I've had my Storm for about two weeks now and have yet to be able to backup the device with respect to my messages. I receive the error message "Error backing up database(s)." I am attempting to backup the device with the Blackberry Desktop Manager using the Backup feature and it errors out when it gets to messages. I attempted to use the Advance feature to select one by one all of the databases and it does everyone fine except messages. I've tried clearing the cache, pushed content, and history of the browser; and I did numerous battery pulls. I've tried to clear out most of my messages on my phone, with now only having 20 that I did not want to delete. I've tried different versions of DM. Nothing seems to resolve this problem. I need some other suggestions PLEASE. Any suggestions/recommendations are extremely appreciated.
    05-29-09 10:26 AM
    I think another idea i read about a while ago, was to make sure your recycle bin is empty and your temp files deleted.

Give that a whirl. Might help.
    05-29-09 10:39 AM
    I've been having a similar problem with my phone as well. I don't have an answer but two things you could try.

Do you have a device password set? Do you have content protection enabled? (options on main screen > security > general settings)

I am not sure if that will make a difference but its worth trying.
    05-29-09 10:41 AM
    Good suggestion on empting the trash and temp folder. I did not try that. I did not work but it is a new suggestion worth me trying.
    05-29-09 10:53 AM
    Try manually backing up just a few things at a time.. when you have narrowed it down to what it is thats the problem then u should have a better idea of what you can do to fix it. If its stopping the backup at the messages part then it will almost always be something in ur cookies/history... try the WAP push meassages file. And also clear all history on ur browser. I had the same problem a while back and cant remember which one of the two fixed it, it was simple whatever it was n e ways.
    05-29-09 11:18 AM
    Thanks for this suggestion!!! Where can I find the WAP push meassages file?
    05-29-09 11:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD