Last night I was deleting emails from my storm when it went to a white screen, a small timer appeared, it went black and white again and then froze.

I turned it off, then turned it back on and now I can't access my email anymore I get

"Uncaught exception: Application net_rim_bb_messaging_app(179) is not responding; process terminated

It also says I have 1648 messages...

When I hit the "Messages" icon on the screen all I get is a list of missed phone calls.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Jack
    02-08-09 02:35 PM
    When you said that you turned it off, did you mean you pulled the battery or did you use the power button on the storm? If you haven't already, try a battery pull. But it sounds like you have a corruption in one of the messaging modules. You can get more details about the error from the event viewer but it probably won't help you much if it is a corrupt module. What I would try to do is reload the OS back onto the storm. But make sure to do a backup before proceeding with the OS installation incase something else goes wrong.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-08-09 03:16 PM
    When you said that you turned it off, did you mean you pulled the battery or did you use the power button on the storm? If you haven't already, try a battery pull. But it sounds like you have a corruption in one of the messaging modules. You can get more details about the error from the event viewer but it probably won't help you much if it is a corrupt module. What I would try to do is reload the OS back onto the storm. But make sure to do a backup before proceeding with the OS installation incase something else goes wrong.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I tried both power cycles. All my stuff is at wok, I'll have to do that tomorrow.

Thanks!
    02-08-09 03:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD