaround.

The SIMPLE way to FIX the issue is to use the virtual keyboard from a build that is not broken.
    +1

03-17-09 07:46 AM
    This workaround might seem easy, but requires a 3rd party application that costs $. There may be a trial for Quick Launch though, don't remember that much.

03-17-09 08:24 AM
    This doesn't seem to work on my phone.
    03-17-09 08:27 AM
    This workaround might seem easy, but requires a 3rd party application that costs $. There may be a trial for Quick Launch though, don't remember that much.

I think the OP meant set one of your convenience keys (not Quick Launch buttons) to show/hide the virtual keyboard.

Options --> Screen/Keyboard
    03-17-09 08:36 AM
    or u also can swipe ur finger up form the bottom of the screen which should bring the keyboard. swiping down towards the bottom hides
    03-17-09 08:40 AM
    or u also can swipe ur finger up form the bottom of the screen which should bring the keyboard. swiping down towards the bottom hides
    yeah but theres a problem in OS .114 on the 9530 where the keyboard does not come up during a call (unless you use this workaround or the fix)
    03-17-09 08:42 AM
    yeah but theres a problem in OS .114 on the 9530 where the keyboard does not come up during a call (unless you use this workaround or the fix)
    Well the keyboard does come up. You can't switch it to or use the number pad in phone mode after dialing.

03-17-09 08:58 AM
    Sorryt - I did mean Convenience Buttons. I have one set to Quick Launch, which is an awesome app. Using the Convenience Button brings up the phone keypad when accessing the virtual keyboard. It is an easy workaround.

03-17-09 09:20 AM
    gerber is that done with a 3rd party ap or in settings? i ask because if i go into settings and choose virtual keyboard for the right conv key for example it gives me the alpha pad.

oops may have been typical newbie posting before researching. i placed a call and hit the conv key and got the numerical keyboard. i assume this works on 114 as well. im on 109 now. thanks. sorry for cluttering up the thread
    Last edited by mpeppers; 03-17-09 at 10:00 AM.
    03-17-09 09:45 AM
    I think the OP meant set one of your convenience keys (not Quick Launch buttons) to show/hide the virtual keyboard.

Options --> Screen/Keyboard
    OHHH! i'm sorry MNGerber, lol i see =)
    thanks a bunch!! =)
    03-17-09 10:12 AM
    I'm very new to this. I didn't have a problem going to .109 but I had to use my work's computer. Could I save all of the files for .114 on a SanDisk & update my Storm using the SanDisk rather then uploading it all, then deleting it all when I'm done?
    03-17-09 10:55 AM
    OK,
    I am having a small problem with the workaround.
    Options-> ScreenKeyboard->Right Side Convenience Key (or Left)-> Click on whatever is currently there-> THEN what? (what do I choose?)
    I see no option for keypad..
    03-19-09 05:34 PM
    No crap why don't you go the beta os forum and try a real fix......the one titled keyboard fix the right way
    03-19-09 06:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD