I wish more and more my Storm was an Iphone. Blackberry get your sh*t together. I'm sick of waiting for my phone to work half as well.
    Wow, I feel your frustration. I guess I'm just lucky...I've had my Storm about a week now, installed battery pull app, and the phone works fine. I wonder how many consumers there are out there whose Storms work fine, and simply don't belong to DBs like Crackberry...

The Chinese say the "Bridge that falls makes a thousand times the noise of one that stands..." Or something like that...

Good luck with your phone-if I were as frustrated as you, my Storm would be history!

Best,
    Steve in So Cal
    05-11-09 10:56 PM
    Backing out of the contact would cost more like $375 when you count the purchase of a new device. Iphone is far from perfect as well, especially if you try to use it in the enterprise. I like BlackBerries. I'd just really like to see RIM step it up and make this device what it should be. They are the gorrilla in the mobile phone biz not apple. Apple was able to get its sh*t together in 6months on their first try. Hire some legit engineers and get this crap worked out. There are enough of them out of work right now that would be happy to help.

I have to admire some of you folks's moxy on defending these devices. Its like I'm ranting about your Mom the way you folks defend this effed up device. I hope you work for RIM or have a silly amount of RIM stock that depends on this piece's success.
    Keep in mind that if you bought out the contract then you could sell your Storm for at least $300 on eBay. Not saying you should, just saying that it may be worth it if it frustrates you that much.

You should be able to use a PIN with the new version of StormSlider. I have it, but I don't use a PIN and I don't see how to change it either. Might send DMGLakewood a message and ask him.
    05-11-09 11:00 PM
    Yes we'd like the level of frustration on a scale of 1-10 (10 being higly frustrated) a 10 minute powerpoint presentation on all the aspects of your frustrations and a notarized
    letter on why RIM needs to get their crapp together.

Please submit your rant on professional letterhead, double spaced using 8pt Times New Roman font.

Thank you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    And don't forget at least 3 separate sources from scholarly journals with reference page in APA format.
    05-12-09 09:18 AM
    While I see your point, you aren't taking into the consideration the "out of the box" factor. Why cant the phone work right out of the box? Why should you have to dig to find tips and tricks that should make your phone work better? Why should you have to even put in the effort to put a leaked OS on the phone? The damn thing should work just fine "right out of the box". Verizon shouldn't even be selling this phone IMO. Yes I have tried almost every single leak and am currently using .132, and while it is better, it still isnt great. Most people that buy cell phones dont read forums they just go in and buy! Without this site I would have given up a long time ago. The fact that Verizon sells this phone to anyone that walks into the store is a crime.
    Yeah as a requirement, you should have to be a member of CB in order to buy a storm LOL.
    05-12-09 09:23 AM
    What's the deal with these "i wish i got an iphone" threads...

guy, sell your phone and buy an iphone
    05-12-09 09:35 AM
    I dont think the OP has to be specific with the problems because they have pretty much all been covered on this forum lol! Is there going to be a lemon law for this phone?
    You had 30 days to decide it wasn't for you, and for whatever reason, you elected to keep it. You have effectively waived your right to any remedy under any lemon laws.
    05-12-09 11:36 AM
    The Storm is jank, there is no arguing that...
    05-12-09 12:24 PM
    Do you post anything else besides complaints, complaints, complaints and complaints?????

EDIT: it's not jank btw, but JUNK is the correct spelling
    05-12-09 12:27 PM
    It is junk too, but jank is more accurate.
    05-12-09 12:31 PM
    It is junk too, but jank is more accurate.
    If you hate it so much and it's such JANK as you say, why don't you get yourself another phone? Obviously there are better ones out there, just like your neighbor has greener grass, ya know
    05-12-09 12:35 PM
    I'm sorry, but we've already reached our troll quota for this thread. Better luck next time. And no, it doesn't count that the other troll is an alter ego of yours.
    05-12-09 12:38 PM
    If you hate it so much and it's such JANK as you say, why don't you get yourself another phone? Obviously there are better ones out there, just like your neighbor has greener grass, ya know
    Yea but the neighbor's dog has to sh!t somewhere ...you barkin up a dead tree there olta. He and Stormsucks must be jank buddies cuz that's all they know to say

05-12-09 12:39 PM
    Do you post anything else besides complaints, complaints, complaints and complaints?????

EDIT: it's not jank btw, but JUNK is the correct spelling
    So has anyone managed to figure out what this "jank" is? At first I thought it was just a typo, but it'd have to be a repeated and consistent typo. Maybe we should all just come up with imaginary words. Mine will be rabbitola.
    05-12-09 12:41 PM
    Yea but the neighbor's dog has to sh!t somewhere ...you barkin up a dead tree there olta. He and Stormsucks must be jank buddies cuz that's all they know to say

You forgot CK
    05-12-09 12:50 PM
    You forgot CK
    Guess I've never seen him say the 'J' word *shrug*

*adds CK to the jank list*

05-12-09 12:56 PM
    So has anyone managed to figure out what this "jank" is? At first I thought it was just a typo, but it'd have to be a repeated and consistent typo. Maybe we should all just come up with imaginary words. Mine will be rabbitola.
    Ever heard of google? I though that even remedial computer users are aware of it, apparently not.
    05-12-09 02:35 PM
    jank - adj- broken; unnecessarily redundant, superfluous, or meaningless; stupid or ridiculously moronic; bootleg or of questionable
    05-12-09 02:39 PM
    Verizon really needs to release an update for the phone

05-12-09 10:58 PM
    Ever heard of google? I though that even remedial computer users are aware of it, apparently not.
    I'm still kind of bummed that you don't want to be my friend....

Neither of us add much to these discussions anyway.
    05-12-09 11:01 PM
    jank - adj- broken; unnecessarily redundant, superfluous, or meaningless; stupid or ridiculously moronic; bootleg or of questionable
    Kinda describes this thread

05-12-09 11:06 PM
    JANK....

Scorpio funny sig lol. Saw it today when I was on the computer.

Wish sigs would show up on WAP.

Rants and Jank

05-12-09 11:40 PM
    Well that's useful, since you didn't even mention a single specific example of what you're talking about.
    If u need him to give examples you must not own a storm.
    05-12-09 11:44 PM
    If u need him to give examples you must not own a storm.
    I own one... I've owned one since around late November. Worst problem I've ever really had, is some of the leaked builds seem to drain the battery faster than others.
    05-13-09 11:29 AM
    Sorry, I'm busy dealing with other things. Like some moron that put a memory stick pro duo into an SD slot on a built in card reader on a monitor. And confusing Dell's warranty people on whether or not my desktop certification translates to monitors as well. Had to harass some AASP to get their tech down to put in a 20" iMac G5 ALS power supply. I don't care if the guy lives in SF, works out of Oakland, and I'm down in the South Bay... If you call at about 1PM, saying you'll be a little late, then don't show until about 4:30PM the next day... That's just not a good way to do business. Especially when I have to call the AASP TWICE to before the tech calls me.

I have plenty of other things to be dealing with beyond you trying to sound smart by finding a seldom used word in the dictionary in a feeble effort to make yourself seem smart.
    05-13-09 11:40 AM
    Sorry, I'm busy dealing with other things. Like some moron that put a memory stick pro duo into an SD slot on a built in card reader on a monitor. And confusing Dell's warranty people on whether or not my desktop certification translates to monitors as well. Had to harass some AASP to get their tech down to put in a 20" iMac G5 ALS power supply. I don't care if the guy lives in SF, works out of Oakland, and I'm down in the South Bay... If you call at about 1PM, saying you'll be a little late, then don't show until about 4:30PM the next day... That's just not a good way to do business. Especially when I have to call the AASP TWICE to before the tech calls me.

I have plenty of other things to be dealing with beyond you trying to sound smart by finding a seldom used word in the dictionary in a feeble effort to make yourself seem smart.
    Actually, "jank" technically isn't a word. It's not officially recognized by Merriam-Webster. The definition that scorpiodsu gave was from urbandictionary.com. At most, it's slang.

As for the OP, I wouldn't wish the Storm was the iPhone that much. Yesterday my roommate calling me to pick up a part for the lawn mower on his iPhone. The call degraded to the point where I could only make out what seemed like 1 out of 10 words. I looked at my Storm and it had full reception and 1X EV. After his call, I called a friend on Verizon from that same spot and the call had no problems.

If that's the reception an iPhone gets in my area, then I'm definitely sticking with my Storm. Granted I know this might be an isolated incident, but stil...
    Last edited by Zipster; 05-13-09 at 11:54 AM.
    05-13-09 11:44 AM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD