ok i think i may have got it..... i right clicked the shrink a os and hit "run as administrator" idk that matters since i am the admin but it seemed to have work i did not get an error... so hopefully were good. updating again now..
    05-02-09 03:46 PM
    Running .75 now. Bottom line, Should I get it?
    05-02-09 03:59 PM
    So I loaded this loaded this hybrid on my 9500 and I'm surprised it loaded quick memory is higher and unlike other hybrids I've tried its very stable I don't know why I waited and was skeptical on loaded this
    05-02-09 04:14 PM
    Get it trust me just download 141 and download the 5.0 java files you will be good its stable fast and it makes my storm a great phone
    05-02-09 04:16 PM
    Seriously just do it. You're going to wonder why you waited so long with a piece of crap .75 Os

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-02-09 04:17 PM
    I'm trying to update right now, got a question. During the "wait for device initialization" phase of the update. how long does this part take? Also my device is not being recognized right now during this phase. Is this a problem or is it normal? Should i unplug the usb from the phone and plug it back in?
    05-02-09 04:24 PM
    Im running windows xp and I downloaded the 32 bit version of the hybrid installer... After I install the the program i get an error message saying that it failed to load the shrink an OS program. I wasnt interested in shrinking the OS so is it fine to go ahead and run the apploader that automatically popped up after the install? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    I had a similar problem, any help is appreciated as well.

I was running .132
    I downloaded the 32bit hybrid exe

I followed the instructions (although when to reconnect the BB is unclear)

I selected a bunch of things in shrink-a-OS, ran it, and got an error.

I ran the app loader (not from shrink OS, but from the big blackberry panel)

The process ran fine until the restore part, then at about 80% stopped and hung. On the BB I had a white screen with a "error 200"

Figuring I bricked, I unplugged and battery pulled. To my surprise, the BB turned on and had .141 on it. I checked the modules and there are a lot of 5 and .141 stuff on there.

All my emails and messages are missing, (I assume because that's the last part of the restore it didn't make it to)

So my BB works, but I'm pretty sure I have some half assed glitchy install on it. What should I do? JL wipe, install .132 on my PC, and try again?

Thanks
    05-02-09 04:28 PM
    I'm trying to update right now, got a question. During the "wait for device initialization" phase of the update. how long does this part take? Also my device is not being recognized right now during this phase. Is this a problem or is it normal? Should i unplug the usb from the phone and plug it back in?
    Normal, takes quite a while and DON'T TOUCH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    05-02-09 04:29 PM
    I made the jump from .75 last night. Glad I did! Assuming all goes well, you will be too.
    05-02-09 04:30 PM
    Just wanted to say thank you. Thanks to Lyricidal and bbCrackman and All you loyal Crackberry users for helping everyone out and me.

I just upgraded to .141 and i was using bbcrackman v3.5 and was going to goto .132 but then said screw it and ill goto .141. i was a little confused at first but after reading a ton of information on this forum and reading Lyricidal install instructions(twice) i laugh at my boy whois still on version .75.

Thanks again and i love that shrink os before the setup

Best Regards,

Activestorm

P.S if anyone is afraid to make the jump, dont be i was and its pretty simple when you spend about 15 minutes learning something fun and exciting.
    05-02-09 04:35 PM
    Normal, takes quite a while and DON'T TOUCH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ok great thanks for the quick reply...i do have to say though, when the screen turned on on my phone during Wait For Device Initialization phase it said it detected a SIM card and asked if i want it to automatically use CDMA or GRS or something like that, well i couldnt help myself and i clicked yes. Should i have not done that? Only askinf becasue you said dont touch it lol..and i did.

Thanks!!
    05-02-09 04:53 PM
    well it failed on device initialization so i disconnected it and checked the OS, it showed .141 and there were modules showing 5. looked like a sloppy install so i went back to .132 so im back at step 1 lol. ill have to try this again later. I followed the directions to the T and all seemed well until the 2nd to last step. Dont think i did anything wrong. i did lose USB connection during the install...actually i had a message saying device is not recognized so im guessing thats my problem right there,, so hopefully next try will work.
    05-02-09 05:40 PM
    well it failed on device initialization so i disconnected it and checked the OS, it showed .141 and there were modules showing 5. looked like a sloppy install so i went back to .132 so im back at step 1 lol. ill have to try this again later. I followed the directions to the T and all seemed well until the 2nd to last step. Dont think i did anything wrong. i did lose USB connection during the install...actually i had a message saying device is not recognized so im guessing thats my problem right there,, so hopefully next try will work.
    I don't get it. If you have 5.0 in your modules that should be successful. But if you say you disconnected from the USB, of course that would make it unsuccessful.

What does your platform read as?
    05-02-09 05:49 PM
    I don't get it. If you have 5.0 in your modules that should be successful. But if you say you disconnected from the USB, of course that would make it unsuccessful.

What does your platform read as?
    i didnt disconnect it during the update, it lost USB connection and had an error message saying"device is unrecognized" and the install failed, thats when i physically disconnected it, and i could tell that it was a bad install so i reverted back to .132. no biggie ill try again later. but i did notice i lost my web browser now lol. is there an easy way to get that back on there?
    05-02-09 06:00 PM
    i didnt disconnect it during the update, it lost USB connection and had an error message saying"device is unrecognized" and the install failed, thats when i physically disconnected it, and i could tell that it was a bad install so i reverted back to .132. no biggie ill try again later. but i did notice i lost my web browser now lol. is there an easy way to get that back on there?
    The Storm wil always disconnect when installing a new OS. That is the point where it hangs for quite a long time while it reboots and expands files. This is where you get the message "waiting for initialization" you will hear (if sound available) the USB disconnect and when it comes back the USB connect sounds. You will also, hopefully, see the phone reboot. HOWEVER I have never gotten a message that said device is unrecognized. Also, yes, seeing that screen about the SIM card being available is normal and I don't think it mattered that you pressed it, but when you try again, if you do, just wait and let it finish. Make sure you are not connecting your phone to a USB hub but directly to the computer which for some people makes a big difference.
    05-02-09 06:46 PM
    To get your browser back go to settings / Advanced Options / Host Routing Table / BB Button select Register Now
    05-02-09 06:48 PM
    how come after i did this hybrid install , my os says its 0.122, and play form .153... the 5.0 files worked and i saw them... i used the .132 os as stated to do in the 1st page.. any help would be nice thanks. =D
    05-02-09 06:50 PM
    ohh nvm i installed the .122 installer files lol..
    05-02-09 06:54 PM
    Go to Options > Advanced > Applications > BB Button > Modules. Scroll through and you should see files with 5.0.0.90 beside them.

Unlock is fixed in latest download as of at least two daays ago, maybe more.
    i looked in the module and all have 4.7...
    Last edited by theidoctor; 05-02-09 at 07:36 PM.
    05-02-09 07:32 PM
    READY SET...............GO.

I would recommend you do this........

Download 132. Install on your PC 132.

Update your phone with 132.

Finish.

Then unplug phone.

Close BB Manager.

Download the EXE on Lyricidal's page. Link is at the top of this thread.

Most have the 32 BIT VERISON.

Run that EXE. It walks your right through it.

You can then delete everything you dont need.

Then you install right from there. Not even from the BB Manager.

Its soo easy, and so worth it.

I followed the exact steps... did the install... but when i check the modules, it still shows 4.7.0.132 for everything.

I have gone back to earlier versions 4 times now. I have unintalled all os's on my pc. I have deleted everything I can think of.

Still only shows 4.7.0.132 for all modules.

Suggestions?
    05-02-09 07:47 PM
    I followed the exact steps... did the install... but when i check the modules, it still shows 4.7.0.132 for everything.

I have gone back to earlier versions 4 times now. I have unintalled all os's on my pc. I have deleted everything I can think of.

Still only shows 4.7.0.132 for all modules.

Suggestions?
    im having the same problem with my install...
    05-02-09 07:49 PM
    im having the same problem with my install...
    are you guys 100% sure you are pointing the Hybrid installer to the right directory - are your main hard drives both C:/
    Maybe you guys got the wrong installer
    Right Click My Computer and click Properties and see what it says for System Type:
    other wise I would try copying and pasting the files
    05-02-09 07:54 PM
    are you guys 100% sure you are pointing the Hybrid installer to the right directory - are your main hard drives both C:/
    Right Click My Computer and click Properties and see what it says for System Type:
    Absolutly positive. good old fashion windows xp. standard installs of all os stuff and of the hybrid files. nothing fancy what so ever. good old fashion 32 bit system.

How do you recommend copying and pasting the files?
    05-02-09 07:56 PM
    Absolutly positive. good old fashion windows xp. standard installs of all os stuff and of the hybrid files. nothing fancy what so ever. good old fashion 32 bit system.

How do you recommend copying and pasting the files?
    Download the Java only .rar
    and take a look at www.theiexplorers.com/howto.html
    Last edited by lyricidal; 05-02-09 at 08:00 PM.
    05-02-09 07:57 PM
    i guess so... all i did was download the .141 then install that... and ran the installer. then it took me to shrink then i clicked the other exe and the apploader popped up
    05-02-09 07:58 PM
643 ... 1213141516 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD