05-19-09 05:08 PM
643 ... 1718192021 ...
tools
    So, when did you upload the new files? With my luck, I just missed them. I downloaded around 5:00 Eastern I think.
    I think that was just before I uploaded the new one
    Put the luck towards the installation
    05-03-09 06:56 PM
    My memory drops that low all the time. Then again I have tons of apps installed. I only have 25 MB after a reboot and I shrunk the OS

Thanks for the great hybird lyricidal! This is the best OS I have tried so far.
    05-03-09 07:02 PM
    Alot of my issues have been resolved with this hybrid. Best I've used so far. Only issue so far is the annoying color banding issue, but at least its stable and fast now. I'm tempted to try the .90 radio file like I usually do, but I don't want any other issues to pop up.
    05-03-09 07:05 PM
    This is easily the best OS I've never tried.
    05-03-09 07:08 PM
    My memory drops that low all the time. Then again I have tons of apps installed. I only have 25 MB after a reboot and I shrunk the OS

Thanks for the great hybird lyricidal! This is the best OS I have tried so far.
    Mine is usually around 30 MB, but it never gets below 15 or so, until today. I'm updating to the latest version of the hybrid just to see if it makes a difference.
    05-03-09 07:23 PM
    After two days with this os I don't see any difference from the original .141. In any case this hybrid has ran slower then .141 itself. I will be going to the original .141 because I didn't have any problems with it. Thought this hybrid would be quicker but it isn't. Browser is still the same for me though slow I switch between bbbrowser and opera now having two browsers is cool its like tabs.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-03-09 07:33 PM
    I do the same thing. Have both open at the same time. I'll click a link on one, then go to the other and do the same.

Ahhh, multitasking.
    05-03-09 07:45 PM
    You guys are killing me. I may have to try this. Running Crackman V4 now and loving it. I must resist....
    05-03-09 07:53 PM
    question for lyricidal:
    re: Swap a radio
    when loader.exe launches what do i select: replace with older applications in bb desktop manager or leave system applications unchanged???

Thanks on advance
    05-03-09 08:03 PM
    question for lyricidal:
    re: Swap a radio
    when loader.exe launches what do i select: replace with older applications in bb desktop manager or leave system applications unchanged???

Thanks on advance
    I realize you asked this specifically to Lyricidal, but I can answer that for you.

If you are swapping to an older radio code, then you will select replace with older version.
    05-03-09 08:08 PM
    I realize you asked this specifically to Lyricidal, but I can answer that for you.

If you are swapping to an older radio code, then you will select replace with older version.
    Thanks man, i should have included you too.... you have been very helpful on this thread also. so thanks again
    05-03-09 08:11 PM
    markdental is the swap a radio only for the 5.0 hybrid or will it work for any OS?
    05-03-09 08:20 PM
    Thanks man, i should have included you too.... you have been very helpful on this thread also. so thanks again
    No problem, anytime.
    05-03-09 08:27 PM
    markdental is the swap a radio only for the 5.0 hybrid or will it work for any OS?
    It will work for any OS.
    05-03-09 08:28 PM
    It will work for any OS.
    thanks again
    05-03-09 08:34 PM
    ive had this for about a day. its UNREAL! i did the shrink os thing too. now, im finally satisfied with this phone.
    05-03-09 08:42 PM
    Have tried most of the hybrids and this is by far the best so far!
    05-03-09 08:43 PM
    141 and 132 have been GARBAGE...BASURA....TRASh...CRAP for me. i'm downloading this and hoping it works well....
    my transitions are terrible...sms, mms and email issues are back and fixes aren't working...the only thing is a FAST camera shutter.
    05-03-09 09:13 PM
    Hey guys i needed some help. This is my first time trying a hybrid os as I have already used and really liked .132. I think i saw a few pages back on this thread that it says we should be seeing 4.7.0.141, platform 174. but on my berry I see v4.7.0.141 and platform 4.0.0.162. It runs great the way it is, but i was just wondering if i did it right. And what is this file that has an extension of .rar i wasnt sure if i had to download it, and if i did, i wouldnt know where to put it. i have never heard of a .rar extension, but then again im not all that computer literate.
    05-04-09 07:00 AM
    You've done it right. As per yesterdays update I've changed the radio back to 132 as well as the GPS. So your platform is correct. As for .rar files - they are like .zip files. You won't need them if you used the installer

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-04-09 07:28 AM
    Okay so i gave in and tried it.

I initially came form .75 and had some issues. Some were with my pc, some were with installing on my phone. Dont know if they where underlying issues with the os that hadnt yet manifested themselves as I had yet to do a single thing with it. So after the problems with installing the hybrid I still had issues, so I decided to go back to .75. After a day of living with .75 I was ready to go crazy.

That is how awesome this hybrid is. Even as a botched install it worked better than .75. So I wiped the phone and went to .132 and installed again. It is awesome. I only have one thing I noticed. I have read a lot of post of people who commented that this hybrid fixed the leak issue. For me it has not. Fresh off of a battery pull I start at 46.9 and a couple hours latter and two phone calls I was down to 34.9. SO that still remains to be an issue for some, (i'm sure im not the only one) However 34.9 is better than 16.2 so i'll take it.

Thanks Lyricidal
    05-04-09 07:50 AM
    Installing today and will give my report later.
    05-04-09 07:54 AM

Fresh off of a battery pull I start at 46.9 and a couple hours latter and two phone calls I was down to 34.9. SO that still remains to be an issue for some, (i'm sure im not the only one) However 34.9 is better than 16.2 so i'll take it.

Thanks Lyricidal
    I've been using this hybrid for about three days now and I am LOVING it, thank you Lyricidal!!!

As far as memory, my experience has been exactly the same. I start with 48 after a battery pull and she settles around 33-34. However, given that I'm running a theme (Black Glass) and mad email/bbm traffic, I'm not at all concerned about it. If it drops below that I may give the memory a second thought but so far this has not been the case.
    05-04-09 08:05 AM
    i updated this from .132 and i see no difference. the install went smooth, i have 5.0 files on phone so i know it installed correctly. what have the 5.0 files changed? and actually the accelerometer seems slower.
    05-04-09 08:42 AM
    hmm... i havent see ntoo much of a difference either, but i only had the original OS on my phone for about a day before i upgraded to .141/5.0.

anyways, im happy to have the latest and greatest!
    05-04-09 08:53 AM
643 ... 1718192021 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD