I strongly feel that his hybrid is the best OS available for the 9530! I have been running it for 24 hours and its been great! I have only had one very weird prob with my storm slider and it wouldnt work for 5 minutes but some how it got fixed and its been working ever since.
    04-30-09 11:43 PM
    Simplest explanation.

Have 132 installed on your phone.

Then download the 141/5.0 shrink os EXE for your operation system on your PC. Most are 32 bit some are 64. Their is two of them.

Download and open.

It will ask if you want to change files...continue.

This swaps out the bad 132 with the hot 141/5.0.

Then it can shrink the os eliminating everything that isn't used to help your memory.

Run this shrink with the big SHRINK OS BUTTON.

Then run apploader right from there. Plug in storm.

It will detect new files and overwrite your 132 that you have installed on your phone.

Done and done.
    05-01-09 12:10 AM
    Simplest explanation.

Have 132 installed on your phone.

Then download the 141/5.0 shrink os EXE for your operation system on your PC. Most are 32 bit some are 64. Their is two of them.

Download and open.

It will ask if you want to change files...continue.

This swaps out the bad 132 with the hot 141/5.0.

Then it can shrink the os eliminating everything that isn't used to help your memory.

Run this shrink with the big SHRINK OS BUTTON.

Then run apploader right from there. Plug in storm.

It will detect new files and overwrite your 132 that you have installed on your phone.

Done and done.
    No backing up stuff on the phone first?
    05-01-09 12:37 AM

Always back up. Back up if you never have but the program upgrade backs up for you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-01-09 12:59 AM
    I'm backing up just in case.
    05-01-09 01:00 AM
    I'm not even gonna lie..this hybrid is really good. I've tried leaks on their own and I've usually been using BBCrackman's hybrids...but this one is pretty damn good.
    05-01-09 01:05 AM
    Always back up. Back up if you never have but the program upgrade backs up for you.

Yep,

Figured as much. Just wanted to make sure.
    05-01-09 01:07 AM
    ok i had .132 on my phone. then installed the hybrid through the link... but when my phone started up it had 9.87 memory free? then i did a reboot and the blue progress bar showed up? i thought it wasnt supposed to when using the 5.0 hybrids?

just rebooted and had 35.14mb free.. thank god.. but i show platform 4.0.0.162 and os version 4.7.0.132.. is this correct?
    05-01-09 01:11 AM
    100% agree. This thing gains memory, is smooth, everything works, it's fast, and just plain the s***. Great job man
    05-01-09 01:22 AM
    Listen, you guys can make whatever "hyrbid" that you want to, but the main reason that we are able to do it is because of lyricidal. His shrink a os, swap a radio and create a hybrid are essentials. No matter what kind of hybrid you run, you can pretty much guarantee that at least one portion of it has been influenced by lyric. +1+1
    05-01-09 01:22 AM
    Got That Runnin On My Storm Most Stable Os As Of Now Till Tha Official Rolls On Out!!
    05-01-09 01:40 AM
    Lyricidal, you made the storm what it should have been from day 1. thanks for all of the work that you have put into this thing. works great! most important thing for me was the QL fix. I can't function without that app lol.
    05-01-09 01:52 AM
    ugh ********* is it really nessesary for me to see this right before bed? i JUST went to .130 whatever and now this comes up? And by the way, is quicklaunch really THAT good? i just found out about it today.
    05-01-09 02:10 AM
    I'm in the process of installing this hybrid. This will be my first hybrid installation ever, but I've installed leaked versions many times.

I am curious what exactly is taken away from this hybrid to make it shrunked? Fonts? Sounds?

Any information will be helpful. Thanks.
    05-01-09 02:35 AM
    i've been running this hybrid for a little over ten minutes now, and i am seriously impressed so far... this is how this thing should run.
    05-01-09 02:49 AM
    So, what kind of stuff gets "shrunk"? The last time I tried a shrunk hybrid I like the speed and smoothness, but my OS was missing too much. For example, the fonts looked funny, was missing voice dialing, log file, games, etc. If it's not too much to ask, I'd love to know what's missing before trying it.

05-01-09 06:09 AM
    This thing is a beast. transitions are so clean. memory steady. Quicklaunch fixed. Lock Fixed.

Its an amazing sort of thing. and i dont see more people trying to cram these hybrids down peoples throat.

This thing is out of control.

Keeps everything of 141 that means anything discards the rest and subs in 5.0.

AMAZING. Get Big Lyricidal!!!!

Have to try it. Its so amazingly simple. ten times better then standalone 141.

Here is the link to the greatest thing that ever happened to the blackberry storm.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/95...d-beta-204517/
    Too bad its for the 9000 only

05-01-09 06:16 AM
    its not for the 9000, its for the 9530 but its a hybrid using file from the 9000 os. Thats why it is a hybrid.
    05-01-09 06:30 AM
    Long time time tinkerer, but never tried a hybrid.

I've heard the .141 battery life blows. Does this hybrid version increase the life?

Is there a way to select which items will be removed when the OS shrinks? If not, can someone list which features are automatically removed? Knowing what I'll lose prior to install will help me decide to install in the first place.

Thanks
    05-01-09 06:37 AM
    I'm just going to +1 all the positive things said here. I've been running Lyr's hybrids ever since his first hybrid with the Bold data.

Since then, I've tried every official and every "new latest and greatest" hybrid out there, and I always find myself coming right back to old faithful.

If you've never tried one of his hybrids... do yourself a favor and take the plunge. He's also helped save my @$$ after I bricked my wife's phone and saved me a night on the couch...

Thanks for making the Blackberry experience better Lyr!
    05-01-09 06:59 AM
    While I consider myself a computer literate person, it looks like a bit more then I want to tangle with. Basically I just want to thank the OP for putting in the link.
    05-01-09 07:01 AM
    It's really easy hook... I'm a banker, not a computer tech, and Lyr made it easy as can be. If you don't have QuickLaunch, then there isn't really a way you can mess it up.

If you are running 141 or 132 currently, just run the exe file for either the x32 or x64 version, and you're good to go. You check the options you don't need, click the shrink button, then click the button to run loader.

It's fast and easy... well worth the few minutes it takes. When I first started upgrading to hybrids I used Lyr's exe files and it was flawless.

When I upgraded my wife's on Windows 7, I ended up bricking her phone... but Lyr was right there to help me restore it.
    05-01-09 07:08 AM
    It's really easy hook... I'm a banker, not a computer tech, and Lyr made it easy as can be. If you don't have QuickLaunch, then there isn't really a way you can mess it up.

If you are running 141 or 132 currently, just run the exe file for either the x32 or x64 version, and you're good to go. You check the options you don't need, click the shrink button, then click the button to run loader.

It's fast and easy... well worth the few minutes it takes. When I first started upgrading to hybrids I used Lyr's exe files and it was flawless.

When I upgraded my wife's on Windows 7, I ended up bricking her phone... but Lyr was right there to help me restore it.
    Maybe I missed something. I'll definitely take another look at it later. Again thanks OP for the link.
    05-01-09 07:24 AM
    I installed it and am going to TRY it.

I was running oneofakindpc's slimmeddown.132 and was starting up with 50mbs of app memory. Now I'm already down to 32. Not happy about that. If the 5.0 features outweigh the loss of 18mbs of app memory, ill keep it...
    05-01-09 07:53 AM
    Maybe I missed something. I'll definitely take another look at it later. Again thanks OP for the link.
    Yeah I see it just takes clicking on an exe file. Just need to find some time to do it, will definitely give it a shot. Looking at the page I thought it was more complicated.
    05-01-09 07:54 AM
643 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD