I did launch the loader. It says no actions required then finish. It's very fast and my phone didn't reset or anything. Is this correct?
    No, it has to install on your phone.

I would uninstall .141 from the computer. Install .132 then run the Installer that Lyricidal built. It will make it the easiest.
    05-01-09 09:47 AM
    4.7.0.132 needs to be installed first onto your computer. Did you do that first?

Download 4.7.0.132 and install: I'd give you a link but I need more posts. Google it.

After it is installed run the 5.0Hybrid.exe. Then click launch loader.exe after you choose what you want pruned. The loader should then pick up the core files and install.
    05-01-09 09:47 AM
    Hmm, it shouldn't have done it THAT quickly, but you can tell by going to, Options, Advanced Options, Applications, BB Button, Modules, Scroll Down and look for 5.0.0.90

If you see a few of them, you are good.
    Nope, not there. Java file was definitely modified.

This is the second time this has happened to me while trying to install a Hybrid.

Don't want to give up. Any suggestions.
    05-01-09 09:50 AM
    Nope, not there. Java file was definitely modified.

This is the second time this has happened to me while trying to install a Hybrid.

Don't want to give up. Any suggestions.
    You have 2 choices, you can either uninstall .141 then install .132 and use the Installer that Lyricidal built to copy the java files for you then install the OS on your phone.

OR

You can download the 5.0 files folder HERE and copy that into your java folder and run loader.exe.

The second option will not fix the Lock/Unlock bug or the QuickLaunch Bug.
    05-01-09 09:53 AM
    I am still currently running .75 with the Storm Today Plus theme.

Will Downloading a hybrid OS effect my theme at all??
    05-01-09 09:54 AM
    You have 2 choices, you can either uninstall .141 then install .132 and use the Installer that Lyricidal built to copy the java files for you then install the OS on your phone.

OR

You can download the 5.0 files folder HERE and copy that into your java folder and run loader.exe.

The second option will not fix the Lock/Unlock bug or the QuickLaunch Bug.
    No, the lock bug doesn't bother me or the quick launch. Is it really that much better? I'll do it if you say so. And would I have to use DM if I go that way?
    05-01-09 09:57 AM
    I am still currently running .75 with the Storm Today Plus theme.

Will Downloading a hybrid OS effect my theme at all??
    It could. It will not affect the way it looks, etc.. But sometimes applications that are installed before the OS is updated do not work/function the same after the update.

The worst case scenario is that you would have to uninstall and reinstall your theme after the update.
    05-01-09 09:57 AM
    this is the best os so far, for my storm anyway!!!
    05-01-09 09:58 AM
    No, the lock bug doesn't bother me or the quick launch. Is it really that much better? I'll do it if you say so.
    I just updated this morning.

I am not a good person to give you an assessment. I also updated from .132 to this so it would be unfair as it could be the change from .132 > .141 that did it and not the 5.0 files.

If you are happy, I would stay put.
    05-01-09 10:00 AM
    Hook... if you don't care about the lock issue or QuickLaunch, using the 5.0 files and unzipping them into the 141 java folder is probably the easiest way to get it done (smallest download too).

I personally suggest shrinking it, to at least remove some of the silly stuff that you never use. Having the additional memory (like the default wallpaper takes up a few MBs) never hurts.
    05-01-09 10:03 AM
    Thanks for your help guys. I think I'll just stay with .141. Maybe lyricidal will come up with an exe loader specifically for that.

I'll bet the reason my cma and java folders how modified is because I changed the name. I'll change it back.
    05-01-09 10:08 AM
    Thanks for your help guys. I think I'll just stay with .141. Maybe lyricidal will come up with an exe loader specifically for that.

I'll bet the reason my cma and java folders how modified is because I changed the name. I'll change it back.
    WAIT, you changed the name of your folder????

That is why it didn't update.
    05-01-09 10:13 AM
    WAIT, you changed the name of your folder????

That is why it didn't update.
    Isn't that what you told me to do????
    05-01-09 10:16 AM
    Starting over. Changed name back the only difference was the number .141
    05-01-09 10:21 AM
    Nope.

The program was asking where you wanted the files to go, if you change the Folder name then the computer won't find the OS anymore, that's why it totally skipped updating.

Change the filename of the folder back to EXACTLY what it was before. The you can copy the 5.0 files if you still want to update.

BTW: If you had left the name changed and copied the 5.0 files, it still would have skipped updating.
    05-01-09 10:23 AM
    Going to see if I have a restore point. The second attempt failed too. I copied what you had for the name, so if was suppose to be something else, I don't know what it was.

Would System Restore help IF i have a restore point?

Edit, well that idea won't work. My only choice now would be uninstall and reinstall .132. I'll stand pat.
    05-01-09 10:31 AM
    Quick question: Since this hybrid is using the Bold 5.0 browser, can you edit url and search text in it? I know this feature is broken in the leaked os's for the 4.7 bb browser.
    05-01-09 10:32 AM
    I ran it over .141 and I have had no problems and everything runs great.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-01-09 10:34 AM
    Going to see if I have a restore point. The second attempt failed too. I copied what you had for the name, so if was suppose to be something else, I don't know what it was.

Would System Restore help IF i have a restore point?

Edit, well that idea won't work. My only choice now would be uninstall and reinstall .132. I'll stand pat.
    I wouldn't do the system restore, I'll find the name for you. Give me a sec.
    05-01-09 10:34 AM
    I wouldn't do the system restore, I'll find the name for you. Give me a sec.
    OK. I'll wait on you.
    05-01-09 10:36 AM
    This thing is a beast. transitions are so clean. memory steady. Quicklaunch fixed. Lock Fixed.

Its an amazing sort of thing. and i dont see more people trying to cram these hybrids down peoples throat.

This thing is out of control.

Keeps everything of 141 that means anything discards the rest and subs in 5.0.

AMAZING. Get Big Lyricidal!!!!

Have to try it. Its so amazingly simple. ten times better then standalone 141.

Here is the link to the greatest thing that ever happened to the blackberry storm.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/95...d-beta-204517/
    I couldn`t agree more. Got hold of the 9500 files 5.0.0.90 and created a hybrid and presto all the benefits of 4.7.0.141 with functional keylock and Quicklaunch. Memory sits at approx 42 mb and battery life good !! Used 141 radio.
    Remember for Storm 9500 and I have no idea how a 9530 Storm will work.
    Last edited by 654321ROD; 05-01-09 at 10:43 AM.
    05-01-09 10:38 AM
    9530-v4.7.0.141_P4.0.0.174

That should be it
    05-01-09 10:38 AM
    I can install right on top of .141 right?

Nevermind, saw my answer above. I'm a wee bit impatient lol.
    05-01-09 10:40 AM
    Once you rename the Folder back. Open it up, and list the files by Details.

Then tell me what the earliest dates are for the Date modified. I am still curious as to whether the files were copied into the folder or not.
    05-01-09 10:40 AM
    I can install right on top of .141 right?
    Yes, you can...
    05-01-09 10:41 AM
643 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD