I think you might have deleted the theme by accident. You get a homescreen like that when there is no theme installed on the phone.
    Ahh you are probably exactly right. Never thought of that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-09 07:30 PM
    Had them all an this one is the best for me so far geat job.;
    05-18-09 07:36 PM
    Absolutely love this update it is a must for any storm user. I went from .75 because I was scared but this put all my fears to bed. Thanks crackberry nation and especially lyr for making me storm usable and turning it into my newest addiction.

05-18-09 08:08 PM
    Hey guys new here. Installed hybrid with no problem at all on my phone and working beautifully. Now I'm trying to install it on my wife's phone and i can't get it to work. everything is good up until the shrink os comes up. Then i shrink the os and click the launch loader.exe but the loader won't come up. She is running .132 same as i was. I also tried from DM and it doesnt seem to be recognizing her phone. Weird. Please help
    05-18-09 09:47 PM
    I am currently running Windows XP and followed the steps to upgrade to the hybrid. I currently have the .132 OS on my Storm. When I went to the Loader.exe from the Shink an OS window, it started to download then I got a fatal error stating the following: "The upgrade file "net_rim_os.cod" for application "BlackBerry 4.7 Core Applications" is not compatible with the version of the application that is installed on your device. Delete the application from your device, and then re-install the application. Warning: If you delete an application from your device, you also delete any device data that is associated with the application.". If I delete the suggested file, net_rim_os.cod, will it mess up my device? Can anyone help me?
    05-18-09 09:59 PM
    That was happening to me too. Make sure BB is not connected to PC until after you hit the launch loader button. Then when the loader opens you'll notice there's no pin. Then plug in your BB and after the loader recognizes your device you'll see your PIN # there. Then proceed. That's what worked for me.
    05-18-09 10:17 PM
    Ok I took the plung and loaded this hybrid and I must say the memory leak has improved. Its snappier no lags
    I am so far happy I did it. Would recommend this to anyone.

05-18-09 10:27 PM
    I had tried holding onto .75 for the official download, but it never came. It took over an hour, but I loaded up Lyricidal's hybrid and all I can say that so far it is like a brand new phone.

This is what we should have gotten in december
    05-18-09 10:31 PM
    I tried several times to install the hybrid. Im not real sure if its there or not. I want to take the phone back down to the .75.......and once I know what i have...start upgrading back up to the hybrid again. My question is....if I download the .75 from the site....can I then DELETE the one on my computer...and then hook up the BB to the computer, and will it then find the .75 and load it?
    05-19-09 05:46 AM
    I have been running this hybrid for several weeks now and without question, it's still the BOMB for my Storm. Its fast, the browser is still "of the charts fast", and I still boot with 9mb more than I had with ver .132. There is still a memory leak, not critical on my Storm, I only lose about 10mb during the day, but it's still there. Camera is quicker and MMS works as well. I can only give you my experience with this...if you haven't got it, you may want to take the plunge and give it a try...the install was very easy! Just remember to backup before you do the install, which is the standard procedure for any OS install.
    05-19-09 06:44 AM
    I have been running this hybrid for several weeks now and without question, it's still the BOMB for my Storm. Its fast, the browser is still "of the charts fast", and I still boot with 9mb more than I had with ver .132. There is still a memory leak, not critical on my Storm, I only lose about 10mb during the day, but it's still there. Camera is quicker and MMS works as well. I can only give you my experience with this...if you haven't got it, you may want to take the plunge and give it a try...the install was very easy! Just remember to backup before you do the install, which is the standard procedure for any OS install.
    Im not sure if I have it or not...I tried to install several times...but it dosent show up...thats why i want to know what i have to do to take it back to the .75...and start over
    05-19-09 07:06 AM
    That was happening to me too. Make sure BB is not connected to PC until after you hit the launch loader button. Then when the loader opens you'll notice there's no pin. Then plug in your BB and after the loader recognizes your device you'll see your PIN # there. Then proceed. That's what worked for me.
    It did it again. Again, It asked me to delete the "net_rim_os.cod" file from my device but to be aware that by deleting that file, all data asscociated with it will be gone. Do you know what files will be gone?
    05-19-09 08:10 AM
    thanks.....gonna try this!
    05-19-09 08:59 AM
    I've been running this OS for a couple weeks now, and have been loving it. Just in the last few days, however, I've noticed that from time to time I have to restart or at least shut down the radio and then restart it to get my email and to get on any websites. When using the browser I'll eventually get a message about there being a communications problem. Each time, a restart will result in four or five emails popping up and a return to the smoking fast browser. Is anyone else having this problem? I did a search of this thread, and didn't find much in the way of this happening. No new apps or anything else has been installed since I loaded this OS. Thanks for any ideas/help you guys can provide.
    05-19-09 09:16 AM
    I have been using this for a day, can't tell much difference from the regular .141, except the camera is slightly better, but not much, and the lag between portrait to landscape and vice versa is terribly slow, like .75 slow. It's so annoying that I am considering going back to .132. 141 began to get buggy after a week or so, so I may be downgrading.
    05-19-09 10:57 AM
    i am a fan of this hybrid
    05-19-09 10:58 AM
    I've been running this OS for a couple weeks now, and have been loving it. Just in the last few days, however, I've noticed that from time to time I have to restart or at least shut down the radio and then restart it to get my email and to get on any websites. When using the browser I'll eventually get a message about there being a communications problem. Each time, a restart will result in four or five emails popping up and a return to the smoking fast browser. Is anyone else having this problem? I did a search of this thread, and didn't find much in the way of this happening. No new apps or anything else has been installed since I loaded this OS. Thanks for any ideas/help you guys can provide.
    Ive been having potentially the same problem, every now and again i stop recieving sms messages after a restart they all come through. Ive got a feeling its when i use the web browser.

Ive not had any problems prior to this install and ive run network diagnostic and everything seems to be ok??
    05-19-09 03:53 PM
    I've been running this hybrid (May 7 build) very reliably since it's release. Today, while driving home from work, slamma, jamma, bamma the phone reboots while i'm on the phone. I immedialtely am suspicious of the fact that the area where that occurred was in a notoriously bad signal spot. So, i pull over, call back the person i was talking too, after the reboot, and turn around to drive through the spot again....and poof, the phone reboots again.....anyone else seeing this issue? This is stilll, by far, the best of the best out there .....imhao......
    05-19-09 05:08 PM
643 ... 242526
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD