First off to bring up event log; the way I do it is this;
    while on home screen I go in to portrait mode.
    then press the BB key to bring up the keyboard.
    hold down the num lock
    then enter
    "/"/
    This will bring up event log.
    if you notice your device is logging
    everything that it does.
    What I did is after I brought up event
    log I went into options.
    When u do that it will show
    Min Log Level
    Below that you will see filter settings.
    allowing you to check events that are being
    logged.
    What I did was uncheck everything that is being logged.
    What I have been noticing is this much less lag time
    going from portrait to landscape.
    It does seem logical that this will increase speed; because
    your processor doesen't have to log everything; one less thing for it to do.
    Logical makes sense.......................
    BTW running .75
    If any of u try it would love to hear your comments.
    Last edited by TrendyProfessional1; 01-14-09 at 12:12 PM.
    01-14-09 11:59 AM
    Mine has been set to not log anything for quite some time. The event log is simply a diagnostic tool that can be completely removed from the OS if that is what you wish. The best bet is to make it not log anything...
    01-14-09 12:14 PM
    It just dawned on me to give a whirl
    01-14-09 12:33 PM
    I selected the "Hide all types" option to deselect every item and then Save. However, does that really stop the logging or just hide the display of the logged entries?
    01-14-09 12:35 PM
    For the LAST time... This does NOT turn off logging! It simply FILTERS the view... get it?!?!? It's so when you have hundreds of log entries but only want to SEE certain ones, you FILTER the view. You can NOT disable logging.
    01-14-09 12:36 PM
    For the LAST time... This does NOT turn off logging! It simply FILTERS the view... get it?!?!? It's so when you have hundreds of log entries but only want to SEE certain ones, you FILTER the view. You can NOT disable logging.
    You are probably correct; and I will not debate the point seeing your BB history. But if it is not making note of everthing being logged it should free up some resources. Wouldn't u move a bit faster is u were able to make mental note instead of writing everything down. Every little but my help my friend.
    01-14-09 12:46 PM
    You are probably correct; and I will not debate the point seeing your BB history. But if it is not making note of everthing being logged it should free up some resources. Wouldn't u move a bit faster is u were able to make mental note instead of writing everything down. Every little but my help my friend.
    I could be wrong, but I think the point is that whether or not you choose to see the logs, they are being created anyway with no option to stop it.
    01-14-09 12:52 PM
    I have no idea what that means. If you are suggesting that if there WERE a way to disable logging that it might improve performance, that could very well be true. But again, there is no way to disable logging currently. If you'd like an experiment, clear your logs, then hide them all from view (what you thought was disabling), wait a few minutes, then go unhide, and guess what? You'll see tons of log entries.
    01-14-09 12:54 PM
    So it may not help at all point taken thanks....
    Just a thought to see if there would be any improvement
    01-14-09 12:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD