Right at bootup I get

"Uncaught exception: java.lang.IllegalState Exception"

Any idea what this is?
    11-23-08 11:07 AM
    I have read hundreds of fixes for this but, none worked. I did find one reference to the security settings. Under Options>Security>General When I "Disabled" Content Protection it seemed to go away. It also seem to correct a problem I was having under Media "All Pictures" where my thumbnails were gone.

However I don't know what good this is since I want to protect my contacts in the event my phone is lost. I turned Content Protection back on and I guess I will just deal with the java.lang.illegalstate exception message after a reboot.
    01-21-09 01:41 PM
    I have just started to get this same erorr after battery pulls. Storm seems to work fine after selecting ok but would sure like to know what is causing this.

I'll try searching some more.
    01-29-09 04:50 PM
    I got that after installing quick pull. quick pull was a pos anyway so I uninstalled it and never got that message again.
    01-29-09 05:44 PM
    I am getting the same error message. When I looked at the event log, it looks like its trying to load an image at startup (*.png) that no longer is there. The event says missing resource and is looking for precision_zen360x480_t). I had switched my background to another picture and that is when this started happening. Not sure if that is what it is but I cleared event log, did a battery pull, phone rebooted, got the error and then looked at the event log.
    01-29-09 05:53 PM
    how do you get to the event log?
    01-29-09 06:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD