So I was messing around with my storm last night and i set a memory clean to happen at like 4am. When I wake up the phone is wiped..and its like i just put the battery in for the first time.

I thought a memory clean was just suppose to do...ah **** i dont know but not wipe my phone!!

And I havent backuped my phone since the 18th....I know I know...

So was it the memory clean or something else?
    05-31-09 08:05 AM
    Did you have to type in "Blackberry" before it would let you do it?
    05-31-09 08:12 AM
    no i didnt. I know the wipe device..part of the phone

I went to options>Security Options>Memory Cleaning> Enable..then set at time
    05-31-09 08:16 AM
    That shouldn't have wiped it.
    05-31-09 08:18 AM
    Mem Clean DOES NOT wipe you phone.... Pull the battery and let us know
    05-31-09 08:18 AM
    no i didnt. I know the wipe device..part of the phone

I went to options>Security Options>Memory Cleaning> Enable..then set at time
    Wait, I thought that was only supposed to run the java garbage collector? I have it enabled on my phone (although I can't set a time for it to run) and it's never wiped my phone.
    05-31-09 08:19 AM
    Options > security options > memory cleaning > enabled etc (or menu > clean now) doesn't wipe. Security options > general settings > menu > wipe handheld does.

Idk how happened but i'm sorry!
    05-31-09 08:21 AM
    Well I think I might know the problem....

I set that to happen..and then quick pull happens about the same time. So if it was cleaning and quick pulls shut the phone off....equal everything gone?
    05-31-09 08:22 AM
    Quickpull during a memory clean will corrupt the handheld and more then likely result in a total memory reset. Wow sorry to hear you lost your data but at least we have an idea why.
    05-31-09 08:25 AM
    Really?!?! Bad luck!
    05-31-09 08:27 AM
    Quickpull during a memory clean will corrupt the handheld and more then likely result in a total memory reset. Wow sorry to hear you lost your data but at least we have an idea why.
    Thanks, probably what happened...I guess I will put the phone down and not demand another phone from verizon.
    This is my 3rd tho, first one was software and the replacement screen didnt click lol
    05-31-09 08:28 AM
    The same thing happened to me too, but it was while I was sleeping. I'm running the .141 hybrid but it looks like the 5.0 browser is gone now. I was thinking Verizon might have done something preparing for today's release. I went to bed around 1:00 am and ran Quick Pull before that. There were some "welcome" type messages on my phone around 3:40 am. I'm assuming that's when the phone came back up. Now I have to figure out who's phone number's I'm missing since my last backup.
    05-31-09 09:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD