There are some mobile launchers in a back up file from my days of using a BB 8320. The launchers are no longer available from the respective web sites, for whatever reason. The mobile sites are still running, just the launchers are no longer offered. I have looked at various master list of mobile launchers and what I seek is not there either.

So is there a way to extract these applications/modules out of my old back up files?
    04-27-10 03:59 PM
    Mobile launcher, or anyother apps, are NOT stored in any backup files. (BB Switch would have backed up all the apps cod files for you to migrate into a directory - but, I am guessing those are long gone).

You'd have more luck if you just stated which Mobile Launchers you are looking for; as then others maybe able to help...
    Last edited by PDM; 04-27-10 at 04:27 PM.
    04-27-10 04:25 PM
    What launchers do you need. Perhaps I know where to find them. If you give me a list, I'll see what I can do for you.
    04-27-10 04:31 PM
    Thanks for the replies. An old dog like me learns something new everyday. I thought when you performed a back up ALL content (except email) was backed up.

Anyway I was looking for three

Chicago Sun Times
    Red Eye Chicago
    Metromix Chicago

Thanks Again
    04-27-10 04:46 PM
    If you are interested, there is an app now called launchpad that let's you create launchers for any site you want. It works very good. Its in the CB app store as well as App World.

A back up from BB DM only backs up data. Not the apps themselves. If you use something like BBSAK then you can back up the entire COD file for the app to reinstall at a later time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-27-10 07:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD