OK, when trying to load episodes at both ABC and FOX I get an error on their page that says only US users can view the full episodes. This implies to me that the browser is being seen as outside the USA.

YES! I'm in the USA.
    NO! My phone has never been outside the USA.

OS 103 on 9530. All seems well, no reboots, no battery issues, phone is fine, no issues so far.

Is there a setting I'm missing? Is it RIM perhaps?

Please, please, don't answer this with a question. Either you know or you don't. And please, leave the UNIX/Linux RTFM, do a search attitude behind, just don't answer. Been there, done that and find nothing.
    02-16-09 01:07 PM
    Damn. I'm almost not sure what to say to you since the harshness of your post demands that someone with a DEFINITE answer reply to you. Since no one here could possibly know the setting YOU have for YOUR browser, it's very possible that questions may be asked in order to help YOU out.
    02-16-09 01:11 PM
    I could be wrong here but since RIM is based in Canada, if we're browsing sites using our phone, is it possible that the IP address is tracing back to Canada?
    02-16-09 01:23 PM
    I could be wrong here but since RIM is based in Canada, if we're browsing sites using our phone, is it possible that the IP address is tracing back to Canada?
    Yep, that's why I asked if it was perhaps a RIM issue. That could be it I guess.
    02-16-09 01:35 PM
    Damn. I'm almost not sure what to say to you since the harshness of your post demands that someone with a DEFINITE answer reply to you. Since no one here could possibly know the setting YOU have for YOUR browser, it's very possible that questions may be asked in order to help YOU out.
    My apologies. I do a lot of tech support and answer a lot of questions and end up talking to manufacturers reps with the standard scripts full of dumb *** questions that will drive you nuts!

Anyway I'll check my broswer settings again but I found nothing there the last time I looked.
    02-16-09 01:38 PM
    What site are you going to to get full episodes? The mobile versions of fox and abc don't have em.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-09 04:38 PM
    It's because RIM's servers are (generally) outside the US therefore your proxy IP is outside the US.
    02-16-09 04:58 PM
    What site are you going to to get full episodes? The mobile versions of fox and abc don't have em.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    The regular site.
    02-16-09 05:57 PM
    It's because RIM's servers are (generally) outside the US therefore your proxy IP is outside the US.
    Thanks. I was starting to figure that was it. Oh well.
    02-16-09 05:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD