I am not a fan of the slimmed down OS's. I CAN see how they would run faster though.

I like my fonts and Docs to Go, etc... Seems like it takes away from the phone.
    05-01-09 07:58 AM
    I am not a fan of the slimmed down OS's. I CAN see how they would run faster though.

I agree. That's why I've stayed away from them since the first I tried. If this one is different (e.g. That stuff wasn't missing), I'd jump right on board. This is why I am interested in knowing what's missing from this one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-01-09 08:06 AM
    Mark... Lyr's shrink program allows you to specifically choose the options you want to slim down. For example, I use Docs to go for Word and Excel, but not PowerPoint. I also got rid of the default wallpapers and the messaging programs I don't use.

You can keep the fonts and Docs to Go (and anything else you may want), but slim down the stuff that you would never use.
    05-01-09 08:07 AM
    SOTK... the only things missing are what you tell it to take out. If you don't check any of the boxes and click "Shrink my OS" you will have a full version with just the newest files.

This is a full hybrid by itself, it just allows you to shrink it if you choose to.
    05-01-09 08:08 AM

But you choose what stays and what goes. You can keep a lot of everything if you want.

Check it out. Super sleek.

05-01-09 08:09 AM
    So the install is not slimmed down already?

I know the earlier versions were that's why I have stood clear.
    05-01-09 08:10 AM
    So does thia work on 9530? Or not.. It does say 9000 I'm just wondering

05-01-09 08:11 AM
    So does thia work on 9530? Or not.. It does say 9000 I'm just wondering

It is for the 9530, the reason you see 9000 is because the 5.0 files were taken from the 9000 OS.

Don't worry, it works.
    05-01-09 08:13 AM
    Mark... ever since Lyr create his shrinking program, his hybrids are the full install and the EXE automatically runs the shrink program. If you don't choose to shrink anything out of it, you have the full OS. I know some other hybrid makers automatically shrink it, but Lyr's is all about options.

Orim... this is for the 9530... the post says 9000 because it uses all the working 5.0 files from the leaked Bold OS.
    05-01-09 08:14 AM
    Hands up to being inept at roms etc I just about managed to go to 131 without paperwieghting the phone. Then tried 9500 141 build and the ql bug did my nut so reverted back to 131 and bricked the phone in process, a lot of cb help later its running again. Anyways my q is this will this hybrid run on a 9500 if it can would someone do a walkthrough of how to fix the ql bug or is it already sorted with the hybrid as I said I've only just started to install beta os and am not mega computer minded or literate...many thanks for reading

05-01-09 08:16 AM
    SOTK... the only things missing are what you tell it to take out. If you don't check any of the boxes and click "Shrink my OS" you will have a full version with just the newest files.

This is a full hybrid by itself, it just allows you to shrink it if you choose to.
    Sounds great then. Thanks! I'll give it a go!
    05-01-09 08:17 AM
    Agreed. ******* awesome hybrid.
    05-01-09 08:24 AM
    steve... this OS is only for the 9530. I used Lyr's newest OS Shrink to fix my QL issue for 141 and it worked great, but supposedly others are having problems.

When I ran the shrink program, the first thing I did was click the Fix QL button. Someone suggested that Flickr was causing the problem, but I have no idea as to the validity of that. I do know that I chose to check the box to shrink Flickr out of the OS and I didn't have a problem.
    05-01-09 08:24 AM
    installing now, thanks! easy as pie to do, so no worries to those who may be nervous...
    05-01-09 08:26 AM
    For those with 9500's

I have not used the installer, but what this program is doing is copying the Java files (which include the new .141 and modified ones to fix lock problem, etc.. and the 5.0 files) and the .sfi file as well.

Just take the java files (the link for them is in the OP) and place them in the java folder, then use your 9500 .sfi file and you have the same Hybrid as the 9530 users do.

It's really not that complicated. You just can't use the installer.
    05-01-09 08:30 AM

Bah, I bit, and installed this, shouldn't of. Killed my radio, no bars (from 3-4 in my office). Funny thing is that I had OneofaKind's hybrid and that was absolutely the best one I have ever tried (and like you tried just about them all).

I can't comment for this version besides saying once I realized that the radio had no bars it killed it for me obviously. Also, Slacker radio did not work for me, I guess I could have removed and reinstalled it, but I am just going back to the Oneofakind hybrid version anyway, time to wipe clean and redo.

If any of you out there are happy with the version you have, stick with it, for whatever reason, some of these versions work great for some and horrible for others.
    05-01-09 09:07 AM

Bah, I bit, and installed this, shouldn't of. Killed my radio, no bars (from 3-4 in my office). Funny thing is that I had OneofaKind's hybrid and that was absolutely the best one I have ever tried (and like you tried just about them all).

I can't comment for this version besides saying once I realized that the radio had no bars it killed it for me obviously. Also, Slacker radio did not work for me, I guess I could have removed and reinstalled it, but I am just going back to the Oneofakind hybrid version anyway, time to wipe clean and redo.

If any of you out there are happy with the version you have, stick with it, for whatever reason, some of these versions work great for some and horrible for others.
    Sounds like it is the .sfi file. That would be the only part that would change your reception. Use Lyricidal's Swap-A-Radio and go to the .132 Radio Code (.sfi), I bet your troubles will be fixed.
    05-01-09 09:13 AM
    All bases are covered with lyric...thanks mark..

05-01-09 09:27 AM
    All bases are covered with lyric...thanks mark..

Not sure what you mean by bases being covered, but you're welcome.
    05-01-09 09:30 AM
    I launched loader exe. and nothing appeared to happen! I can't believe an OS loaded, what did I do wrong? I changed the name of the destination folder as instructed. I did not shrink the OS.

Do I have to remove the previous system? Very confused now. Help is appreciated.
    05-01-09 09:33 AM
    I launched loader exe. and nothing appeared to happen! I can't believe an OS loaded, what did I do wrong? I changed the name of the destination folder as instructed. I did not shrink the OS.

Do I have to remove the previous system? Very confused now. Help is appreciated.
    It copied the files to the folder? Go to your folder in:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files

Open it up, and then open the Java Folder, what are the dates modified for those files?

No, you don't have to remove anything...
    05-01-09 09:37 AM
    It copied the files to the folder? Go to your folder in:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files

Open it up, and then open the Java Folder, what are the dates modified for those files?

No, you don't have to remove anything...
    It says modified today at 10:28. Man, that was painless. But How do I know it installed it in my phone?
    05-01-09 09:40 AM

Install 4.7.0.132 then run the 5.0Hybrid.exe. Now let it run the loader.exe. The rest should be self explanatory.

I must admit I was skeptical to update from .132. At first it seemed to run slow but 3 battery pulls later its all good. I've never browsed the internet so quickly from a phone! Speed is sweet.
    05-01-09 09:42 AM
    Install 4.7.0.132 then run the 5.0Hybrid.exe. Now let it run the loader.exe. The rest should be self explanatory.

I must admit I was skeptical to update from .132. At first it seemed to run slow but 3 battery pulls later its all good. I've never browsed the internet so quickly from a phone! Speed is sweet.
    I did launch the loader. It says no actions required then finish. It's very fast and my phone didn't reset or anything. Is this correct?
    05-01-09 09:44 AM
    It says modified today at 10:28. Man, that was painless. But How do I know it installed it in my phone?
    Hmm, it shouldn't have done it THAT quickly, but you can tell by going to, Options, Advanced Options, Applications, BB Button, Modules, Scroll Down and look for 5.0.0.90

If you see a few of them, you are good.
    05-01-09 09:46 AM
643 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD