Do you guys think there will be any sort of exchange program? Even like getting X amount of money off for upgrading to the new model?

Also, I bought my storm back in early May, so if Storm 2 comes out in early June (which I don't think will happen, but let's roll with it right now), could I use the 30 day return policy and then get a Storm 2? Thanks for the feedback guys!
    05-21-09 01:41 PM
    It would be great if there was an exchange program, but there probably won't be
    05-21-09 01:46 PM
    doubtful but maybe verizon will feel extra nice when the 2 comes out and give us some sort of a deal...and theoretically yeah you could do the 30 day exchange as its supposed to be any phone
    05-21-09 01:49 PM
    If S2 doesn't have surepress (or something to replace it) they can keep it.
    05-21-09 02:05 PM
    It's a question of how badly they want to extend your contract. If I were VZW, I would give it to Storm users for a 1 year re-up and call it good business.
    05-21-09 02:14 PM

I know that's right!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-09 02:27 PM
    Not suggesting anything unethical.

Just wondering if 6 months from now a Storm 1 owner has to file a warranty or insurance claim will they get storm 2? Assuming that they quit producing the original.
    05-21-09 03:02 PM
    Not suggesting anything unethical.

Just wondering if 6 months from now a Storm 1 owner has to file a warranty or insurance claim will they get storm 2? Assuming that they quit producing the original.
    Highly unlikely... there will still be plenty of refurbs for them to give you. :]
    05-21-09 03:33 PM
    I will be using an exchange program...

I can hear the trolls and self righteous clowns now... "You believe you're entitled to this and that... blah blah blah".

.... the exchange... any other carrier instead of VZW. I'm not staying with a company that hung it's customers out to dry.
    05-21-09 03:39 PM
    I won't get it unless it has surepress, and it sounds like it does not.

I'll stick with the original.

05-21-09 03:43 PM
    I think it's best to assume there won't be and then if there is you can be pleasantly surprised.

And I probably won't be jumping to the new one even if they do. I think it looks HOT, but I have too much money into accessories for the current one (over $200!) and I probably won't change phones again until LTE. Also, I'm waiting to see how the display operates because I'm one of those who is quite fond of the SurePress.
    05-21-09 04:20 PM
    Ditto...prolly gonna end u with the Tour or whatever happens to be the latest and greatest CDMA Berry next summer. Due for a upgrade in January, but I love my 9530 so i'll prolly enjoy it for another few months and see what unfolds next summer.
    05-21-09 05:21 PM
    If you want an exchange program, ask for one. Demand one.

Sure, no one is truly entitled, but it makes sense for them to try to appease a mass of disgruntled Storm 1 owners than see them grow upset and leave VZW altogether to defect to AT&T for an iPhone or Sprint for the Palm Pre. So let them know of your wishes and concerns and perhaps they will take heed and listen should the shouts be loud and numerous:

Email VZW here
    05-21-09 09:58 PM
    If you want an exchange program, ask for one. Demand one.

Sure, no one is truly entitled, but it makes sense for them to try to appease a mass of disgruntled Storm 1 owners than see them grow upset and leave VZW altogether to defect to AT&T for an iPhone or Sprint for the Palm Pre. So let them know of your wishes and concerns and perhaps they will take heed and listen should the shouts be loud and numerous:

Email VZW here
    sorry, but this is not happening. RIM is not giving away free or cheap Storm 2's to disgruntled Storm owners in this economy. I dont care how much ppl feel like they deserve it. No way, no how, uh huh.

Anyone who wants this, prepare to be disappointed.
    05-22-09 12:15 AM
    i agree, i flippin' LOVE the click, i dont want something that feels like the iphone, i already had one and kept accidently pressing buttons and it got really annoying.
    05-22-09 02:11 PM
    sorry, but this is not happening. RIM is not giving away free or cheap Storm 2's to disgruntled Storm owners in this economy. I dont care how much ppl feel like they deserve it. No way, no how, uh huh.

Anyone who wants this, prepare to be disappointed.

he didnt say anything about RIM giving away free(that wouldnt be up to RIM to decide), he asked if Verizon would. Verizon could afford to issue us all new ones in an exchange or whatever, its a customer service choice, which i'm going to assume they wont though, but for business, it would be a smart move for Verizon to do that, or something similar tow hat ATT did for their iphone buyers when they gave them credit atleast.
    05-22-09 02:13 PM
    I will be using an exchange program...

I can hear the trolls and self righteous clowns now... "You believe you're entitled to this and that... blah blah blah".

.... the exchange... any other carrier instead of VZW. I'm not staying with a company that hung it's customers out to dry.
    i would LOVE to go to their customer service office and cause a real rukus, their customer service is a joke

infact they just straight up STOPPED helping me via email with problems on my storm, they stopped replying to me...WTF is that!?

i would love to throw a shoe at one of the customer service reps that has "helped" me
    05-22-09 02:16 PM
    I cant stand the gimmicky "click" and glad Storm 2 wont have it. It wont feel as cheap thats for sure. If Surepress was such a success and everyone loved it, it wouldnt be going bye-bye now would it?

As for getting a discount on a replacement, it WILL happen. Its not such a far fetched idea for Verizon to give discounts to disgruntled Storm 1 users. You just have to display enough dissatisfaction and maybe speak to a manager. Even if they wouldnt, you could buy the Storm 2 at full retail price and trade Storm 1 under RIMs upgrade program and get some $ to offset the cost. If youre a VIP then you can upgrade every year at the discounted price, with a new two year agreement. Thats what im going to do.
    Last edited by cenloe; 05-22-09 at 03:11 PM.
    05-22-09 02:20 PM
    RIM offers a "trade up" program on their website through the owner's lounge. check it out. don't expect anything from VZW...
    05-22-09 03:06 PM
    I know that's right!

It would tick me off if they got rid of surepress after all these upgrades to make it nice and then just blow it off on the next model. I type so fast with this thing!
    05-22-09 03:17 PM
    I pulled off 49wpm using that .99 cents app fast type. :-)

Last edited by Jodiuh; 05-23-09 at 03:41 AM.
    05-23-09 03:33 AM
    Yeah, it would be nice but I really don't think they will. I am sure the 30 day window they have for new phones would work though
    05-23-09 08:44 AM
    You will only receive 135.00 US for the Storm if you trade it in... What a crappy deal.... I fought with Telus just to pay 250.00... Then when Storm 2 comes out the exact same **** will happen again.. I hope they fix the phone memory device issue and increase it. Well im going to wait to see the cost of Storm 2 when it comes out and if all is good then i will trade in and upgrade hopefully Telus receives this new Storm 2 Device!!!
    05-27-09 08:44 PM
    I pulled off 49wpm using that .99 cents app fast type. :-)

haha. Try 67 WPM in Fast Type!
    05-27-09 08:49 PM
    Pics or it didn't happen.
    05-28-09 01:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD