Hello!

For those of you brave enough to venture into the engineering screens...

under the CDMA RADIO there is an EVDO section, that says throttle apps, throttle modem.

Ive disabled the throttle - and it seems as tho download speeds (via cisco GIST application) are faster than with the throttle on.

Anyone ever played with this that can confirm? Or am I just getting fluke results?

Again, play with the engineering screens if you dare.
    08-20-10 09:36 AM
    how do you get into these screens to make this change?
    08-20-10 01:44 PM
    If you don't already know how to get into this screen you are better off leaving it that way. Make the wrong change in this area can cause big problems for your phone.
    08-20-10 03:11 PM
    If you don't already know how to get into this screen you are better off leaving it that way. Make the wrong change in this area can cause big problems for your phone.
    Don't want to start a flame war here but that is a pretty arrogant response..
    Anyone fooling with an engineering screen pretty well knows that there can be unexpected consequences. This is how people learn..
    If something gets screwed up than you can always appeal for help here..
    People really do not need to be protected from learning by doing.
    08-21-10 01:13 PM
    Is this under 5.0.0.797? is the eScreen even accessible in the higher OS5 builds?
    08-21-10 02:36 PM
    Is this under 5.0.0.797? is the eScreen even accessible in the higher OS5 builds?
    08-21-10 02:44 PM
    Look at this post and the the first post of the thread:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/ad...ml#post5260036

I did the change, I haven't noticed any substantial difference , however I haven't run any prior/after tests.
    08-21-10 09:27 PM
    Thanks dad??? lol.... what a joke.
    08-22-10 09:57 AM
    Thanks dad??? lol.... what a joke.
    Hey, for all I know you could be a curious kid wondering what this area on the phone is. So no, I wasn't being arrogant at all.
    08-23-10 07:59 AM
    Hey, for all I know you could be a curious kid wondering what this area on the phone is. So no, I wasn't being arrogant at all.
    You didn't know if it was an adult either..
    08-23-10 10:14 AM
    Adult or not, doesn't much matter here. Point is, the poster was correct in what they said in terms of if someone doesn't know what the E Screen is, they probably don't need to be in there. There's enough idiots on here false bricking their BBs during an OS load. I think it was responsible enough for the person to word it as they did. If the person asking how to do this wasn't enough of a noob already (or wanted to show that they weren't) they would have already known about the E Screen from a simple search on this site. But hey, I'm one of those people that believe that sometimes what information you give to someone should be evaluated on if that person should receive that information. In other words... protecting others that need protecting from themselves.

I don't think that poster meant any disrespect...
    08-23-10 10:28 PM
    I'm going to have to agree on this one. especially if the person inquiring doesn't have the sense to search and find out for themselves. No disrespect meant here either but I can bet this would be the same type of person who messes some settings up and bricks their phone and the first thing they do is make a thread asking how to fix it...instead of taking the time to learn and search for the answers on their own. Just saying, peace and love yo

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-25-10 06:45 PM
    Seems to get re-enabled after a reboot.
    08-29-10 12:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD