After a bit of effort I managed to get the OS loaded. Works great, fast, good memory. The only problem i see is that my keyboard looks pixelated, definately not as sharp as when i was at .113
    05-12-09 07:12 PM
    I have been using this OS (the may 9 one) also. It is by far the best one that i have ever used. My battery life seems to be getting better each day. I do one reset each morning with MeterBerry.
    With the release of the new app that locks the phone in portrait when the phone rings (among other options), and patternLock, i think this phone is now the best phone i have ever owned.
    When RIM and VZW do release something, you can bet it's gonna be awesome!
    05-12-09 07:59 PM
    Holy wow, just took me about 6 hours and many failed attempts to go from .141 -> JL wipe -> .132 -> .141/5.0/Shrink -> Find and install all my missing apps. I must say it was worth it though. This thing is very snappy, and I booted with 47 (!) mb of app memory when my previous high was 37.5mb. The keyboard has almost no lag. My advice to any noobs debating to try it out: double check everything is backed up, follow instructions very carefully, and don't get frustrated because it's worth it and now it's less frustrating than waiting for VZW!!!
    05-13-09 01:02 AM
    Yeah spent forever getting everything right, but I like it a lot. Much better then what was installed on it from factory.
    05-16-09 04:47 AM
    I installed this today and its great! so far ive not noticed a single bit of typing lag.
    05-16-09 07:49 AM
    does it have the lock issue in 141?
    05-16-09 03:20 PM
    Not sure what Im doing wrong...but I followed the directions...and when I go to check what I have...it states I am running
    v4.7.0.141 ( Platform 4.0.0.162)
    ...I have tried to reinstall...and get the same everytime

ANy suggestions would be great

Thanks
    05-17-09 05:37 AM
    I am currently running Windows XP and followed the steps to upgrade to the hybrid. I currently have the .132 OS on my Storm. When I went to the Loader.exe from the Shink an OS window, it started to download then I got a fatal error stating the following: "The upgrade file "net_rim_os.cod" for application "BlackBerry 4.7 Core Applications" is not compatible with the version of the application that is installed on your device. Delete the application from your device, and then re-install the application. Warning: If you delete an application from your device, you also delete any device data that is associated with the application.". If I delete the suggested file, net_rim_os.cod, will it mess up my device? Can anyone help me?
    Last edited by Ronniemac6868; 05-17-09 at 06:57 AM.
    05-17-09 06:55 AM
    I downloaded .141 to my phone yesterday and have noticed that the browser is a bit slow and the battery life could be a bit better. I did not use the shrink/slim version it was just a straight .141. Now my question is, can I use this hybrid right top of my .141 to help with these issues or do I need to downgrade to .132 as I see so many people using and then take the hybrid from the start of this thread?
    05-17-09 07:38 AM
    help please..im sure the answer is in this thread somewhere but ive tried everything and i cant get shrink to work...it keeps saying...access to path\blah,blah,blah\removedfiles' is denied

please help a helpless noob
    05-17-09 01:08 PM
    help please..im sure the answer is in this thread somewhere but ive tried everything and i cant get shrink to work...it keeps saying...access to path\blah,blah,blah\removedfiles' is denied

please help a helpless noob
    Are you on Vista? Have you tried giving the file administrative privileges?
    05-17-09 01:14 PM
    no...not sure how/what to do
    05-17-09 01:23 PM
    yes i do have vista
    05-17-09 01:23 PM
    after installing this should it still say .132 in the About section?
    05-17-09 01:27 PM
    Not sure what Im doing wrong...but I followed the directions...and when I go to check what I have...it states I am running
    v4.7.0.141 ( Platform 4.0.0.162)
    ...I have tried to reinstall...and get the same everytime

ANy suggestions would be great

Thanks

I'm pretty sure that's correct, as that's what I have too. To check if it installed correctly, go to options>advanced>applications>menu button>modules and when you scroll through the list, there should be mostly 5.0.0.93 and 4.7.0.141 listed.
    05-17-09 08:50 PM
    ok, i dl the EXE file right? then I run the EXE file right? only prob is what I dl is is a rar file and even when I unzip it theres no exe file in it?????
    05-17-09 09:58 PM
    question? after loading .141 and lyricidal 5.0 i was getting java error codes, i wiped it and tryed several times same thing. i coundnt get a home screen just a list of aps and programs on the phone. i wiped it
    again uninstalled 141 and loaded 131 so far its working. what did i do wrong ?
    05-17-09 10:25 PM
    I'm pretty sure that's correct, as that's what I have too. To check if it installed correctly, go to options>advanced>applications>menu button>modules and when you scroll through the list, there should be mostly 5.0.0.93 and 4.7.0.141 listed.
    Yes...Thats what it shows....but why would it say something else under "about"?
    05-18-09 05:46 AM
    FYI - I've been using this version, but swapped the radio to .90 for GSM - it's been great with solid EDGE
    05-18-09 08:54 AM
    I couldn't agree more. I'm new to the forums but this hybrid has changed the way I use my storm. Thanks lyricidal!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-09 09:30 AM
    Lyricidal you are the man. If I were a woman I would have your children.

Since I am not maybe a thank will do
    05-18-09 12:14 PM
    question? after loading .141 and lyricidal 5.0 i was getting java error codes, i wiped it and tryed several times same thing. i coundnt get a home screen just a list of aps and programs on the phone. i wiped it
    again uninstalled 141 and loaded 131 so far its working. what did i do wrong ?
    the same thing happend to me when I tried to create my own hybrid. I just gave up and installed this one. I made the right decision.

A side note.

Does anyone else have unbelievable memory management now? I was at 36.5, started using my phone for like 10 mins and I was then at 49.8 after that !!!
    05-18-09 12:16 PM
    I downloaded .141 to my phone yesterday and have noticed that the browser is a bit slow and the battery life could be a bit better. I did not use the shrink/slim version it was just a straight .141. Now my question is, can I use this hybrid right top of my .141 to help with these issues or do I need to downgrade to .132 as I see so many people using and then take the hybrid from the start of this thread?
    I went from .141 to the Hybrid with no issues whatsoever.

does it have the lock issue in 141?
    Its Fixed, however i actually favoured the any key unlock.
    Last edited by ecsrobin; 05-18-09 at 01:10 PM.
    05-18-09 01:08 PM
    After using this for quite a while I must say, it is still the best OS I've ever run on my storm. Kudos.
    05-18-09 02:05 PM
    the same thing happend to me when I tried to create my own hybrid. I just gave up and installed this one. I made the right decision.

A side note.

Does anyone else have unbelievable memory management now? I was at 36.5, started using my phone for like 10 mins and I was then at 49.8 after that !!!
    I think you might have deleted the theme by accident. You get a homescreen like that when there is no theme installed on the phone.
    05-18-09 04:36 PM
643 ... 23242526
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD