Hey has anyone on these forums at all bought the extended battery that's made for the storm it's by Seido. I was possilby thinking about it for my phone but it makes the phone look too big on the back if you ask me. Just wondering. Thanks. although it's supposed to give you double the amount of battery which does sound nice though.
    02-22-09 07:17 PM
    there's a couple of posts floating around here. Most people seem pretty pleased with it. I believe there was one post where someone had it go 3.5 days without having to charge it. I absolutely destroy my battery every day ( I carry two at all times).

Supposedly it's only 2-3 mm thicker on the new battery door.
    02-22-09 07:27 PM
    there's a couple of posts floating around here. Most people seem pretty pleased with it. I believe there was one post where someone had it go 3.5 days without having to charge it. I absolutely destroy my battery every day ( I carry two at all times).

Supposedly it's only 2-3 mm thicker on the new battery door.
    haha yeah i completely and totally agree with you. I absolutely slaughter/destroy my battery with my phone. it's true. I'm addicted to my blackberry/crackberry. lol i charge it up at least once a day if not many more times a day and that's just with the charger at home not eve the car charger for navigator. lol it's onl 2-3 mm thicker really? you think it's worth the $60 buckes from crackberry though? does it really mess up the whole nice and sleek design form factor of the Storm now though?
    02-22-09 08:09 PM
    Hey has anyone on these forums at all bought the extended battery that's made for the storm it's by Seido. I was possilby thinking about it for my phone but it makes the phone look too big on the back if you ask me. Just wondering. Thanks. although it's supposed to give you double the amount of battery which does sound nice though.
    Ive had my extended battery for about 2 weeks now, well a little under 2 weeks... At first the battery life was just OK and now thats its been under a few charge cycles the battery life is amazing, I can go 3 days w/o having to charge the battery now. Im going on 48 hrs of not charging it and im at 45% battery life This battery is expensive, and lets dust in the back cover easier, but totally worth the money and the size of it. The cover fits snug and is OEM. It also makes it easier to hold onto while using IMO. If I had to do it all over again I would. Although one downside is not being able to have a protector on the phone anymore... Which isnt really a problem cause I never had one, but just wanted to point that out
    02-22-09 10:10 PM
    Yea, I'm getting more and more tempted to buy it. All the reviews, like FNETHAN's right now, say it's a dramatic increase in battery capability
    02-22-09 10:15 PM
    I have the Seidio 2600 battery and love it. I get about 3 days out of it. Lots of calls and texting too and it keeps on going. Love it.
    02-22-09 10:20 PM
    it keeps on going eh? 3 days out of it? Now, how much are you actually doing on the phone with the battery now though? heavy internet, music, videos, pictures?Etc? i barely get a day out of mine and i've also heard from people on this forum now that this dramatically increases battery power for the phone but what do you mean that it's easier for dust to get underneath the cover of the phone because that's not good! Also, for the big battery, is the back door cover rubberized or is it the oem hard metal cover that the storm is known for? Thank you.
    02-22-09 10:37 PM
    I got it and I LOVE mine lol u need it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-23-09 12:17 AM
    it keeps on going eh? 3 days out of it? Now, how much are you actually doing on the phone with the battery now though? heavy internet, music, videos, pictures?Etc? i barely get a day out of mine and i've also heard from people on this forum now that this dramatically increases battery power for the phone but what do you mean that it's easier for dust to get underneath the cover of the phone because that's not good! Also, for the big battery, is the back door cover rubberized or is it the oem hard metal cover that the storm is known for? Thank you.

Probably should have mentioned how much I actually use my BB I dont use it all day everyday like most of you BB users, but I do use it enough to go through the ORIGINAL battery in one day. This last charge lasted me 4 days but it was also with not TOO much internet use. I did use alot of Slacker Radio, and did email and some web surfing and watched some videos. Lots of texting. Id say with HEAVY use this battery will last 2 days easy. The battery door is NOT metal, it is a hard plastic case, its black but doesnt really match the Storm.... and it does let in dust. So I have to take the cover off every few days and do a lil clean up. Small price to pay for such a monster battery life.
    02-23-09 07:49 PM
    Well worth it! I've had it for just under 2 weeks and i'm consistently getting 3 to 3.5 days out of a charge with it being around 15 to 20%. It is a little thicker but not that bad at all.
    Take the plunge.. It's only money
    02-23-09 10:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD