I connect my Storm to my computer at work.. to keep the battery charge up...

Everytime I connect there seems to be some sort of update...

Your BlackBerry device will be updated to include the following software:
    BlackBerry 4.7 Core Applications

Applications to be deleted:
    AOL Instant Messenger
    Facebook

What is going on? My AOL IM and FaceBook are not deleted (because I do use them..) My VzW Navigator continues to be deleted (I removed because I don't use)...

I am already at firmware .75...

Thoughts? Anyone connect to DM without the updating?

-sjf
    12-09-08 09:11 AM
    Which .75 version are you on? The leaked one or the official one? If there is a version difference on the Core numbers, that explains why it wants to update it.
    12-09-08 09:29 AM
    I'm also having the same issue..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-09-08 09:54 AM
    I'm having the same issue. Official .75 loaded on top of leaked .75.
    12-09-08 10:03 AM
    Have any of u installed .76 on your pc. It may be seeing .76................
    12-09-08 10:06 AM
    i had the same problem...so i installed it once and the phone was noticeably slower. Connected againa nd it asked so i installed again and it went back to normal. Now i just deny the update when it asks
    should i delete the folder that .76 created?
    I get the same options...but I'm letting it update now.....i hope this isnt going to be a problem....
    12-09-08 10:08 AM
    It doesn't seem to change the performance of my phone (works great). Just annoying to go though an update every time I plug into DM.
    12-09-08 10:12 AM
    I installed the "leaked" .75 OS when it first became available and I now get the same problem with it wanting to update each time I connect to DM. It doesn't seem to be all the files. The ones I see updating are ringtones and I think wallpaper or something like that among a few others. I don't have any extra ringtones or wallpaper installed. I have a feeling it is confused because of the leaked .75 installation. I'm not sure what to do.
    12-09-08 10:14 AM
    would you be able to downgrade to .65 if you have the leaked .75 and reinstall the official .75 update?...if so, how would you go about on doing this?
    12-09-08 04:29 PM
    I had this prob with .65 but since the .76 its been ok so far. I think its a glitch with the DM as I've never used a leaked OS update and had .65 installed four times.

Just click off the DM before you plug your phone in to charge?
    12-09-08 04:42 PM
    People, the leaked .75 and official .75 are slightly different in revision numbers. Uninstall the .75 version off your PCs from Add/Remove and then you're fine if the version on your Storm is the same as official or higher.
    12-09-08 04:47 PM
    People, the leaked .75 and official .75 are slightly different in revision numbers. Uninstall the .75 version off your PCs from Add/Remove and then you're fine if the version on your Storm is the same as official or higher.
    That is what Im thinking. I had this problem before, but I just did the uninstall because I wanted only the newest update, then it worked. I guess my logic solved the problem without me even knowing it.
    12-09-08 04:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD