got it to work after clearing the browser cache
    Last edited by jbsandiego; 03-11-09 at 11:15 PM.
    12-09-08 07:37 PM
    clear your browser cache under option when in the browser app.

A simple search would have told you this.
    Last edited by ainvar; 12-09-08 at 07:43 PM.
    12-09-08 07:40 PM
    clear your browser cache under option when in the browser app.

A simple search would have told you this.
    i do that several times a day. doesnt fix anything. ive also done memeory cleaner, softresets before and after stilkl gets erro backing up
    12-09-08 07:49 PM
    I had this problem also, and I have yet to figure out why it stopped happening.

Mine would freeze while trying to backup the Message Options.

And I too was wiping memory like crazy with MaxMem, Memory Cleaner, and Browser wipes.
    Last edited by yasuragi; 12-09-08 at 08:36 PM.
    12-09-08 08:30 PM
    Do an advanced backup.

Manually back up each db one at a time.

At some point you'll reach the one that is causing you problems. Often it's the browser data cache or a 3rd party app that's causing the backup to fail. KeePassBB's option db routinely causes my backups to fail.

Clear that, and your backups will continue as normal.
    12-09-08 08:49 PM
    it makes no sense why this is happening. it only happens on my work computer. backups work fine on my laptop at home
    12-11-08 02:18 PM
    Mine would freeze at the Sim SmartCard Option and give me the same message.
    12-11-08 02:21 PM
    did you ever get it fixed?
    12-11-08 02:31 PM
    Personally I think this is an issue with the DM which really should be addressed by RIM ASAP! Top priority. First of all, since now I'm the one having this problem. And well, I've been known to kill a guy or two who causes me problems. So... having said that, and I'm not joking, I just got out... And I'm guessing I'm going back in soon. I won't kill the programmers of course. No. But the ******* managers who pushed the product onto the market before the devs said it was oke to do so.

Ridiculous. You guys in the states have the death penalty for (theoratically) really stupid things right? Like... well, some stuff I saw on discovery: In state X you can get the death penalty for not saying hi to your mother in law every sunday (extreme bull example, but stuff like that is supposed to be buried in the law in some states). Why o why can't those laws be modernized to say: release a product which is full of bugs because you want a fat bonus and give other people lots of sheit in return for your bonus..... and you'll be publically stoned to death! ?

That's more than reasonable right? Why are the company big shots over there such asses? Do they have small dicks orso?

Over here there aren't any people with small dicks, just asses ;-P
    01-09-09 03:16 PM
    Did you try clearing browser cache from DM before backing up? I always have to do that before a backup will run straight through.
    01-09-09 03:22 PM
    Well, the strange thing is that at first the error came up on the Docs2Go Preferences or profile files. Then I uninstalled the tool. And then the error appeared on a different place. Then on a different, and so on... Strange huh?

I'm gonna try what you said right now.

Just a sec... (if I can find it) ;-)
    01-09-09 03:28 PM
    Did you try clearing browser cache from DM before backing up? I always have to do that before a backup will run straight through.
    i'm in the same boat. i always get the "error backing up database" message if i don't delete the browser cache before the backup.
    01-09-09 08:34 PM
    During a full backup I would see mine fail on different databases. I did as suggested and ran individual backups of each item on the device. Twice it hung during the backups, but did not error out. I had to close and open DM and start with the last one I left off with. For me, it turned out PodTrapper was the culprit. Deleted it and now a full backup goes all the way through.

HTH
    01-11-09 12:38 PM
    Mine was doing the same thing. Failure was on different data bases. Clearing the browser cache while in DM fixed it.
    01-11-09 07:53 PM
    I had to clear the cache in 2 places. First I tried (unsuccessfully) just to clear the history - and got the same error. Go into Browser. Options. Cache Operations. Clear all 3; Content Cache, Pushed Content, and Cookie Cache. After doing this, I was successful at creating a backup for my data.
    06-22-09 12:51 AM
    I had this same problem, found this forum and was able to complete the back-up by deleting the browser cash. Thanks!
    06-22-09 04:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD