Was never a huge fan of using a Hybrid, but gave it a shot since I miss using quicklaunch..Kudos on this build and the shrink OS software as well. Runnnig smoothly. Excellent work
    05-04-09 09:25 AM
    I've been using this hybrid for about three days now and I am LOVING it, thank you Lyricidal!!!

As far as memory, my experience has been exactly the same. I start with 48 after a battery pull and she settles around 33-34. However, given that I'm running a theme (Black Glass) and mad email/bbm traffic, I'm not at all concerned about it. If it drops below that I may give the memory a second thought but so far this has not been the case.
    Do you have the EDGE/edge issue?
    05-04-09 09:34 AM
    I know it's probably an app...but just wondering if anyone's having issues with the battery on this build?

I take my phone off the charger at about 6:30am...and by 10:30 I have 1/2 a battery left.

The only thing that is running is The Weather Network application, but it's set to do updates every hour rather than every 30 min.

I've done the battery pull (4 times) since upgrade...but the battery life doesn't seem to be what it was on .132.

Next is uninstalling that app., but if you're having battery issues too, please let me know.

Thanks!
    Shayne
    05-04-09 11:06 AM
    I went through all the steps and I always get a "No actions are required" message from AppLoader. I have .132 installed, I removed all other installs, i ran "5.0Hybrid.exe", it created C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9530-v4.7.0.132_P4.0.0.162 and launched ShrinkOS, I "shrank" and then I run AppLoader. It checks both configurations and then comes up with nothing to update. What am I missing?
    05-04-09 11:19 AM
    probably the app... just set it so it doesnt go off one day and see the difference.... i have my weatherbug app to go every 4 hours lol... i dont care about weather that much but i would like to have it to check when i want.
    05-04-09 11:20 AM
    I went through all the steps and I always get a "No actions are required" message from AppLoader. I have .132 installed, I removed all other installs, i ran "5.0Hybrid.exe", it created C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9530-v4.7.0.132_P4.0.0.162 and launched ShrinkOS, I "shrank" and then I run AppLoader. It checks both configurations and then comes up with nothing to update. What am I missing?
    i had that problem and i ended up deleting and reinstalling the 132 OS
    05-04-09 11:21 AM
    On just the PC or on both the PC and your phone?
    05-04-09 11:26 AM
    just the pc
    05-04-09 11:29 AM
    Ok I finally got it installed! Took me like two days, 2 bricks, and a thousand headaches, BUT seems totally worth it! Booting up with 45m and not loosing any mem like I was. MUCH faster than it was before and the only thing so far I see is a bit of a slower change going from landscape to portrait, other than that im very pleased. Thank you everyone (esp Lyridical) for the hard work and ALL of the help, I will be donating for sure.
    05-04-09 12:06 PM
    If you had the problem of "nothing to update" then you never had the hybrid, therefore there was no need to reinstall.
    05-04-09 12:06 PM
    Ok I finally got it installed! Took me like two days, 2 bricks, and a thousand headaches, BUT seems totally worth it! Booting up with 45m and not loosing any mem like I was. MUCH faster than it was before and the only thing so far I see is a bit of a slower change going from landscape to portrait, other than that im very pleased. Thank you everyone (esp Lyridical) for the hard work and ALL of the help, I will be donating for sure.
    what is the 23247 in your name megan?
    05-04-09 12:26 PM
    I upgraded from .113 last night and I'm VERY pleased! Although .113 was very smooth for me to begin with, this hybrid improved the following areas: Greatly improved Free Memory. I used to start in the low 40's and dip down to the mid 20's daily. Since installing this I started around 48 and 13 hours later I'm still around 39. Also, the Browser is MUCH faster. Site's come up almost instantly and switch between portrait and landscape flawlessly. I would HIGHLY recommend this hybrid!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-04-09 12:47 PM
    If you had the problem of "nothing to update" then you never had the hybrid, therefore there was no need to reinstall.
    Well, reinstalling worked for me as well. I didn't have any "hybrids" before. I was running the .132 leak. I think the issue was that I deleted (using Control Panel) the leaked .132 version. I'll wager that I should have only deleted the other previous versions that were still listed in the Control Panel.

After I reinstalled the .132 leak and ran the latest hybrid exe, I'm off and updating! I'll let everyone know how it turns out.
    05-04-09 12:48 PM
    Well, reinstalling worked for me as well. I didn't have any "hybrids" before. I was running the .132 leak. I think the issue was that I deleted (using Control Panel) the leaked .132 version. I'll wager that I should have only deleted the other previous versions that were still listed in the Control Panel.

After I reinstalled the .132 leak and ran the latest hybrid exe, I'm off and updating! I'll let everyone know how it turns out.
    hmmm....I think we are not understanding each other. But I'm glad it worked out for you.
    05-04-09 12:58 PM
    I'm glad you guys are having success with this build but I am seeing much more lag and bugginess than the regular .141 build.
    05-04-09 01:13 PM
    first of let me say great job on making this hybrid and thanks for all the hard work...

quick question tho, i was on crackmans v3 before this and my accelerometer was much faster and smoother then on this hybrid.. everthing else on this is awesome the keyboard the browser so i don't really want to go back.. is there a way to replace just the file/files that control that with what v3 had?

Thanks
    05-05-09 11:13 AM
    I loaded this last night and honestly don't see any difference between this and .132 leak. The memory is the same even after a shrink, and the performance of the phone is nearly identical.

It's nice to have it, but don't notice any discernable difference.
    05-05-09 11:58 AM
    I installed this about 5 days ago. Initially everything was good but over the past 2 days I have had 6 lock ups followed by crash screens and reboots. The accelerometer seems to sluggish and while I start out at 37 MB memory I quickly drop to 20. I only have 4 3rd party apps installed. I'm also getting more black clocks. I'm going back to 132 tonight.
    05-05-09 01:45 PM
    Just installed...went flawlessly as usual thanks to L. lookin pretty impressive . Way to go L .
    05-05-09 01:56 PM
    Amazing how different devices behave completely opposite. I'm one of the lucky ones I guess. Booted at 53 mb and holdin well.
    05-05-09 01:58 PM
    Memory is actually climbing! Up to 54.5 mb. Accelerometer seems just a wee bit slower but can live with it. Phone signal is better than 132 so far.
    05-05-09 02:04 PM
    im runnin straight .141 i am using storm slider and not having a problem...ive been reading alot just wondering if anyone has made the transition to this hybrid from .141 and if i would notice a difference?
    05-05-09 02:23 PM
    im runnin straight .141 i am using storm slider and not having a problem...ive been reading alot just wondering if anyone has made the transition to this hybrid from .141 and if i would notice a difference?
    I did. The main difference is increase memory if you use the shrink, and the lock works properly. Less clock spins too.
    05-05-09 02:26 PM
    So I have been reading for awhile and sitting with .75 since I got the phone in Dec. Was hesitant to upgrade since I am on BES.

After all the praise on this version I decided to take the plunge!

Everything appeared to go fine. Restored all the data and did the enterprise activation to link back to my email.

Version shows as v4.7.0.141 (Platform 4.0.0.174)

I then read of verifying some apps as being 5.0 instead of 4.7. So I go into Options-Advanced-Applications and everything says 4.7.0????

I read some about resending service books. How do I do that?
    05-05-09 02:47 PM
    My 1XEV either changes to 1xev or 1x..I did the *22899 trick and i THOUGHT it worked..anyone else run into this?

Also, what about random reboots with this??

Otherwise solid build..
    05-05-09 02:49 PM
643 ... 1819202122 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD