I posted this over in the third party apps thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/med...-weeks-160297/

Basically if you purchased a BB within two weeks and go to register for this, you can get a year free of Rx Pro, pretty much the only Epocrates program available for the BB at the moment. The med professionals thread in the main forum reminded me of this offer. I couldn't find it posted anywhere so I figured I'd make you aware of it. I figured some of us have bought Storms fairly recently, so med professionals could get some use out of this
    Last edited by kokuryuha; 02-14-09 at 08:12 PM.
    02-14-09 08:07 PM
    So they've finally got a storm specific version to download? Finally?
    02-14-09 08:46 PM
    I don't think the Storm specific version is ready yet. But I did register when I bought my Storm. Hopefully the code still works when it is ready.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-14-09 09:09 PM
    Epocrates Rx for BlackBerry Storm Now Available
    Learn more

Direct from the Epocrates front page
    02-14-09 09:17 PM
    does it close?

i heard epocrates doesn't close
    02-14-09 09:52 PM
    does it close?

i heard epocrates doesn't close
    That I am not sure, as I haven't had the chance to put it on my phone yet. The only reason I would think it would stay open is if you set the AutoUpdate function.
    02-14-09 09:54 PM
    Hmm, I've heard people disabled the AutoUpdate function and it was still running causing massive memory leaks

Otherwise, I would love to install it
    02-14-09 10:16 PM
    just re-installed epocrates with the rx pro subscription.

u don't have to be within 14 days, i have a storm from nov 21st.

thanks for the heads up
    02-14-09 10:57 PM
    just re-installed epocrates with the rx pro subscription.

u don't have to be within 14 days, i have a storm from nov 21st.

thanks for the heads up
    good to know. I updated the other post to show that you did it with an 2+ week old device
    02-14-09 11:08 PM
    I don't no if the pro edition is better but the free version is always running.. kills your mem and batt life even if you d/c the auto update. IMO it sucks. unless it's the only app you want to run.?.
    I've tried it with a few diff OS's. the best one running is the hybrid's but still a big pig on the mem/batt life
    02-15-09 02:33 AM
    Downloaded it, gave it a two week try and couldn't live with my phone. I't KILLED my memory.... Deleted it and phone back to running like new. someone suggested if you need to look up meds to try drugs.com or globalrph.com/index.htm thats what im gonna do till they fix the memory issue.
    02-15-09 06:31 AM
    Downloaded it, gave it a two week try and couldn't live with my phone. I't KILLED my memory.... Deleted it and phone back to running like new. someone suggested if you need to look up meds to try drugs.com or globalrph.com/index.htm thats what im gonna do till they fix the memory issue.
    Same hear major memory leak, had to uninstall.
    02-15-09 06:48 AM
    I agree with the above posts. I'm running 103 now and epocrates was absolutely killing me. The other os's seemed to have the mem leak but tolerates epoc for me.

On 103 I was constantly under 5 megs of memory and sometimes less than 1. Now I have over 20 usually.

Running much better now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-15-09 07:11 AM
    With such glowing praise for the program, how can I resist? Such a necessary app for healthcare professionals, but they give us a product that plays havoc with our devices. Just a shame. I'll pass on Epocrates....again.
    02-15-09 08:18 AM
    Epocrates has pretty good service too, but Pro's tools are pretty un-necessary. Try the basic program. You get doc alerts and several tools built in to the Free one, and you can get specialty and specific to Blackberry calculators and tools at

Free iPhone & BlackBerry Medical Software | QxMD

They have lexi-comp and Tarascon too - but they are pay. And no, I have no idea how they work on the Storm, but I just emailed them asking if they are compatible.
    02-15-09 09:11 AM
    02-15-09 09:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD