05-19-09 05:08 PM
643 ... 45678 ...
tools
    We had a successful install. Thank you markdental, I couldn't have done it without you.
    Great! No problem!

You checked the modules? 5.0.0.90 present?

Congrats!!
    05-01-09 11:20 AM
    What is the exe file? I was running 132. I downloaded 141 to upgrade tonight and was already in the apploader when I changed my mind (had not started the actual upgrade but was on the screen that allowed me to choose my files). I canceled that after getting intrigued by all the talk about Lyrical's hybrid so I downloaded the 32 bit installer. After running the file it gave me an error message. The apploader popped back up and I went through the install. As far as I can tell I'm still on 4.7 and not 5.0 so I assume I somehow backed my way into simply upgrading to 141. Running with 27.7 memory although I have a decent number of apps installed (nothing too crazy though).

So do I download all the rars? And what's the difference between the 32 bit and the 64 bit? I hope I'm making some sense here.
    I haven't read to the end of this thread yet, but I got an error message too, and just like you, the app loader popper up right after the error. I was a little scared but I went on with it, and it downloaded correctly. I have a little, .132, a lot of .141 and some 5.0 files. So far so good.
    05-01-09 11:25 AM
    Great! No problem!

You checked the modules? 5.0.0.90 present?

Congrats!!
    Yep checked them, they are there. All this done via VMware Vista. I made it harder then it should have been, just felt a little insecure.
    05-01-09 11:25 AM
    what does shrinking mean?
    05-01-09 11:28 AM
    what does shrinking mean?
    Removing portions of the OS to make it take up less memory and thus make the phone run slightly faster.
    05-01-09 11:33 AM
    Yep checked them, they are there. All this done via VMware Vista. I made it harder then it should have been, just felt a little insecure.
    Great. Well, I hope the phone runs better.
    05-01-09 11:33 AM
    Removing portions of the OS to make it take up less memory and thus make the phone run slightly faster.
    Thanks a lot....you guys are advanced....

I know more than any BB ower around me, and it's nothing compared to people on here....
    Holla back
    05-01-09 11:38 AM
    Installed. Over-hyped IMO. Browser speed along with everything else feels the same as .141.
    05-01-09 11:39 AM
    meant to ask....what gets taken away? typically?
    05-01-09 11:40 AM
    meant to ask....what gets taken away? typically?
    Whatever you choose to have taken away. The program asks you, and you tell it.
    05-01-09 11:42 AM
    Installed. Over-hyped IMO. Browser speed along with everything else feels the same as .141.
    At this point I would agree but lets give it a chance. Geeze, I mean we just installed the darn thing.

It's my experience that a new OS takes a bit to adjust. I did notice my memory increased slightly from 50.0 to 52.2 after a quickpull.
    05-01-09 11:47 AM
    Didn't seem to work for me. I have .122 installed and installed the way it said to (by changing that file name). Chose what to remove, ran Loader.exe, and the phone rebooted. No 5.0 modules installed. What could have went wrong?
    05-01-09 11:50 AM
    Too bad its for the 9000 only

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Works great for the Storm 9500. Must use 141 base wth 5.0.0.90 java files......
    Happiness is !!
    05-01-09 11:51 AM
    Didn't seem to work for me. I have .122 installed and installed the way it said to (by changing that file name). Chose what to remove, ran Loader.exe, and the phone rebooted. No 5.0 modules installed. What could have went wrong?
    Did you change the actual file name? That's what I did that was wrong.
    05-01-09 11:51 AM
    Hmm, good question.

What OS's do you have installed on your computer?

How long did the process take? Did it seem like it updated?
    05-01-09 11:52 AM
    If thats the case, I would just stay with 141 and be happy. Yeah, you would have thought that this hybrid was the next big thing. It's not. Why people continue to over-hype things is beyond me.

Folks, if you want a solid OS with maybe two bugs, get the 141. Enough said.
    05-01-09 11:54 AM
    Screen lock is fixed, no doubt about that.
    05-01-09 11:54 AM
    OK, you studs have got me stoked to try 5.0.141 for my storm. I am reasonably capable of following instructions. But when I hear JAVA, I think Starbucks;. Sooo, would somebody just list a step by step way to get this loaded on my Storm. I am presently on 4.7.0.132.
    Thanks!!
    05-01-09 11:55 AM
    Did you change the actual file name? That's what I did that was wrong.
    Installed 4.7.0.141 Os and then overwrote the java files with the 5.0.0.90 java files. Did an Os shrink and eureka !! 49 mb memory battery life good and what`s more Quicklaunch works.
    05-01-09 11:56 AM
    If thats the case, I would just stay with 141 and be happy. Yeah, you would have thought that this hybrid was the next big thing. It's not. Why people continue to over-hype things is beyond me.

Folks, if you want a solid OS with maybe two bugs, get the 141. Enough said.
    Those "couple of bugs" are a major reason why people won't upgrade.
    05-01-09 11:57 AM
    Hmm, good question.

What OS's do you have installed on your computer?

How long did the process take? Did it seem like it updated?
    I have 122 on my computer (under RIM/Shared/Loader Files). The update only tok a few minutes. The phone DOES seem faster, but the modules don't say 5.0.
    05-01-09 11:57 AM
    I have 122 on my computer (under RIM/Shared/Loader Files). The update only tok a few minutes. The phone DOES seem faster, but the modules don't say 5.0.
    Go to Options, About, what does it say for your OS version and Platform?
    05-01-09 12:06 PM
    Edited the initial post with a more listed run down. Trying to make it as easy as possible.
    05-01-09 12:18 PM
    I have gone through the gamut of updates, beta's, hybrid's, etc. and this is by far the best one yet. I have not even had to do a battery pull. Browsing is much faster, applications open faster and all work, running Opera Mini, Agendus, VZ Navigator, Visual Voice Mail, Google Maps, ESPN, YouTube, Blackberry Application World, Facebook, AOL Messenger, Slacker Radio, Pandora and IHeartradio, etc. Memory is holding strong and the best part is Enterprise Activation started automatically and finished quicker than ever before. Lyricidal is a genius.
    05-01-09 12:25 PM
    i'm having the exact same problem that hookbill had. I did not change any file names, i'm upgrading from .132, the Java shows a modification. I have .132 installed on the computer. Every time I run the installer it tells me no further action is needed.
    05-01-09 12:36 PM
643 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD