Even if .148 passes Verizon testing.... (rumors say it is doing well, and testing ends sometime this month)....will Verizon release it or just hold on to it for a while? i don't want to get my hopes up for something that's not certain.
    05-25-09 01:51 AM
    Uncertainty breeds hope... You want to try getting hopeful for death and taxes?
    05-25-09 02:05 AM
    Even if Verizon doesn't release it...can we get it from the Blackberry site anyway?
    05-25-09 02:08 AM
    I really dont care what verizon releases next..by that time i will have an OS on my phone far more superior to what they release.
    05-25-09 02:11 AM
    Even if .148 passes Verizon testing.... (rumors say it is doing well, and testing ends sometime this month)....will Verizon release it or just hold on to it for a while? i don't want to get my hopes up for something that's not certain.
    Even if Verizon doesn't release it...can we get it from the Blackberry site anyway?

whats the point we already have it.... the leaks and the official are no differnet from one another... my opinion is that they need to do something fast to satisfy the storm owners.... by releasing the 5.0's
    05-25-09 02:13 AM
    It won't pass GPS is broken.
    05-25-09 02:19 AM
    whats the point we already have it.... the leaks and the official are no differnet from one another... my opinion is that they need to do something fast to satisfy the storm owners.... by releasing the 5.0's
    Why should they? They already have the money. They don't care.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-25-09 02:19 AM
    because you'd be surprised how many people browse these forums that are stuck on .75 because they are on BES and their IT disabled upgrades

edit: support is only offered to their devices using OFFICIAL versions. can you fathom how many corporate blackberry phones that could possibly account for?
    05-25-09 02:35 AM
    because you'd be surprised how many people browse these forums that are stuck on .75 because they are on BES and their IT disabled upgrades

edit: support is only offered to their devices using OFFICIAL versions. can you fathom how many corporate blackberry phones that could possibly account for?
    I never really thought about that.... I guess BIS customers are lucky to have leaks. Just another reason not to take leaks for granite.
    05-25-09 02:41 AM
    if Verizon releases 148 I'll keep with the hybrid that I currently have. it is way faster and better on memory than the normal 148 OS install.
    05-25-09 02:47 AM
    what gives??? i ended up back on .75!!!
    05-25-09 03:25 AM
    I never really thought about that.... I guess BIS customers are lucky to have leaks. Just another reason not to take leaks for granite.
    Lol... he said granite. True southerner.
    05-25-09 03:31 AM
    What's broken about it? I was just using it to find directions the other day on .148.
    05-25-09 03:47 AM
    What's broken about it? I was just using it to find directions the other day on .148.
    I'm curious too. I was using BB maps, maybe it doesn't work with google any more but never was for me I'm with Bell. I haven't bothered tryingthe GSM back to CDMA trick. I don't see the point of wasting what little app memory we have ny carting around two sets of maps anyway.

05-25-09 04:15 AM
    You must be doing something wrong. GPS works fine.

05-25-09 04:26 AM
    I think theres a problem with the video camera, it won't stop running in the background once opened and thats a huge battery waister so they probably won't release this build, other than that little bug though it has run next to perfect since upgrading, why can't they just get it right?
    05-25-09 06:05 AM
    I think theres a problem with the video camera, it won't stop running in the background once opened and thats a huge battery waister so they probably won't release this build, other than that little bug though it has run next to perfect since upgrading, why can't they just get it right?
    Even if you don't actually start recording? I just opened up the Video Camera and couldn't replicate what you describe, but was too lazy at this hour to actually try recording something.
    05-25-09 06:31 AM
    If .148 passes testing, why would Verizon not release it? that makes no sense. Also,

1) The GPS works fine on .148
    2) The video camera works fine also

With compliants like the two above, you can tell why the Storm gets such a bad reputation.
    05-25-09 06:49 AM
    i 2nd that..

GPS works,
    Video Camera shuts down when i want it to,
    Camera its pretty much as good as its going to get with the storm.
    Sound Volume is good, Locking is good, Color banding is still there but oh well it will never come back so suck it up, Battery for me has been the best out of all the other leaks, i feel Verizon will give this a go.
    05-25-09 07:01 AM
    At this point i have not heard any problems that would cause it to fail so far like we have seen in previous versions.

And like stated if it passes i would assume they release it as there is no benefit to holding back unless you have another build that is very close to passing also.
    05-25-09 08:45 AM
    You must be doing something wrong. GPS works fine.

he must not have it set to the ON position, he may only have it set for 911's only. It works fine for me and came in pretty handy the other day
    05-25-09 08:56 AM
    So far the major failures on .148 are all cosmetic. Should they be fixed? (Yes). Should .148 fail because of them? (I'd fail it.). The issue however is that RIM hasn't fixed there bugs in any of the 4.7 builds and just recently fixed "some" of them in 5. Kinda lame if you ask me.

05-25-09 09:03 AM
    What would be the purpose of spending a fortune in man-hours testing a software release if they had no intention of actually deploying it? If a release (.148 or some later release) passes the testing process (note that this is more than just technical testing, it also has to pass gates about the cost of the upgrade and the benefits of the upgrade) it will eventually be deployed. If they had no intention of updating the Storm they would not be wasting their money testing it.
    05-25-09 09:03 AM
    If .148 passes testing, why would Verizon not release it? that makes no sense. Also,

1) The GPS works fine on .148
    2) The video camera works fine also

With compliants like the two above, you can tell why the Storm gets such a bad reputation.
    One reason why Verizon may not release .148 is that it will be very expensive, and unless it is rock solid they risk another PR nightmare. They may just decide that the Storm is good enough.

And if the Storm 2 is about to come out when an OS is finally accepted, they wont have the resources to help a million Storm users upgrade, and to support the new Storm 2 at the same time. Believe me, the Storm 2 will get priority once it is released, and upgrading last years model will be a lower priority.
    05-25-09 09:43 AM
    honestly in my opinion even if the .148 passes verizon's testing i dont see them officially releasing it. they will prolly wait for the 5.0 to launch and see how it goes and if it goes well enough then offer it for the storm 2.
    05-25-09 10:45 AM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD