I am experiencing the same issue as well
    05-01-09 12:39 PM
    i'm having the exact same problem that hookbill had. I did not change any file names, i'm upgrading from .132, the Java shows a modification. I have .132 installed on the computer. Every time I run the installer it tells me no further action is needed.
    Tell me what you did exactly...

You started with .132 on your computer, take me from there.

BTW, make sure that is the only OS on the computer.
    05-01-09 12:39 PM
    Go to Options, About, what does it say for your OS version and Platform?
    v4.7.0.122 (Platform 4.0.0.153)
    05-01-09 12:40 PM
    This OS is DOPE!!!!! BB browser is finally worthy of use... lol
    05-01-09 12:44 PM
    v4.7.0.122 (Platform 4.0.0.153)
    It didn't work, your phone didn't update.

I would update to .141 and then copy the java folder over, but you may not have the Lock/unlock fix or the quicklaunch (if you even have that program) fix
    05-01-09 12:46 PM
    Tell me what you did exactly...

You started with .132 on your computer, take me from there.

BTW, make sure that is the only OS on the computer.
    Its the only one I know of. I upgraded straight from .75 to .132 a few days ago.

I downloaded the 5.0hybrid.exe file. It runs the installer then opens the os shrink program. I didn't shrink anything, closed it, clicked next on the installer, it read the configuration, then told me to select apps to be removed or added to my device, i hit next and it says no actions are required and finish. It doesn't install anything.
    05-01-09 12:48 PM
    Its the only one I know of. I upgraded straight from .75 to .132 a few days ago.

I downloaded the 5.0hybrid.exe file. It runs the installer then opens the os shrink program. I didn't shrink anything, closed it, clicked next on the installer, it read the configuration, then told me to select apps to be removed or added to my device, i hit next and it says no actions are required and finish. It doesn't install anything.
    Seems like something happened with the Installer where the files weren't installed properly. Did you change the name of the destination or anything when it you ran 5.0hybrid.exe?
    05-01-09 12:56 PM
    Real quick...

I'm on .132 already but would really like the 5.0 files...

-Just download and run the 32 bit version at the top of this thread.

-install on computer

-plug in berry

Open what?

Run what?

I like .132, Have had NO problems. I would just like to have theses files from 5.0...

Thanks for your time!
    05-01-09 01:01 PM
    Seems like something happened with the Installer where the files weren't installed properly. Did you change the name of the destination or anything when it you ran 5.0hybrid.exe?

nope. installed on whatever default path was there.
    05-01-09 01:04 PM
    Correct me if I'm wrong--we should be seeing 4.7.0.141, platform 174, with 52 5.0 files, 3 132 files, and the rest 141 files.
    05-01-09 01:05 PM
    Real quick...

I'm on .132 already but would really like the 5.0 files...

-Just download and run the 32 bit version at the top of this thread.

-install on computer

-plug in berry

Open what?

Run what?

I like .132, Have had NO problems. I would just like to have theses files from 5.0...

Thanks for your time!
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader

Double click, loader.exe then click next till your phone updates.
    05-01-09 01:06 PM
    nope. installed on whatever default path was there.
    go Here and tell me what folder you see:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files
    05-01-09 01:07 PM
    Correct me if I'm wrong--we should be seeing 4.7.0.141, platform 174, with 52 5.0 files, 3 132 files, and the rest 141 files.

The OS version and platform are correct.

I don't know the exact number of files, but that seems right to me.
    05-01-09 01:08 PM
    go Here and tell me what folder you see:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files

9530-v4.7.0.132_P4.0.0.162
    05-01-09 01:11 PM
    9530-v4.7.0.132_P4.0.0.162
    Very odd, I would run the installer again.

Then try one more time.

I am not sure why it is not wanting to update your phone.

When Loader.exe runs, it recognizes your phone right?
    05-01-09 01:14 PM
    Very odd, I would run the installer again.

Then try one more time.

I am not sure why it is not wanting to update your phone.

When Loader.exe runs, it recognizes your phone right?
    yeah it recognizes it. Pin shows up no problem.

I'm going to delete and download the installer again.
    05-01-09 01:28 PM
    I can't get this Hybrid to install correctly no matter how I try. After the install, the phone boots to a black and white inbox with the e-mail from Verizion saying I reg'd on the network (But not the BB e-mail), and thats ALL it does. if its plugged into the USB the clock app will start on the reboot, but when I back out of it, it dumps me into the B&W inbox with no way to get out. The BB button brings up the menu for the e-mail, but won't close or goto the home screen.

What I did:
    Installed .141 than,
    I tried copying the .132 COD files over manually to get QL to work, no Dice

removed, installed .141 again, rebooted PC and ran Build-a-Hyrbid, again no dice.

Than tried repair install on .141 and tried a fresh, non-shrank or Hybrid build, and still the same issue.

Uninstalled .141 and my .132 hybrid put on fine. I don't get it. Does .141 not show itself as the most upto date so its not loading correctly with the .132Hybrid and BBCrackmans v3.5 installed?

132H installs just fine with my older v3.5 hybrid installed on the PC, so I would assume with .141 apploader would grab that as the newest release.

BTW: Vendor.xml is deleted, and I disconnect the internet before running apploader or I get a pop up about downgrading.
    05-01-09 01:48 PM
    Kk thanks guys. I just wasn't sure. Downloading

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-01-09 01:56 PM
    So I've got this up and running without any problems. Install was nice and quick using apploader. Under 20 minutes.
    Overall it seems very stable and quick. I did notice that I don't have the blue status bar after a battery pull but I think I've read that's normal with these 5.0 builds. Right?
    Also I'm now booting at 42.4 MB. A little less than I was at with OneOfaKindDPC's slimmed 132 OS.
    Another thing... the Shrink an OS didn't remove my sample wallpapers after I told it to. No biggie.
    As long as this OS stays snappy, holds high memory, and gives me good battery life I'll be happy. Let's see how it holds up.
    05-01-09 02:06 PM
    This Os Rocks So Far--have Been Running A Couple Of Hours Need A Findings Thread To Start!! Thanks Lyricidal
    05-01-09 02:08 PM
    good solid build. I installed it last night and my memory has been really high in the high 30's low 40's. love it. very fast, especially with my new theme. Hopefully Verizon gets a hint with this OS.
    05-01-09 02:09 PM
    Oh yeah, one more thing. When I loaded OneOfaKindDPC's slimmed 132 OS I lost Wordmole. It didn't come back with this install even though I see it in my Java folder and C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9530-v4.7.0.132_P4.0.0.162.
    Any way of restoring it?
    05-01-09 02:11 PM
    yeah it recognizes it. Pin shows up no problem.

I'm going to delete and download the installer again.

still doing the same thing as before. HMMM...........
    05-01-09 02:15 PM
    OK i downloaded everything to install this thing correctly.. i went from 141 back down to 132 so i could do the hybrid but when i try to do the install the phone is plugged in but the connection port is blank and it will not let me click the box to detect one. What do i do from here? I really wanna try this OS since everybody is talking about it
    05-01-09 02:17 PM
    Oh yeah, one more thing. When I loaded OneOfaKindDPC's slimmed 132 OS I lost Wordmole. It didn't come back with this install even though I see it in my Java folder and C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9530-v4.7.0.132_P4.0.0.162.
    Any way of restoring it?
    You can check by going to DM, opening Application Loader, Add/Remove Applications.
    05-01-09 02:17 PM
643 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD