I can't really describe this well, but when I was typing a text in landscape mode I noticed that if you hold down your finger (lightly just to highlight it, without clicking) for a few seconds on a vowel, an enlarged version of the letter comes up above it (think of the iPhone). This only seems to happen with the vowels.

Has anyone else discovered this? I think it would be a cool feature if that would happen every time any letter is pressed.
    12-03-08 11:39 PM
    Just tried it out... I have never noticed that, but the way it is displayed, it doesn't seem very practical. It would be better if they followed suit of many other touch phones and displayed the letter above the button. Personally, i have no trouble typing on the storm and I find the best way to discover errors while typing is noticing the phone bringing up to autocomplete/ correct box and doing your corrections from there.
    12-03-08 11:43 PM
    I just noticed that it works when hovering on the 'n' key - gives the option for the Spanish N with a tilde over it. Didn't test any others, as I'm about to hit the sack.

But, yes, it is a feature to let you type a letter that would have some type of accent.
    12-03-08 11:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD