i made a new tutorial for the upgrade!

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/my...-links-220091/
    05-02-09 11:58 PM
    I seem to have 3 messages, but I don't have the 'Message' icon anymore. It seems to have disappeared. I showed all of my folders/files and none that are hidden are the Message center. Anyone know how to get that icon back?
    you need to make sure your date is set right on your BB, usualy thats what it is , good luck
    05-03-09 12:02 AM
    you need to make sure your date is set right on your BB, usualy thats what it is , good luck
    My date is set perfectly fine.
    05-03-09 12:03 AM
    will it say under the os version on my phone anywhere about the 5.0?
    05-03-09 12:34 AM
    looking at the original thread by lyric, i believe it won't because he actually includes it..."Platform/OS once installed: Platform .174 and OS version .141, but 5.0 is definitely there"
    05-03-09 01:41 AM
    on your phone go to Options > Advanced Options > Applications
    hit your BB button and select Modules. scroll down the list and youll see some files that are 5.0.0.90
    05-03-09 01:50 AM
    Is there still the MMS issue?

I did my best to read through all the previous posts and it sounds pretty solid? Just want to double check before going ahead. TIA
    05-03-09 05:39 AM
    Which one do I select "Leave system applications unchanged" or "Replace the device applications" when I updating my STORM with the .141/5.0 Hybrid.
    Choose replace. Then when it shows you all the files in a list, starting with the core files, take a look at the details. It will show you which version is installed and which one is available. If the one available is the hybrid, then just keep going with the install, everything should be fine. If the file versions are not what you want, then cancel out and it's back to figuring out what happened.

Hope this helps.
    05-03-09 05:46 AM

I did my best to read through all the previous posts and it sounds pretty solid? Just want to double check before going ahead. TIA
    from what i understand mms has been fixed since .132 and higher (including hyribds)
    05-03-09 07:09 AM

When you get to the installation you will see a button that says "fix mms issue." Press that and you should get a message saying it's fixed.
    05-03-09 07:12 AM
    The MMS issue has been fixed since .132 so no need to use that option.
    05-03-09 10:42 AM
    Heard awesome things! Too bad he hasn't made one for the 9500.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

you can run this on the 9500 you just have to use java files only and .90 radio and you should be good!
    05-03-09 10:55 AM
    This Hybrid is really chewing up the memory. 132 w/o hybrid = 45M free. 132 w/hybrid= 39M free.

Nothing else has been changed other than the OS load.
    05-03-09 11:03 AM
    I tried it and I love it!

05-03-09 11:04 AM
    I tried this and it nuked my BB the first time, and then once I got it working again it had shrunk everything regardless of what I told it to keep so I am now putting the stuff I need back on.
    05-03-09 11:07 AM
    This is the best OS to grace my Phone. Coming from me that's really saying something, as I believe I have tried every single one. Everything is very fast and I haven't found an issue yet.

05-03-09 11:12 AM
    Just installed this OS last evening. So far, so good....runs like a champ and Quicklaunch is working!
    05-03-09 02:00 PM
    I noticied it is a 5.0 OS - is this correct
    05-03-09 02:02 PM
    I noticied it is a 5.0 OS - is this correct
    It has 5.0 files in it, but the OS is still 4.7
    05-03-09 02:04 PM
    This OS smokes! Couldn't have been any easier to load. Nice job Lyricidal. Memory leak use to take me down to 20mb or so. Now I'm in the 40's consistently.
    Last edited by atcodum; 05-03-09 at 05:09 PM.
    05-03-09 05:06 PM
    What in the mother...my available memory is FIVE MB. That has never happened ever, and I didn't change anything else. Huge WTF.
    05-03-09 06:37 PM
    I finally got tired of waiting for an Official Update from Verizon. It had not been my top priority because both of my Storms were running very well on .75 with the obvious exception of the camera. However I began to see that some of the newer applications needed a higher upgrade to function (most notably Alarm Pro which I really need.) So, I took the plunge and did this upgrade (.75 to .132 to this .141 Hybrid.)

Unlike many here, I was not "blown away" by how much faster it is. It is slightly faster at some things but not very significantly. The change from portrait to landscape got faster after awhile, but is not really better than .75 was (I was blessed with good working versions of the .75.) Menus do seem to be getting faster to respond so perhaps more time is needed for the install to "mature."

However the camera is like night and day. It actually takes the picture when you press the button, not 5 seconds or more later;-) I also have more app memory (from an average of 26 to an average of 40 so far.) However, it dropped precipitously from .46 to .42 in just the first hour after the initial bater pulls. So, the jury is out on that for now.

The install was painless, all apps and most settings came back flawlessly, and the OS seems stable. So, all in all this was worth doing even though it is not as amazing for me as for others.
    05-03-09 06:40 PM
    What in the mother...my available memory is FIVE MB. That has never happened ever, and I didn't change anything else. Huge WTF.
    Do you by chance have GPS running?
    apparently the 141 GPS leaks bad
    I've updated the installers with .132 GPS and .132 radio file if you care to take a look
    05-03-09 06:40 PM
    Just the E911, that's it. I haven't used anything else with GPS. Haven't even used my phone today. BerryWeather updates once every three hours and that's the only thing that's been running, and it uses a zipcode I gave it, not GPS. I'll look into that if it's newer than what I would have downloaded last night, thanks for letting me know. Hopefully I won't nuke my phone this time, lol. Never did that before last night.
    05-03-09 06:49 PM
    So, when did you upload the new files? With my luck, I just missed them. I downloaded around 5:00 Eastern I think.
    05-03-09 06:54 PM
643 ... 1617181920 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD