This thing is a beast. transitions are so clean. memory steady. Quicklaunch fixed. Lock Fixed.

Its an amazing sort of thing. and i dont see more people trying to cram these hybrids down peoples throat.

This thing is out of control.

Keeps everything of 141 that means anything discards the rest and subs in 5.0.

AMAZING. Get Big Lyricidal!!!!

Have to try it. Its so amazingly simple. ten times better then standalone 141.

Here is the link to the greatest thing that ever happened to the blackberry storm.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/95...d-beta-204517/

Edit:

I see a lot of people having a hard time deciding not only because it sounds difficult but your coming from another leaked OS, or another hybrid.

My Recommendation, but please take care and at your own risk. This is true with any non-official update.

1) Dont have 141 installed on your phone. If your going to a hybrid of this sort it will not downgrade correctly. ( ie lock and quicklaunch will NOT be fixed )

2) Delete all OS's Installed on your PC, Not the exe files but the OS's ( you can have multiple OS's downloaded but not installed) . These can be found in "installed programs" in control panel. Make sure you only have Research in Motion Blackberry Manager Installed.

3) I Then installed the .132 Leak OS onto my computer.

4) I then Updated my phone with the .132 OS. Blackberry Manager works fine. You can appload.exe or what have you.

5) Takes 20 Mins.

6) Unplug BBerry.

7) Close BB Manager.

8) Download the HYBRID INSTALLER in the Link above. Most want the 32-bit Vista version, some might want the 64-bit version. You can check this in the My Computer stats.

9) Run this Hybrid EXE. What this does is takes the .132 Installed and replaces the files automatically with the 141/5.0(bold) os files.

10) Simple Right?

11) Make Sure you click the Shrink OS button IF IF IF IF you want to shrink it. Default Wallpapers is a good place to start.

12) Run Apploader.exe.........the button is right there.

13) It backs up...it installs...you are now in the sweet zone.

Hope this helps. Its drawn out but its far the easiest and straightforward.
    Last edited by crashin2cjk; 05-01-09 at 12:15 PM. Reason: Help
    04-30-09 10:21 PM
    I can agree with u he does a great job

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-30-09 10:23 PM
    great job it is.

Simply stunning interface, menus...shrink os program. my god.

Insane speed. Really awesome stuff.
    04-30-09 10:25 PM
    Where the heck is it? Link please.

04-30-09 10:27 PM
    I agree. It is best OS I've tried and I've been through a lot!

04-30-09 10:31 PM
    I agree. It is best OS I've tried and I've been through a lot!

I second this...tried a lot. This is fantastic.

Link added.
    04-30-09 10:34 PM
    I must admit, it's working good for me too. Some things in 141 wouldn't work and I had to keep rebooting to get then to work. It's Only been a couple of hours but I haven't had any issues yet, but I retained all the speed of 141.
    04-30-09 10:35 PM
    Yep, Lyricidal is also quick to answer if he is online. Additionally, he should work for BB because sometimes his OS versions are seemingly better than the Official versions.

Plus, and no additional charge, He usually won't cuss you out if your polite and are kicked back.

He helped me out last night -err- this morning when only CrackBerry heads are still tweaked, and was courteous enough to help me out even though it was really late/early and he was uploading updates for the hybrid.

Way Cool!!!

Here's to Lyricidal!!!!

Oh Yeah, GREAT OS, the Hybrid Almost forgot to stay on topic...

-- Joey
    04-30-09 10:44 PM
    does it give you the .141 radio?
    04-30-09 10:50 PM
    I wanted to make this like a little ode to Mr. Lyricidal.

I just want to keep this at the top of the board so it gets more people into the right Shiiiiistuff.

Its just that good. Try it. You will not be upset.
    04-30-09 10:51 PM
    it does give you the radio for 141

and the browser from bold 5.0 which is quite nice. I mean its not opera but its as close as bberry is gonna get for a while.

Its so hot.
    04-30-09 10:52 PM
    Heard awesome things! Too bad he hasn't made one for the 9500.

04-30-09 10:53 PM
    I'm pretty sure you can use it for the 9500. Just not the exe...but i could be mistaken.

Its using your 141 instead of 9530. Should do the same thing, but i would talk to lyricidal...or maybe he could shed some light.
    04-30-09 10:56 PM
    I'm trying to figure it out at the moment. I've kept up with all the leaks and many of the hybrids but have to admit his thread seems a bit over my head. Hoping I figure it out and working on it as I type.
    04-30-09 10:59 PM
    I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to this. Bricked my phone twice last night trying to fix the QL issue. Still couldn't fix it. I'm more of the straight forward exe installation. Had enough headaches.

04-30-09 11:02 PM
    READY SET...............GO.

I would recommend you do this........

Download 132. Install on your PC 132.

Update your phone with 132.

Finish.

Then unplug phone.

Close BB Manager.

Download the EXE on Lyricidal's page. Link is at the top of this thread.

Most have the 32 BIT VERISON.

Run that EXE. It walks your right through it.

You can then delete everything you dont need.

Then you install right from there. Not even from the BB Manager.

Its soo easy, and so worth it.
    04-30-09 11:07 PM
    I'm sure the hybrid is great, but I just have no desire putting any kind of hybrid on my phone. Not taking chances since I'm on BES. Plus, .141 is awesome for me. But cheers to those who are enjoying this hybrid.
    04-30-09 11:08 PM
    This keeps everything you need for BES. Its not deleting anything that would keep you away from it.
    04-30-09 11:09 PM
    ten times better then standalone 141.
    I don't notice any difference (other than the obvious lock and quicklaunch changes). Come on now, 10 times better? Did you even run 141?
    04-30-09 11:13 PM
    let's just say i'm enjoying this enough to keep it until full 5.0 becomes accessible. and yes i have been on all the leaks/hybrids since .109, including bbcrackmans 1-4. thanks for the great work lyricidal!
    04-30-09 11:14 PM
    I don't notice any difference (other than the obvious lock and quicklaunch changes). Come on now, 10 times better? Did you even run 141?

Come on. I would not post if I didn't try the original.

My memory would drop and drop. This is holding really nice. It is mostly 141 which is that cats a$$.

But it does kill the ql and lock problem which is big for me. Plus 5.0 browser.

10 times better might be a little over the top but it just made me happy that i could do this hybrid...once not 5 times. Have it work and be done.

Solid.

Try bouncing out of OS programs to APPs.

Such as message box to facebook notifications. So fast.

Browser is really nice.
    04-30-09 11:18 PM
    READY SET...............GO.

I would recommend you do this........

Download 132. Install on your PC 132.

Update your phone with 132.

Finish.

Then unplug phone.

Close BB Manager.

Download the EXE on Lyricidal's page. Link is at the top of this thread.

Most have the 32 BIT VERISON.

Run that EXE. It walks your right through it.

You can then delete everything you dont need.

Then you install right from there. Not even from the BB Manager.

Its soo easy, and so worth it.
    What is the exe file? I was running 132. I downloaded 141 to upgrade tonight and was already in the apploader when I changed my mind (had not started the actual upgrade but was on the screen that allowed me to choose my files). I canceled that after getting intrigued by all the talk about Lyrical's hybrid so I downloaded the 32 bit installer. After running the file it gave me an error message. The apploader popped back up and I went through the install. As far as I can tell I'm still on 4.7 and not 5.0 so I assume I somehow backed my way into simply upgrading to 141. Running with 27.7 memory although I have a decent number of apps installed (nothing too crazy though).

So do I download all the rars? And what's the difference between the 32 bit and the 64 bit? I hope I'm making some sense here.
    04-30-09 11:21 PM
    I wanted to make this like a little ode to Mr. Lyricidal.

I just want to keep this at the top of the board so it gets more people into the right Shiiiiistuff.

Its just that good. Try it. You will not be upset.
    QFT. I love it. Speed of .141, browser of 5.0.90, and locking functionality of .132 - what's not to love? This is what the 4.7 build should be. I'm wondering if the later builds of 4.7 run much like this hybrid? Not to far fetched since I understand alot of the dev work on 4.x.x carried over to 5.x
    04-30-09 11:35 PM
    What is the exe file? I was running 132. I downloaded 141 to upgrade tonight and was already in the apploader when I changed my mind (had not started the actual upgrade but was on the screen that allowed me to choose my files). I canceled that after getting intrigued by all the talk about Lyrical's hybrid so I downloaded the 32 bit installer. After running the file it gave me an error message. The apploader popped back up and I went through the install. As far as I can tell I'm still on 4.7 and not 5.0 so I assume I somehow backed my way into simply upgrading to 141. Running with 27.7 memory although I have a decent number of apps installed (nothing too crazy though).

So do I download all the rars? And what's the difference between the 32 bit and the 64 bit? I hope I'm making some sense here.
    In the c. program files. common files. research in motion. ??? _____Folder ( I forget don't have computer in front of me) there is a loader that will upgrade your os once you have installed the.exe to the comp. Run this loader and in a couple of screens, on the screen with all your programs and changes going to be made and checkboxes, there is a details box you can click and it will tell you what version number files you currently have and what it is going to upgrade to. Hope this helps some, kind of tedious typing from my 9530!! Would help more, butttttt

Last edited by millerxcrunning; 04-30-09 at 11:43 PM.
    04-30-09 11:39 PM
    couldn't get it to load so i loaded straight .141. don't know why????
    04-30-09 11:42 PM
643 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD