Since upgrading epocrates is not working as it did on .75. Compatibility mode on or off does not change the fact that I can not hide the keyboard.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-23-09 11:22 PM
    there's a new version of ePocrates just for the storm.. for about a month now.. no need to be on compatibility mode.. it works well and it even has the pill identifier which is great during admission.. ^___^ .. and as far as i know, it installs on the sd card.. YAY!!!

so far it works on the 9530 running .109..
    02-24-09 03:59 PM
    does it still run in the background and how does it effect your memory. Haven't gotten it yet but I am thinking about it. This probably should be in 3rd party apps sub-forum.
    02-24-09 05:03 PM
    I had the Storm specific one and couldn't turn it off... so I ditched it. I should try it again now with .109, but hate the potential battery/mem hit of never being able to exit it.
    02-26-09 04:42 PM
    So far so good w/ epocrates and .109. But I can't wait for that new cursor/text selection tool. Have you tried to use the calculators? I tried to do a GFR and a somple BMI... This thing needs a TAB key. The problem is mostly the tap lag... Ima try to play around with hover sensitivity and what not... But it takes about 3-5 seconds for it to realize you want to move to the next data entry field when you swipe it down... And forget tapping down. That just calls up the menu unless you get lucky enough to hit it spot on in that 3mm high window.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-27-09 04:49 PM
    i just purchased a storm and went to .109. there was also a deal with epocrates and BB where if you sign up within 14 days of purchase you get 1yr of epocrates pro free. so far everything appears to be working great, although i have ot tried any of the calculators.

what is the approx average free mem that should be available? mine currently is at 27.1MB

is there a way or app to force most things to run off the card rather than the built-in mem?
    02-27-09 06:52 PM
    I've had epocrates on a pearl, curve and now the Storm... Starting abotu 2 years ago, it installs to the card by default. It should be on your card. When you installed it, you should have gotten a message that said "successful installation on SD card, but you can check in DM.

Since installing epocrates, the free mem is chronically in the 30's... after a batt pull, it goes up to high 40's, but drops to 30's pretty quickly and just stays there. Epocrates and google maps are the only 3rd party apps I have besides appleberry theme and I close all apps (tediously and begrudgingly) every time I use them.
    02-27-09 07:53 PM
    No real problems with epocrates in .109. Was using it the past couple days at work w/ no problems.
    02-27-09 07:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD