05-19-09 05:08 PM
643 ... 1011121314 ...
tools
    Haha thank you very much very elaborate.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I hope it was what you were looking for.
    05-01-09 09:16 PM
    I went from .75 > .113 > .132 and now > .141/5.0 hybrid and really like this one. On .132 I noticed a little keyboard lag, not so with the hybrid. Everything seems to work ok....I've only had it installed for about an hour.

EXCELLENT job Lyricidial THANK YOU.....too bad BB & Verizon couldn't have done this from the start!!!
    05-01-09 09:28 PM
    I'm a newbie with the storm...have had it less than a week, put .132 on it the other night, and then put this on tonight, and have to say that this is how I expected the Storm to work...most impressive.

Thanks for the hard work in making it so easy to do...
    05-01-09 10:17 PM
    Please be honest with my question to you with this hybrid that have had 141 installed. We all know that the straight install of 141, the browser is very fast. Is the hybrid faster, way faster, does it blow the 141 away or is it exegerated somewhat?
    05-01-09 10:32 PM
    Question I installed the os hybrid but nothing happened. I shrunk the files and clicked launch and 10 seconds later it said somet
    hing like to response or something did I do something wrong I'm currently running 132 can some explain what suppose to happen please and thank you

05-01-09 10:38 PM
    I'm currently trying to install. I've shrunk my OS, apparently, and launched App loader from the Shrink-A-OS exe. But it won't recognize my device, nor let me check the 'detect' box...
    05-01-09 10:56 PM
    I finally got everything straightened out with the OS. Now on 141/5.0. Its not bad after 4 battery pulls. What i have noticed over the last couple hours is that while ideling, it leaks memory, QUICK. But as soon as I start using it for whatever, it starts gaining it all back..?? Weird, or is it just me? It also hangs up between screen transitions from time to time. FAST sometimes, slow as Sh*t other...?

Any thoughts?
    05-01-09 11:05 PM
    I can't download this. WTF!!!!!!!!! When I go to install after shrinking the file. The drop down box wher you choose the port is blank. How do fix this? No one has responding to this question so far.
    05-02-09 12:02 AM
    Please be honest with my question to you with this hybrid that have had 141 installed. We all know that the straight install of 141, the browser is very fast. Is the hybrid faster, way faster, does it blow the 141 away or is it exegerated somewhat?
    That is very subjective, but I don't see a difference.
    05-02-09 12:10 AM
    Question I installed the os hybrid but nothing happened. I shrunk the files and clicked launch and 10 seconds later it said somet
    hing like to response or something did I do something wrong I'm currently running 132 can some explain what suppose to happen please and thank you

This post does not make any sense. You ran the installer, then what happened exactly...
    05-02-09 12:11 AM
    I can't download this. WTF!!!!!!!!! When I go to install after shrinking the file. The drop down box wher you choose the port is blank. How do fix this? No one has responding to this question so far.
    Please explain what you have done so far, and what you are trying to do....
    05-02-09 12:13 AM
    Crash,

Thanks for posting your edit man. I was stressing a bit on the instructions, I've done the copy and paste Hybrids in the past but I didn't realize that i just had to DL the .exe installer and just let it go. Great post and thanks for your help. 49mb startup and everything is running smooth.
    05-02-09 12:38 AM
    OK. Been running this for 2 days now. Very nice. I have tried quite a few of the leaks but have always reverted back. This one looks like a keeper. Pretty stable.
    05-02-09 04:28 AM
    ok other than the QL and Lock fix what is so much better than the full .141? I have been running .141 since the second Kevin leaked it and have zero problems with it, memory is excellent, speed is fast, browser is fast, accel is fast.
    05-02-09 05:26 AM
    I wanted to make this like a little ode to Mr. Lyricidal.

I just want to keep this at the top of the board so it gets more people into the right Shiiiiistuff.

Its just that good. Try it. You will not be upset.
    *Supposed 2 B an ode 2 LyRiCiDAL...turned into "fix & findings", so Ill do both...
    So far Ive utilized .132/5.0 & .141/5.0
    LyRiCiDAL'z HyBRiDz are a beautiful thing
    ....& I will be donating to him.

If LyRiCiDAL is too busy...
    ...maybe someone else knows something?

Installed .141/5.0HyBriD;
    Everything works great...except 1 thing, only when composing an MMS, when sent...get EDGE vs edge & message does not go thru.
    (email & SMS work perfectly)

looked thru modules and noticed this:

net_rim_bb_email
    net_rim_bb_email_compression
    net_rim_bb_mms
    net_rim_bb_sms
    net_rim_bb_sms_compose

*Should there be a [net_rim_bb_mms_compression] or [net_rim_bb_mms_compose] file??

Or does anyone know what would or could be causing the MMS issue???

Appreciate Assistance...
    ALEX
    05-02-09 06:01 AM
    I have been running this for a couple days now no issues. I am however having a terrible time typing in landscape though. Specifically the space bar I notice is much smaller than it has ever been and I have run every beta. What can I do to fix this?
    05-02-09 07:23 AM
    Why is it that ever OS that is released, be it beta or one of these "hybrid" deals, everyone says "memory stable." Yet ever single OS Ive ever loaded within a day of reboot Im in the low teens on memory and I have very few apps installed and never run anything in the background.
    05-02-09 07:46 AM
    Why is it that ever OS that is released, be it beta or one of these "hybrid" deals, everyone says "memory stable." Yet ever single OS Ive ever loaded within a day of reboot Im in the low teens on memory and I have very few apps installed and never run anything in the background.
    You should take a look at how much application memory they are using just by being on your phone. Go to Options/Advanced/Applications and you can see the ones causing you issues.

I eliminated many of those and other programs that took up App memory. I start my day around 52 and end around 42 now.'

That's another good thing about the shrink, you can eliminate programs that you cannot get to, like facebook if you so desire.
    05-02-09 08:16 AM
    I seem to have a big memory leak. I boot up with 44mb of memory, and after about an hour I am down to 28-29mb. Is anyone else noticing this? In general, things are pretty smooth, but as memory gets eaten up, it does seem to slow down.

I don't have Viigo installed, so this isn't it. I was hoping this was fixed.

The system is much better than 4.7 versions (Thanks Lyricidal...), but something's going on. I have put logmail on, and have MemoryUp Pro.

Any suggestions?
    05-02-09 08:22 AM
    same thing happened with me, go back into the loader file and run shrink os and then update

Well once again I have tried to do this and I still keep getting this flippin error.
    05-02-09 09:18 AM
    can someone post a capture it pic of there about screen?....just curious if i did it right and would love to compare...ty
    05-02-09 09:22 AM
    Do you plug the bb back after you run the hybrid.exe file?

This thing is a beast. transitions are so clean. memory steady. Quicklaunch fixed. Lock Fixed.

Its an amazing sort of thing. and i dont see more people trying to cram these hybrids down peoples throat.

This thing is out of control.

Keeps everything of 141 that means anything discards the rest and subs in 5.0.

AMAZING. Get Big Lyricidal!!!!

Have to try it. Its so amazingly simple. ten times better then standalone 141.

Here is the link to the greatest thing that ever happened to the blackberry storm.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/95...d-beta-204517/

Edit:

I see a lot of people having a hard time deciding not only because it sounds difficult but your coming from another leaked OS, or another hybrid.

My Recommendation, but please take care and at your own risk. This is true with any non-official update.

1) Dont have 141 installed on your phone. If your going to a hybrid of this sort it will not downgrade correctly. ( ie lock and quicklaunch will NOT be fixed )

2) Delete all OS's Installed on your PC, Not the exe files but the OS's ( you can have multiple OS's downloaded but not installed) . These can be found in "installed programs" in control panel. Make sure you only have Research in Motion Blackberry Manager Installed.

3) I Then installed the .132 Leak OS onto my computer.

4) I then Updated my phone with the .132 OS. Blackberry Manager works fine. You can appload.exe or what have you.

5) Takes 20 Mins.

6) Unplug BBerry.

7) Close BB Manager.

8) Download the HYBRID INSTALLER in the Link above. Most want the 32-bit Vista version, some might want the 64-bit version. You can check this in the My Computer stats.

9) Run this Hybrid EXE. What this does is takes the .132 Installed and replaces the files automatically with the 141/5.0(bold) os files.

10) Simple Right?

11) Make Sure you click the Shrink OS button IF IF IF IF you want to shrink it. Default Wallpapers is a good place to start.

12) Run Apploader.exe.........the button is right there.

13) It backs up...it installs...you are now in the sweet zone.

Hope this helps. Its drawn out but its far the easiest and straightforward.
    05-02-09 09:25 AM
    and once again.. heres trying it with the new version.. RAN as administrator.
    05-02-09 09:27 AM
    and once again.. heres trying it with the new version.. RAN as administrator.
    The new version has some changes
    Different error there
    now you click Browse
    and choose the Install folder of the OS you want to Shrink
    then try it
    05-02-09 09:32 AM
    I was skeptical at first. I didn't like the idea of a hybrid. Someone not working for rim putting together an os. But this os is amazing. It is fast. Stable and secure. Definitely worth a shot. Thanks guys!

05-02-09 09:36 AM
643 ... 1011121314 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD