so i wont be able to do the SHRINK OS feature ? this is going to suck cuz that makes things so much faster
    05-01-09 03:05 PM
    so i wont be able to do the SHRINK OS feature ? this is going to suck cuz that makes things so much faster
    Before running the update from DM, you can run his shrink program, go to his signature and download that program, then shrink it.

Then run DM and update like I told you, don't forget to disconnect from the internet where I told you to.
    05-01-09 03:07 PM
    Sure, it's worth a shot, uninstall you current OS from the computer.

Install .141 to your computer, then download the Java files only Here and copy them to the Java folder in your new directory. Does this make sense?

The run loader.exe

makes sense, but how do I uninstall the current OS from the computer?

I'll let you know how it goes with the new install. Thanks for your help so far.
    You can check by going to DM, opening Application Loader, Add/Remove Applications.
    Just tried to do this and no luck.
    Through DM I went to App Loader and tried find Wordmole on the list but it wasn't there. Then, browse: Research In Motion > Shared > Loader Files > 9530-v4.7.0.132_P4.0.0.162 > WordMole.alx

and I get

Error
    "No additional applications designed for your device were found."

Any other ideas markdental?
    well i tried to us DM but it kept saying no update is available and wouldnt do it so im using apploader? will this work also?
    05-01-09 03:08 PM
    makes sense, but how do I uninstall the current OS from the computer?

I'll let you know how it goes with the new install. Thanks for your help so far.
    Start, Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs, Blackberry Device Software, Click Remove.
    05-01-09 03:12 PM
    Just tried to do this and no luck.
    Through DM I went to App Loader and tried find Wordmole on the list but it wasn't there. Then, browse: Research In Motion > Shared > Loader Files > 9530-v4.7.0.132_P4.0.0.162 > WordMole.alx

and I get

Error
    "No additional applications designed for your device were found."

Any other ideas markdental?
    Instead of finding it on the list, go to browse and see if you can get it that way. Otherwise, it seems like the .cod file for it is missing.
    05-01-09 03:14 PM
    well i tried to us DM but it kept saying no update is available and wouldnt do it so im using apploader? will this work also?
    Yup, loader.exe will work, but I thought it wouldn't find your phone?

Didn't you say that it found the .132 update under DM?
    05-01-09 03:15 PM
    yea it found the .132 update on my phone but when i clicked next it said no updates available.. some reason apploader worked and recognized my phone but the hybrid exe and shrink os will not .. that is what is confusing me bad.
    05-01-09 03:18 PM
    Instead of finding it on the list, go to browse and see if you can get it that way. Otherwise, it seems like the .cod file for it is missing.
    That's what I tried. Through browse then it gives me that error after I select the Wordmole.alx file
    05-01-09 03:18 PM
    Just wanted to chime in and say this OS update is fantastic!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-01-09 03:22 PM
    Not to rain on anyone's parade, and maybe I'm just having bad luck, but it did very little for me. When I first went to .132 from .75 it was amazing for a day, and then it was back to normal, acting EXACTLY the same as .75, just without the random reboots. Typing lag returned, slow loading on things, everything. After installing this, nothing seems to have changed at all. And I definitely did it right, I checked the device info and had to reactivate Quicklaunch and stuff. Maybe it's bad luck for me. I'll do a second battery pull in a couple minutes and maybe it will be better. Thanks anyway though, extremely easy to install and I'm glad it does a lot for other people!
    05-01-09 03:23 PM
    ok the update is finished but i dont notice anything different from thsi and the original .141 and when i try to do the shrink OS i get this "System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Java'."

heres what the about says. seem right?

v4.7.0.141 (Platform 4.0.0.174)
    05-01-09 03:27 PM
    Can you use Teetherberry with this?
    05-01-09 03:36 PM
    ok the update is finished but i dont notice anything different from thsi and the original .141 and when i try to do the shrink OS i get this "System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Java'."

heres what the about says. seem right?

v4.7.0.141 (Platform 4.0.0.174)
    About info is correct. You have to shrink the OS before you update.

Once it is on the phone, you can no longer shrink it.
    05-01-09 03:36 PM
    can i shrink then update again?
    05-01-09 03:37 PM
    This thing is a beast. transitions are so clean. memory steady. Quicklaunch fixed. Lock Fixed.

Its an amazing sort of thing. and i dont see more people trying to cram these hybrids down peoples throat.

This thing is out of control.

Keeps everything of 141 that means anything discards the rest and subs in 5.0.

AMAZING. Get Big Lyricidal!!!!

Have to try it. Its so amazingly simple. ten times better then standalone 141.

Here is the link to the greatest thing that ever happened to the blackberry storm.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/95...d-beta-204517/

Edit:

I see a lot of people having a hard time deciding not only because it sounds difficult but your coming from another leaked OS, or another hybrid.

My Recommendation, but please take care and at your own risk. This is true with any non-official update.

1) Dont have 141 installed on your phone. If your going to a hybrid of this sort it will not downgrade correctly. ( ie lock and quicklaunch will NOT be fixed )

2) Delete all OS's Installed on your PC, Not the exe files but the OS's ( you can have multiple OS's downloaded but not installed) . These can be found in "installed programs" in control panel. Make sure you only have Research in Motion Blackberry Manager Installed.

3) I Then installed the .132 Leak OS onto my computer.

4) I then Updated my phone with the .132 OS. Blackberry Manager works fine. You can appload.exe or what have you.

5) Takes 20 Mins.

6) Unplug BBerry.

7) Close BB Manager.

8) Download the HYBRID INSTALLER in the Link above. Most want the 32-bit Vista version, some might want the 64-bit version. You can check this in the My Computer stats.

9) Run this Hybrid EXE. What this does is takes the .132 Installed and replaces the files automatically with the 141/5.0(bold) os files.

10) Simple Right?

11) Make Sure you click the Shrink OS button IF IF IF IF you want to shrink it. Default Wallpapers is a good place to start.

12) Run Apploader.exe.........the button is right there.

13) It backs up...it installs...you are now in the sweet zone.

Hope this helps. Its drawn out but its far the easiest and straightforward.
    I agree that everyone should give this a shot if:

1. they are interested in running 3rd party apps with very minimal mem leak, but quick recovery, especially with Themes.
    2. they care about the lock functionality.
    3. if one cares about having a stable os.

The only downside that I have had is the the keyboard stroke is a bit lagging. It seems to have to catch up to me when writing messages, only slightly.

I hope this is helpful, good luck!
    05-01-09 03:41 PM
    I never saw the shrink option.......what do I do now???? I get an exceptoin error.....
    05-01-09 03:41 PM
    ok now when i try to do the shrink option. it keeps saying access is denied when i hit SHRINK MY OS.
    05-01-09 03:42 PM
    can i shrink then update again?
    Yes, you can...
    05-01-09 03:53 PM
    Yeah, seriously, this is the best OS yet!!! Thank You!!
    05-01-09 03:53 PM
    Yes, you can...
    Ok thats good to know... but it keeps giving me errors that it wont do it and i cant seem to get it to work now... man this is confusing
    05-01-09 04:00 PM
    this is what im getting
    05-01-09 04:03 PM
    definitely a major thanks to markdental for helping everyone out all day
    wish I didn't have to work, so I could help out more
    anyways
    glad to see people are liking the build, I really enjoy it myself
    and major thanks to all the donaters and supporters

Motopenn:
    Click browse at the top there and choose your OS install folder

if anyone needs help, PM me, post here or BBM me, not doin anything tonight
    05-01-09 04:13 PM
    lyricidal or markdental how do you go about grafting this to a 9500, im confused n00b so a step by step would be usefull in n00b speach if u could lol
    05-01-09 04:20 PM
643 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD