Hello,

I bought a couple months old Storm 2. It was used without BIS or BES.

My problem is that it only gives me the option to setup Enterprise Server. I don't need that. I need to use it with BIS. Can someone help me fix this?

Again, it was never used with Enterprise server and I am trying to set it up with Blackberry Internet Service.

Thank you for your help,

salenks
    09-23-10 04:17 PM
    Do you have a BlackBerry data plan now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-23-10 06:11 PM
    Yes, I have BIS and it is active. I spoke with their support and they say everything is OK on their end.
    09-24-10 02:39 PM
    Are you sure the previous owner did not use it on BES? In Options / Status, type BUYR. If you see lines referring to Data Usage IT Policy and Voice Usage IT Policy, then you have an IT Policy that needs to be removed. If you bought the phone used and it came with an IT policy, you can remove it using this procedure, created by Forums Moderator Pete6: Removing an IT Policy from a BlackBerry phone.
    09-24-10 02:44 PM
    This is what I have:

Data Usage: 26483.9K
    Voice Usage: 2:03:27:37
    IT Policy: Disabled

The phone was purchased used. Do I have to follow the procedure you posted?

Thanks for your quick reply.
    09-24-10 03:00 PM
    No, it does not sound like you need the IT Policy removal procedure. After re-reading your original post, I have another question. Why do you think you only have the option to set up Enterprise server? If you are looking at Options / Advanced Options / Enterprise Activation, that's the wrong place for you. You can ignore that and run the email setup wizard that should be in your Setup folder on your Home Screen.
    09-24-10 03:08 PM
    That is what I did. When I go to Setup Wizard, then email setup, this is what I get:
    Select an email setup option.
    I want to use a work email account with a BlackBerry Enterprise Server. (which has a round button that is checked and cannot be unchecked)

It is checked and I only have a Close and Next option at the bottom. Blackberry button isn't help either, it only gives me next, Switch application and close.
    09-24-10 03:15 PM
    On that screen you should also have "I want to create or add an email address." with a radio button by it as well. Since you have an active BIS account, have you tried setting up your email on the BIS page on your PC?
    09-24-10 03:26 PM
    No there is no radio button for "I want to create or add an email address". What is a BIS page? Provider's page?

One more question. Is there a way to transfer a Theme from Storm 2 to Storm?
    09-24-10 03:33 PM
    No there is no radio button for "I want to create or add an email address". What is a BIS page? Provider's page?

One more question. Is there a way to transfer a Theme from Storm 2 to Storm?
    The BIS page is your provider's internet service page. I don't know what it is for MTS. You should be able to get the address from your carrier customer service. I looked in the FAQ page here and didn't find it. (That's why my response took so long.)
    09-24-10 03:46 PM
    How do you know I am on MTS? I think I have that page. I tried it but it says that my BIS is disabled or suspended or something like that. I spoke with their support and they keep assuring me that everything is OK on their end.

Thanks for your replies.

What about theme transfer? I want to transfer one called com_plazmic_bluegray which I can't find on the net.
    09-24-10 03:55 PM
    I'm on wap now, but when I was logged on to CrackBerry at my PC, I looked at your profile to see your carrier so I could look up their BIS address for you. If the web site is telling you your acct is suspended, then you at least have a clue. Call Customer Service and tell them the message you are getting.
    I've not tried to copy a theme from one device to another. You may be able to copy the file from one device to a PC and from the PC to the second device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-24-10 04:06 PM
    Here is some more info.

I have BIS with two networks. One network I have Storm and another I have storm 2. The storm has email setup but Storm 2 is the problem.

This is what I tried: I took the sim card from Storm 2 into Storm and I was able to setup email. This tells me that the problem is with the phone itself.

When you install Desktop Manager initially, I think it asks you if you are going to use BES or BIS. Is it possible that the previous owner has selected BES and that is the problem. If it is, how would I fix this. I connected the phone to Desktop Manager I use for Storm which works fine and is installed properly.

Another question. I can't play ANY clips not recorded on the Storm 2. For example youtube clips. I had the same problem with Storm phone. My friend has Storm and he can play the clips that I can't. I am thinking, did I uninstall some important program? How would I fix this.

Thanks,
    09-26-10 06:25 AM
    You do have to select BES or BIS when you install Desktop Manager, but that would only have affected the previous owner's installation. We've already ruled out your having an IT policy on the phone, so the phone wasn't used on BES.

I've never played with YouTube, so I can't help with that.

I'm sorry, I don't seem to be much help.
    09-26-10 07:13 PM
    Sounds like the phone that doesn't have the Personal Email Setup option did not have the ESN/IMEI and PIN properly entered into the carrier's BIS.
    09-26-10 07:38 PM
    I used CrackUtil to remove the IT policy even though I didn't need to. I even wiped the phone using CrackUtil and also used Jloader and wiped the phone with that program as well. However, I still can't get the email and play youtube videos?!?!

I guess my test with a card from a different provider wasn't such a good test. I will contact my provider and see what happens.

Now I have a problem where I lost a very nice theme that came with the phone. The phone was made for Vodafone. If anyone can help me with that, I would be greatful.

Thanks
    09-28-10 03:42 PM
    great post. very informative. thanks for posting.
    09-28-10 11:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD