RANT START (this part is unimportant, you can skip to the next paragraph if you're not in the mood to read)

I know there are several methods to fix the clicking issues. Paper behind the battery, adjusting the screws with a T6 screwdriver, applying 2-3 pieces of electric tape onto the battery cover, and the most recent, http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/ult...ck-fix-139129/ ... All of which do their part in helping in some way, whether it be temporary or slightly less temporary. However, I've noticed without using any of these "fixes," my click feels much less cheap. The only problem is the top and bottoms (the "a" and "p" buttons on the landscape keyboard) are a little hard. Applying a "fix" makes the screen click more uniformly, but at the same time it makes it feels looser and lesser in quality.

RAND END

So the question I'm getting at here, and I know this has been mentioned briefly in some of the other threads, but I think a stand-alone thread for this might let more people voice their opinions (if there are actually opinions to be heard on this) - what are the odds of RIM releasing a fix so that if someone brings their phone to the their respective carriers, all they will have to do is bust out their click-fix set, take the phone apart (professionally), and apply something a little more sturdy than electric tape to the button... or work whatever other magic they might be able to come up with... and give us the ultimate clicking sensation that we all know this phone can be capable of.

Also, they can fix my loose END button while they're at it!

Also, are there any themes out yet?
    (ok, that one was a joke).
    01-20-09 08:56 PM
    For some reason, I just dont see this happening. It would be extremely nice though as a lot of people are having issues with this. I used the felt pad fix and it works like a charm. The dag storm shouldve felt like this. I go to Verizon today and click there display storm prefabably at the bottem and it clicked COMPLETELY even. This is the first one that I seen like this and it just upsets me. All the freakin phones should come like this one already man. We have to rant straight to RIM about this and see if we can make some noise to them. Good theroy though!
    01-20-09 09:07 PM
    If this is a rant, and you say it is, then why not post it in the Storms' Rant & Raves sub-forum??
    01-20-09 09:10 PM
    The fixes may all be in your head.

If it doesn't click right you should get it exchanged. There will most likely not be any in store fixes. More likely there will be a technical bulletin advising stores what is acceptable and what isn't. What isn't acceptable will be covered by the warranty, IMO.
    01-20-09 09:17 PM
    If this is a rant, and you say it is, then why not post it in the Storms' Rant & Raves sub-forum??
    I considered doing that, but only the top part of it is a rant. The second part is a question regarding the clicking, so I posted it where all of the other click questions/idea/fixes are. But whatever works for you guys.

As for the replacement idea, I'm already on my third Storm. It isn't worth it to me anymore to trade it in. I was simply bringing up the idea for some discussion.
    Last edited by RobUM2011; 01-20-09 at 09:49 PM.
    01-20-09 09:28 PM
    I doubt it. I say that partly because not everyone is having issues with the click, and many that were having issues exchanged the unit (as I did...first phone didn't click well on the bottom half of the screen, business card fixed it but I wasn't happy to walk around with a piece of cardboard in my phone).

If you still can, you should swap out your storm for one with a proper click screen instead of hoping RIM comes out with a fix. The difference between a screen that clicks properly and one that doesn't can make or break this phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-20-09 09:49 PM
    I think highly unlikely. RIM would have less liability replacing the phone completely than letting VZ techs tear into them.

No offense to people who work for VZ but be honest: there are techs and there are Techs.
    01-21-09 12:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD