Maybe this is a beta OS issue? I installed the appleberry theme, and I LOVE it. However, it starts to run worse and worse as time goes on. I ran it for about 4 hours yesterday, and it was to the point that in between every action I did, I would get the hourglass, even if only for a split second. I did a few soft resets, and I run about 5 apps in the background. Is this just normal with themes?
    Last edited by ls1norcal; 02-26-09 at 12:55 PM.
    02-26-09 12:52 PM
    no , thats not normal . i ahve the apple berry also . mine works fine . i would uninstall and reinstall
    02-26-09 12:56 PM
    Not sure, however I see a lot of bad things happening ie: slow down's when adding "themes" would be interested in knowing what to do b4 I find a good app
    02-26-09 12:57 PM
    Not sure, however I see a lot of bad things happening ie: slow down's when adding "themes" would be interested in knowing what to do b4 I find a good app
    I'm trying so hard to understand this post.
    02-26-09 01:01 PM
    Be sure that there aren't apps running in the background as this eats memory. Also, this theme is made on beta software so keep that in mind too. Have you upgraded your OS? This may reduce some lag. I'm using appleberry also and try to clean my memory a couple of times during the day

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-09 01:12 PM
    I have found that it is hit and miss with certain themes as far as slow down issues. I have deleted 3 themes because of this. I am in the process of beta testing a few to see if we can pinpoint the slow down cause. But that said others with the same theme don't have any problems! Try the delete and re install option as well as making sure you are closing out of apps correctly. A beta os might help as well? Good luck!
    02-26-09 02:41 PM
    It is normal. Happens to me too and everyone else I know.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-09 03:26 PM
    themes created with Plazmic beta ALL have memory leaks. If your memory gets low, it will lag
    02-26-09 03:31 PM
    Maybe this is a beta OS issue? I installed the appleberry theme, and I LOVE it. However, it starts to run worse and worse as time goes on. I ran it for about 4 hours yesterday, and it was to the point that in between every action I did, I would get the hourglass, even if only for a split second. I did a few soft resets, and I run about 5 apps in the background. Is this just normal with themes?
    I never had this issue with AppleBerry, but im currently using Android X and I get this every now and then (pending on what application im using...usually with Slacker). Might want to re-install the theme and see if that helps.
    02-26-09 03:34 PM
    I have noticed this to varying degrees. My hope is that its a symptom of themes made with a beta version of Plazmik, and will (hopefuly) get better as themes are re-compiled with better versions that come along. Just a guess as I know the last 2 versions have been buggy.
    02-26-09 03:56 PM
    as was said - known problem because of beta version of plazmic. also, make sure you don't have a lot of crap open. more than that, your best bet is to have 1 or 2 themes installed.... not 10. EVEN IF YOU DONT USE THEM ALL.

If you have a bunch of themes on the phone, delete them. What I did was get the alx/cod files from the theme post so I can use DM to install them later if wanted.
    02-26-09 03:59 PM
    themes created with Plazmic beta ALL have memory leaks. If your memory gets low, it will lag
    Not true, some complicated themes created on Plazmic 4.7 have given me problems. The simple today theme I created runs just as good as the stock precision theme that came with the phone. I agree that the problem lies in using a beta theme compiler and then running the theme on a beta OS, your gonna have some problems. That is why I kept my theme as stock as possible and just added the today features I needed, calendar and messages.
    02-26-09 04:59 PM
    Appleberry is well known to cause slowdowns.

I just use my own themes. They may not have all the pretty animations, but they are fast and have a today section. (Search my username if you wish.)
    02-26-09 05:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD