I dislike this OS immensely. The Accelerometer is horrid. After using this version for 2 days, I actually find myself talking to my phone..."c'mon already...rotate". NEVER had that problem with any other OS I've tried (and I've tried I think 4 of the leaks...maybe 5).

I also have random white flashes on my screen when changing apps / opening new ones...The Browser is noticeably quicker, which I do like...but I can't stand the accelerometer...going back to .132
    05-07-09 12:14 PM
    I accidentallly removed the 9500 ringtones, can anyone help me to retrieve them. Is there a file I can plug in. I tried using "put back" with Shrink-A-OS but I keep getting an error
    05-07-09 12:21 PM
    I accidentallly removed the 9500 ringtones, can anyone help me to retrieve them. Is there a file I can plug in. I tried using "put back" with Shrink-A-OS but I keep getting an error
    Are you using Vista? If you are you have to log in as administrator.
    05-07-09 12:38 PM
    I've been on .141/5 for 4 days now and love it! Monday morning I woke 10 minutes after my BB alarm normally goes off to see the Snooze and Dismiss buttons on the screen, but never heard it go off (Sonar). Dismissed and got up figuring I heard it or I wouldn't be awake, but shortly afterwards at work started realizing I had no ringer! Checking through menus in Clock and Sound Profiles, I have no selections for alerts...

Last night I finally got around to loading the Hybrid again taking care not to Shrink anything related to sounds and same thing. I've searched through the forums and not found anybody else mentioning this problem, so I guess I'm unique (I've been told that before........). Anyone got any suggestions or places to look? Looking through the Loader files the sound stuff is there (~5 mb), but in the Clock and SP menus it doesn't have selections for picking a notification.

TIA!
    I'm having the same exact issue. Can anyone help? Also, I installed the hybrid loader but now I can't find it anywhere on my computer(32 bit vista). Any help wouldbe greatly appreciated!
    05-07-09 05:52 PM
    What a relief! I hoped someone else could relate, but I'm sorry for your misfortune, ironeddie. I'm thinking I may have done the same thing thinking the 9500 ringtones were for the 9500 (only) and checked to remove them. I couldn't remember, but the second attempt a couple of days later when I reloaded from another computer, I made sure I didn't shrink out the 9500 ringtones...to no avail. Now that I'm finally back on the computer I installed from 1st time, I've looked thru the RemovedFiles folder in the Java folder and found what I think will put tones/notifications back in the OS: net_rim_bb_medialoader_ringtones_9500.cod and SMSWakeUp.cod. One other file I'm not sure about is MOD.cod. It's a large file (3.41 mb) but I can't place it with the other stuff I shrunk out. All of the language files and IM files are obvious but what the heck. I've seen where lyricidal and hookbill have replied to other posts and was hoping one of them would have the answer, but unless guided otherwise, I'm going to stick these files back in the Java folder, reload and see if I get things back together tomorrow.
    05-07-09 11:39 PM
    What a relief! I hoped someone else could relate, but I'm sorry for your misfortune, ironeddie. I'm thinking I may have done the same thing thinking the 9500 ringtones were for the 9500 (only) and checked to remove them. I couldn't remember, but the second attempt a couple of days later when I reloaded from another computer, I made sure I didn't shrink out the 9500 ringtones...to no avail. Now that I'm finally back on the computer I installed from 1st time, I've looked thru the RemovedFiles folder in the Java folder and found what I think will put tones/notifications back in the OS: net_rim_bb_medialoader_ringtones_9500.cod and SMSWakeUp.cod. One other file I'm not sure about is MOD.cod. It's a large file (3.41 mb) but I can't place it with the other stuff I shrunk out. All of the language files and IM files are obvious but what the heck. I've seen where lyricidal and hookbill have replied to other posts and was hoping one of them would have the answer, but unless guided otherwise, I'm going to stick these files back in the Java folder, reload and see if I get things back together tomorrow.
    SMSWakeUp.cod - for VZNavigator
    MOD.cod - VCAST Rhapsody Music On Demand
    the other file put back on there
    That has also been adjust in Shrink-A-OS to state Default Ringtones
    my apologies
    05-07-09 11:46 PM
    SMSWakeUp.cod - for VZNavigator
    MOD.cod - VCAST Rhapsody Music On Demand
    the other file put back on there
    That has also been adjust in Shrink-A-OS to state Default Ringtones
    my apologies
    Thanks! Those were two other things I shrunk out. I'm headed off to the big Graduation ceremonies so I'll run it this afternoon. Not a deal breaker...still have all the great Hybrid luxuries, just a little annoying missing a call/vibration.

Thanks again!!
    05-08-09 05:52 AM
    Hey guys. Dont know if it has been mentioned in the thread but is there a hybrid for the 9500 yet?
    05-08-09 11:08 AM
    Hey guys. Dont know if it has been mentioned in the thread but is there a hybrid for the 9500 yet?
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/95...d-beta-204517/ Also for 9500.
    05-08-09 11:14 AM
    wondering if anything can give me better instrutions on how to do this.. cause nothing is clear..
    05-08-09 06:06 PM
    Weatherbug is probably the problem!

Try SimpleWeather by DMG
    I second the motion! That's the first thing I did and it's been all good since!
    05-08-09 09:22 PM
    I'm having the same exact issue. Can anyone help? Also, I installed the hybrid loader but now I can't find it anywhere on my computer(32 bit vista). Any help wouldbe greatly appreciated!
    ironeddie- Did you get things fixed? I got mine back to before I accidently shrunk the ringtones from the OS w/o much effort. I don't know if you've followed the posts since your request above, but I'd be happy to share my solution to see if you can get yours back to normal. lyricidal mentioned he has since changed the Shrink-A-OS program wording to Default Ringtones to avoid confusion regarding the 9500 ringtones label. I should be PMable after this post.

lmk
    05-08-09 09:23 PM
    What about warranty/insurance? I have a Storm 9530 on Verizon that's 2 weeks old. If I install this hybrid is my warranty and/or insurance void?

I'd like to do this, but not if it's going to kill my chances of a replacement later if something happens to my Storm.
    05-08-09 10:16 PM
    What about warranty/insurance? I have a Storm 9530 on Verizon that's 2 weeks old. If I install this hybrid is my warranty and/or insurance void?

I'd like to do this, but not if it's going to kill my chances of a replacement later if something happens to my Storm.
    Installing an OS upgrade will NOT void your warranty. You can run your berry over with your car and still get a replacement. That's what you pay insurance premiums for.

Actually the insurance is through a 3rd party company and you don't even have to go through VZW for a replacement.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-08-09 10:28 PM
    or in another light...if you didn't purchase the 'run over it with a car' insurance and only have the manufactures 1 year warranty, changing the OS isn't going to affect manufacture's defects. You will however take the risk on not getting support from Verizon with a leaked OS on your device if you are having problems not related to the current official release offered. In other words, you might have to downgrade back to 4.7.0.075 if/when you encounter a warranty claim. Some have reported they got support with a leaked OS and some not. Putting .075 back on your Storm is as easy as loading .141 or whatever.
    05-08-09 11:33 PM
    Guess ill try it out soon. What does shrinking the os do btw?

05-09-09 12:02 AM
    Is upgrading to a hybrid like this any different than upgrading to a leaked os? I'm running .132 right now, what is the general recommendation on upgrading to this os?

05-09-09 12:12 AM
    Guess ill try it out soon. What does shrinking the os do btw?
    It frees up your Application Memory Free Space (Options/Memory) giving you more memory for other stuff. If you aren't using all the languages for instance or just using US English, not using some of the IM services, VCAST Rhapsody, VZNavigator, etc. If you go to the first of this thread, it gives instructions and links for this Hybrid and Shrink-A-OS is part of the package.

Thanks again, Lyricidal!
    05-09-09 12:39 AM
    I loaded it up yesterday. Instructions were great. So far it is the best OS I have had on it. Thanks Lyricidal and thanks crashin2cjk for the great step by step instructions!
    05-09-09 01:22 AM
    I got everything back to normal! Hairy, you are the man. People like you make crackberry the awesome community it is. Cheers!
    05-09-09 10:38 AM
    Your the best!

Lyricidal..! Lyricidal.. ! Lyricidal.. ! Lyricidal..! Lyricidal..!

Its alive.......! Lol

Big thanx to LYRICIDAL
    Amazing work and lots of effort for all of us crack heads..lol

05-09-09 10:51 AM
    Ok, I didn't press fix quick launch and fix lock, should I have done it?
    05-09-09 12:24 PM
    Lyricidal, I have never felt that way about another man, but if you want me, I'm game.

KIDDING!
    05-09-09 12:28 PM
    Am I understanding this correctly that this "lock" function locks the screen on calls? What about auto-locking? I use "ScreenLock" to lock the screen during calls and "AutoLock" to automatically lock the phone after the screen dims. Is this locking function doing the above? It would be great to know before I do this upgrade so I don't install an app that I won't need anymore.
    05-09-09 09:28 PM
    I installed this a few days ago and it seemed alright but has really gone down hill. Its really laggy, even after battery pulls, typing messages is also real bad, it takes so long for the phone to catch up to my typing.

Today i had a chance to compare with a Storm my nephew just got today, he is ofcourse still running .75 and his accelometer beat mine hands down!!
    05-09-09 09:58 PM
643 ... 2122232425 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD