I tried searching and got nothing that even remotely address this problem.

I have had some problems making videos with my phone. I'm using .148 which now i can get some videos to work, but not all. What happens when i try to replay some of the videos is an error that says "The media being played is of an unsupported format. When i select the video i want to view a green box appears in the corner saying "loading..." then after a minute it pops up the error. Also the green box that said loading turns red and says "Error Playing".

Under video options I am set to
    Video format; normal (480x353)

I have had this happen on the MMS setting as well but not as often. I lost some really good shots be cause of.

Can any one help me out? Can i some how salvage the files that won't play?

I think there is an option somewhere to format storage card, is that something that should be done? would it help this problem?
    06-20-09 12:33 PM
    me too. I hate it.
    06-20-09 01:25 PM
    The files on on your memory card under blackberry\videos:
    They should be .3gp files.
    06-20-09 01:27 PM
    try this:

go into media > video camera > bbmenu > options > change "video format" to: MMS Mode (176 x 144) > bbmenu > save > exit > and c if that helps > then if everything works fine > repeat steps 1-4 > change "video format to: normal (480 x 352) > bbmenu > save > exit
    06-20-09 02:38 PM
    The files on on your memory card under blackberry\videos:
    They should be .3gp files.
    Yes they are .3gp and the one is 3.4MB, but just won't play.
    06-20-09 02:42 PM
    try this:

go into media > video camera > bbmenu > options > change "video format" to: MMS Mode (176 x 144) > bbmenu > save > exit > and c if that helps > then if everything works fine > repeat steps 1-4 > change "video format to: normal (480 x 352) > bbmenu > save > exit
    So switching back to normal you think it will work? It did work in normal mode on some videos but not all.
    06-20-09 02:45 PM
    So switching back to normal you think it will work? It did work in normal mode on some videos but not all.
    it should, at least it worked for me if it doesnt work, just change it to mms mode and keep it in that mode
    06-20-09 02:46 PM
    Is there anyway to "fix" the files i have now that won't play back?
    06-21-09 10:02 AM
    go to options>security options>general settings.....content protection should be disabled. i had this problem too and this fixed it.
    also go to options>memory> and Encryption Mode should be "NONE".

let me know if this works. the video may not work if it was recorded when encryption was on. but any vid after this should work fine. if not try this.

after recording vid and pausing hit bb key then bb key again to view vids.(look at what the device named it before doing this, will be at the top of the screen)open and this should work.....if any of these don't work, then i have no idea whats going on.
    Last edited by twindragons187; 06-21-09 at 06:40 PM.
    06-21-09 06:33 PM
    go to options>security options>general settings.....content protection should be disabled. i had this problem too and this fixed it.
    also go to options>memory> and Encryption Mode should be "NONE".

let me know if this works. the video may not work if it was recorded when encryption was on. but any vid after this should work fine. if not try this.

after recording vid and pausing hit bb key then bb key again to view vids.(look at what the device named it before doing this, will be at the top of the screen)open and this should work.....if any of these don't work, then i have no idea whats going on.
    I have the same problem/msgs trying to play downloaded video. They are 3gp and wmv. Have a pearl with 4.5.0. Also some email pic attachments won't view and says unsupported file type.
    06-28-09 08:02 PM
    Sorry I had to reopen this post. Was there ever a fix to this? I have this awesome video footage of my friends and I going down this long slide from the top of the Great Wall to the bottom. When I try to replay it I have the same error message! Is there a program I can convert this .3gp to view it? Or is it forever lost and corrupted? I hope not because that is most likely a once and a lifetime experience!

Please help if you can!
    07-01-10 01:58 PM
    Noooo....say it ain't so! There's no info on how to resolve this??
    07-12-10 10:16 AM
    Evidently noone knows the answer........I too would very much like to know...I recently returned from serving in Iraq and took videos with my phone. Some worked and periodically some didnt. I made know changes from a series of 5 short videos right after the other. At least 1 of the 5 came up with this exact error/issue. Happened more than once and wondering if there is anything to do to get the missing ones......sucks
    09-10-10 09:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD