Ok since we have finally seen the pics and we have all the specs.
    Would like to know everybodys take on this phone; it looks nice.
    I am still leaning toward it.
    1. Screen Size
    2. The Graphics Should Be Nice
    3. It's way better than what I have. xv6800.
    4. GPS
    5. It looks darn good.
    6. A host of apps
    7. Software layout/menus

So since u guys have used BB's before know the o/s
    what say everyone?
    Thanks
    S1
    10-08-08 12:28 AM
    My take is that it doesn't have wifi. So close to perfection, but now so far.
    10-08-08 12:32 AM
    I am impressed over all. However, I am a little uneasy by the across the board inconsistency with reviews of the Browser. Reviews are very mixed on the browser speed and efficiency. Oh well, better a software issue than a hardware issue, because those can easily be fixed with an update.
    10-08-08 12:35 AM
    I can't even function. I neeeeed it. I'm going to hawk my Curve 8330 on eBay and take the two or three hundred that comes my way and just fork over the difference.

Although, engadget's review about the non-smooth web browsing makes me a little nervous. But apparently everyone is loving the touchscreen, especially for typing and that is what I was most concerned about, because I email and send text messages a lot. A LOT.

SUPER EXCITED. I'm hoping... EARLY November? Rather than late? And I'm hoing the full retail isn't going to be over like $600...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-08-08 12:36 AM
    I'm totally stoked. It looks cooler than I thought. The alarm clock mode while docked is a def surprise. I always plug my berry in on the nightstand but never would have thought of that. Its cool they already have cases for it too. Can't wait! RIM will you marry me? Then you could be American!

10-08-08 12:38 AM
    I'm concerned about the environmental hermetics of the screen... most notably the edge of it. I know I'm harping on things here and I really like the phone, but we all know what a ***** it is now with pocket lint getting in on the current Blackberries. This won't be the case with this one, but people with seaty hands could have issues with the hardware glitching out due to sweat seeping in by the screen and onto the circuit subsystems of the phone.
    10-08-08 12:41 AM
    I'm concerned about the environmental hermetics of the screen... most notably the edge of it. I know I'm harping on things here and I really like the phone, but we all know what a ***** it is now with pocket lint getting in on the current Blackberries. This won't be the case with this one, but people with seaty hands could have issues with the hardware glitching out due to sweat seeping in by the screen and onto the circuit subsystems of the phone.
    Watches that have similar issues fog up. I'll be watching what happens when people walk outside of their warm offices in the winter.
    10-08-08 12:45 AM
    Yes, I agree--the alarm clock docking mode, though simple, is really really cool and actually useful!

10-08-08 12:46 AM
    Watches that have similar issues fog up. I'll be watching what happens when people walk outside of their warm offices in the winter.
    Yep, this is the constant bicker you always hear from me. It's the little kinks in the armor that RIM seems to miss in the R&D department. They concentrate so much on function that they loose touch (no pun intended) on the simple stuff like... what if this or that. You don't see this kind over overlooked stuff from other manufacturers.
    10-08-08 12:52 AM
    I'm concerned about the environmental hermetics of the screen... most notably the edge of it.
    oh damn that is a nasty gap! thats gonna be a major problem.
    10-08-08 12:52 AM
    This is going to be an amazing device...I think we all know that. Now I am just waiting for a real, hands-on video!
    10-08-08 12:53 AM
    oh damn that is a nasty gap! thats gonna be a major problem.
    How much you want to bet that you can put two thumbs on the screen and shimmy the screen around a bit within that surrounding gap? Even put a fingernail in the gap and move/slide/shim the screen a bit. I gota touch this thing to make sure, but that's a turnoff for me.
    10-08-08 12:55 AM
    I just read all the reviews on engadget, and gizmodo and even the comments both readers and the reviewers comments/reply's to them and I am STOKED. Sure they commented on the browser but its still not final yet, as for that screen that probably isn't a final version so that gap will probably be takin care of.

And who cares about WIFI. Verizon forces u to get a data plan w/ every blackberry and its going to have EV-DO Rev A which is crazy fast anyway. I just hope the dock comes with it, because that is one sexy alarm clock.
    10-08-08 12:57 AM
    while we wont know for sure until the retail units show up, that could be a shot of a pre-production unit that isnt completely finalized.
    10-08-08 12:59 AM
    as for that screen that probably isn't a final version so that gap will probably be takin care of.
    I wouldn't bet on it. The hardware is/was pretty much finalized, just polishing the OS remained.
    10-08-08 01:00 AM
    I wouldn't bet on it. The hardware is/was pretty much finalized, just polishing the OS remained.
    Hopefully that was just abused in the review =) but i sure hope they notice and re-examine it quickly.
    10-08-08 01:06 AM
    Only the phonescoop images have that gap there. I wonder why? I am gonna hold my judgment on that portion of the screen until later, but good point you bring up about the gaps there.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    10-08-08 01:07 AM
    the one thing i will throw out there, though is that more than one of the sites that have the pictures and reviews up now also have pictures of the device disassembled... which leads me to believe they werent complete factory sealed up units to begin with. perhaps they were/are but there's a good posibility the ones in the pics are not

maybe we could ask C_X if this is of concern to him in his opinion?
    10-08-08 01:08 AM
    I think the phone is amazing. It still has the bb feel but capture a wide audience now. The touch screen looks good, I just hope the glass is scratch proof, I'm sure it will be. For the life of me I'm starting to dispise sprint.

I think I can sum it up for sprint customers, damn we hate you sprint for always letting us down!

10-08-08 01:10 AM
    Well just in case make sure and get the TEC Asurion Insurance from Verizon haha.

My Voyager has been replaced twice I am getting the Titanium tomorrow due to difficulties with my 2nd Voyager. I only have to deal with this LG for one more month than I get this beauty BB-Storm!!!!!!
    10-08-08 01:59 AM
    I think the phone is amazing. It still has the bb feel but capture a wide audience now. The touch screen looks good, I just hope the glass is scratch proof, I'm sure it will be. For the life of me I'm starting to dispise sprint.

I think I can sum it up for sprint customers, damn we hate you sprint for always letting us down!

I was thinking about moving over to Sprint until I saw this phone;
    Sprint does open their phones up; and runs them at max specs.
    Yes this phone mad me stay; I reall didn't want to leave VZW
    as I have been with them for 4 yrs. SO I guess theres no place like home
    plus VZW's customer service is great; and the coverage.
    10-08-08 09:27 AM
    I want one!
    10-08-08 09:29 AM
    My take on a lot of niggling about the less-than-perfect seating of the screen as shown in the photos, and the browser not being as smooth as some would like is this:
    they're pre-production models. I'm quite sure RIM is going to take all this in, and deliver a device better polished in the time they have before it's slated to hit the store shelves.

I remember even the vaunted iPhone had pre-production models reviewed with similar comments on some physical imperfections and touchscreen/browser quirks. All fixed by the time people were waiting in line for days to buy one.

Personally, I'm quite excited with the direction RIM has taken with the touchscreen that also functions as a physically clickable GUI. It might not sound like much, but when you think about it...

Everything else about this Storm is sounding like it's going to be one Sweet machine. If any disappointments, it's that I'll have to be getting mine on Verizon - which almost default-guarantees they'll be disabling the built-in GPS and no Wi-Fi available.
    Never used them much, so I can live with it - but I know for a lot of other business users, that could really hurt.
    The lack of simultaneous voice & data transmission here in the U.S. is kind of a bummer too. But again, it isn't like that's a deal-breaker for me.

With RIMs announcement of updated developer tools, and their trying to improve Mac-support, the Storm is looking more and more like my next BlackBerry purchase.
    10-08-08 09:34 AM
    I can't wait to get this in my hands. On a side note it is actually storming here in Atlanta today. Also, I didn't see if anyone mentioned that the first impression video was now up on the VZW Storm page.

My one question though is whether or not that screen gap exists.
    10-08-08 09:36 AM
    yes, i'll def be trying this out in a few vzw stores before purchasing.
    10-08-08 09:44 AM
80 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD